Cineverse Star Wars Universe news and rumors

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I think it depends on which franchise he thought (and to a lesser extent what you think) has the brighter future: X-Men or Star Wars.
The dude loves Star Wars. It’s his first, best love. As Lids said, it’s soiled now, and again, the opportunity to reboot the X-Men and FF holds far more creative possibilities. They are even more soiled, but Feige will be given complete control to do whatever he wants there. They weren’t going to let him fix Star Wars in the same fashion. He’d be tethered to the Kennedy movies as canon. That would be like Sony telling him he had to use Garfield’s Spidey in the in the MCU.

Feige used this to his advantage though, partially seizing control of Marvel TV.

As much as he loves Star Wars, he hates Ike Perlmutter more.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
You’re cool with a prequel?
Sure. I'm not that invested in the future of the Kingsman Universe and don't really care for a retread of 2 with more Channing Tatum. (That's right. 12 and a half minutes of Channing Tatum!) But I really like retro sci-fi, and I like the crazy scientific advancements of the WW1 era. And it's far enough back in time where it won't be Harry's first adventure and aesthetically enough where it won't be Connery-era Bond.

You’re cool with a prequel?
I would be cool with a Kingsman prequel that takes place around and/or after the First World War too. It would be a great way to make me forget about the Golden Circle. They touched briefly on their origins in the first movie. So they can build a story around that.

As long as they don't make the main character in the movie Eggsy's great-grandfather they'll be fine.

LiddyRules

I would be cool with a Kingsman prequel that takes place around and/or after the First World War too. It would be a great way to make me forget about the Golden Circle. They touched briefly on their origins in the first movie. So they can build a story around that.

As long as they don't make the main character in the movie Eggsy's great-grandfather they'll be fine.
It probably will be, and that doesn't bother me, since it's too early for even Harry to appear. But If they book end it like The Hobbit with "Did I ever tell you the story of your great great great grandfather Reginald Kingsman III?" ....

Pigdango

Donator
I can’t think of a prequel made in the last 40 years that hasn’t fallen into one form of this trap or another. There’s no rational reason to think this movie would be any different, and therefore no reason to say “well THIS prequel will be the one that gets it right.”

And I’m aware XMFC is probably the best prequel made in that timeframe, also by Vaughn, but for all it did right, it did fuck things up as well.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
https://movieweb.com/john-williams-hospitalized-illness-star-wars-composer/

Star Wars Composer John Williams Hospitalized, Cancels Concerts Due to Illness

Kevin Burwick— October 24th, 2018in Movie News

John Williams was forced to pull out of three performances after hospitalization due to illness. The 86-year old Star Wars composer was scheduled to appear with the London Symphony Orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall this Friday, October 26th, but he has canceled. Concerts with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra on November 3rd and 4th will also be affected. Williams' long-time friend Maestro Dirk Brossé will be conducting the concerts while Williams recovers in the hospital. The Royal Albert Hall had this to say in a statement.

"John is so sorry that an illness prevents him from conducting Friday's concert, and he's grateful to his friend Maestro Dirk Brass for taking the podium in his place. He so wishes he could be with everyone, and the knowledge that 5,000 of his friends will be joining together to celebrate his music is a great comfort to him as he recovers. He wishes everyone a very joyous evening of music."

The illness that John Williams is suffering from has not been made public knowledge as of this writing. Williams is one of the most iconic composers alive today, having scored both Star Wars trilogies as well as the The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. Williams also helped score the theme for Solo: A Star Wars Story and is attached to score the upcoming Star Wars 9 as well.

In addition to his work in the Star Wars universe, John Williams has written many other well-known scores. Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Superman, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, the Indiana Jones franchise, the first two Home Alone films, Hook, the first two Jurassic Park films, Schindler's List, and the first three Harry Potter movies all contain scores from Williams. His long career started back in the 1950s, when he was known as Johnny Williams.

John Williams has also been recognized for his work a lot over the years, and is the second most-nominated individual in Academy Awards history, just behind Walt Disney. The composer has been nominated 51 times for an Academy Award and has won 5 times. Additionally, Williams has won 24 Grammy Awards, seven British Academy Film Awards, and four Golden Globe Awards. The American Film Institute has named his 1977 Star Wars score "the greatest American film score of all time."

