Cineverse Star Wars Universe news and rumors

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
It is so bad. It's like Terminator re-imagined as a kids cartoon series re-imagined as a PG-13 movie.
Here is something to ponder. Taking Star Wars out of the equation, which one of the following franchises needs to come this realization:

We taken this thing as far as its going to go and there is no new ground to cover. Its time to stop making movies:

Alien, Predator, or Terminator.

I can make a case for all three. But if I had to pick one, it would be Terminator.

Here is something to ponder. Taking Star Wars out of the equation, which one of the following franchises needs to come this realization:

We taken this thing as far as its going to go and there is no new ground to cover. Its time to stop making movies:

I can make a case for all three. But if I had to pick one, it would be Terminator.
I would agree only because filmmakers have shown that they can't seem to make an entertaining Terminator movie anymore. They've had enough chances, let it go.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder

Terminator, but not Terminator. Time for my long winded answer why.

Alien and Predator are essentially the same concept: hulking monster terrorizes people from the shadows. They're both basic monster movies, but because the slasher comes from space, it feels like it's something different. It's very hard to make a really good slasher film, but it's also the simplest genre to try and do right. The problem with the recent sequels is that they try too hard to do something crazy and complex with the lore, which defeats why those movies worked in the first place, or become too meta or self aware.

Terminator is a different animal. Because while you do have the hulking monster from the shadows, you also have time travel, family/fate, future war, 80s tech paranoia. It's incredible just how well the first two movies (especially the first one) managed to find the right balance of all of those things to make a movie that feels relatively basic. So in trying to re-do Terminator, it's far more complicated. It's both a matter of honing in on which element you believe is the most central to Terminator plus updating what the zeitgeist fear is. (Termy G wasn't necessarily wrong with the SkyNet App concept, it was the execution that was so unbelievably clumsy and embarrassing.) So I think Terminator would be the hardest to remake but also that it has the most overall potential in being remade/sequelized. HOWEVER, the key is remake. No call backs, no Arnie, no Hamilton, no Easter eggs. It's starting completely anew.

Also consider the Sarah Connor Chronicles where the Terminators were infiltrating society as normal people, learning sentience, etc. There are different avenues you can take with the Terminator idea that is far deeper and more interesting than what can be done with Alien or Predator. But all of the later films have focused purely on the surface elements of the franchise.

Last edited:
Interesting of the three series you named, in two of them (Alien and Terminator) the second movie was the pinnacle of the series. I guess that fits with being in the Star Wars thread.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Star Wars Celebration is coming up in a couple of months. Here's a poster that probably won't do much to calm everyone down regarding the "mistreatment" of Luke.

LiddyRules

Star Wars Celebration is coming up in a couple of months. Here's a poster that probably won't do much to calm everyone down regarding the "mistreatment" of Luke.
Don't you get it? Darth and Luke are split because Luke is Snoke! And Snoke is the Emperor! And the Emperor is Darth Vader! And Snoke is the reincarnation of Darth Vader!

Yoda being between the