Recently, John Williams announced that he is going to retire from the Star Wars universe after he completes work on J.J. Abrams' Star Wars 9. The composer wants to be able to work on other projects, which is completely understandable. It's amazing that Lucasfilm has worked with the icon as much as they have. As for Disney and Lucasfilm continuing on without him, Williams doesn't seem to mind, stating that "they will probably continue on to do Star Wars for decades. So I think it's all good." You can check out the announcement below, thanks to the Royal Albert Hall Twitter account. In the meantime, let's all wish John Williams a speedy recovery.

Unfortunately, owing to a last-minute illness, John Williams greatly regrets that he is no longer able to join us for this concert and will be replaced by his colleague and dear friend Dirk Brossé conducting the @londonsymphony. Full details here: https://t.co/F9zPv2D7oE
— Royal Albert Hall (@RoyalAlbertHall) October 24, 2018

Pigdango

Donator

LiddyRules

Ok I’m not getting the Disney Streaming service.

This is the very worst possible idea for a Star Wars TV show. It might be the worst idea for a TV show ever, and we live in a world where ABC is airing Roseanne without Roseanne.
Worse Star Wars news/rumor: This or that Episode 9 will have Young Palpatine, according to The Weekly Planet?

Pigdango

Donator
Worse Star Wars news/rumor: This or that Episode 9 will have Young Palpatine, according to The Weekly Planet?
The fact that it’s Matt Smith potentially playing young Palps makes this closer, but Andor a solo story is still way worse.

LiddyRules

The fact that it’s Matt Smith potentially playing young Palps makes this closer, but Andor a solo story is still way worse.
I think Palps is worse. It's so utterly unnecessary and only meant for the applause when someone says Alderman Palpatine.

But with Grant probably playing Young Snoke, I guess they need that. But why? If the idea is for Smith to be Palps in the next trilogy? But that won't pay off. I think people will reject it.

I can understand the ENDOR series though. Because the last time Star Wars built a property around the sexy cad, it went really well.

Pigdango

Donator
I think Palps is worse. It's so utterly unnecessary and only meant for the applause when someone says Alderman Palpatine.

But with Grant probably playing Young Snoke, I guess they need that. But why? If the idea is for Smith to be Palps in the next trilogy? But that won't pay off. I think people will reject it.

I can understand the ENDOR series though. Because the last time Star Wars built a property around the sexy cad, it went really well.
Palps could be as little as a 5 second cameo, while Andor is 8-10 hours of absolutely nothing other than people searching for how to turn on subtitles for Disney Streaming.

LiddyRules

Palps could be as little as a 5 second cameo, while Andor is 8-10 hours of absolutely nothing other than people searching for how to turn on subtitles for Disney Streaming.
Do you think that Rebel leader from Solo - the one who could have been 13 or 31 whose purpose I'm still unclear about - will be in it?

Also, you can avoid Andor; you can't 9.

Pigdango

Donator
Do you think that Rebel leader from Solo - the one who could have been 13 or 31 whose purpose I'm still unclear about - will be in it?

Also, you can avoid Andor; you can't 9.
It took me like 5 minutes and a google search to even remember who you were talking about, but...yes of course, why not? Will Forest Whitaker?

LiddyRules

It took me like 5 minutes and a google search to even remember who you were talking about, but...yes of course, why not? Will Forest Whitaker?
At the end of every appearance, he loses a body part.

In an easily avoidable catastrophe.

Pigdango

Donator
At the end of every appearance, he loses a body part.

In an easily avoidable catastrophe.
In a surprise twist, we fimd out Whitaker is actually the rebel leader from Solo, posing as a man since losing her tits.

Matt Smith as Young Palpatine. It reminds me a lot of what with Mads Mikkelsen in Rogue One. Where you had this very good and well known actor and you wasted him on such a bullshit role.

Pigdango

Donator
Matt Smith as Young Palpatine. It reminds me a lot of what with Mads Mikkelsen in Rogue One. Where you had this very good and well known actor and you wasted him on such a bullshit role.
How about it just reminds you of Matt Smith in Termy Genny?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Looking forward to the IG-88 series.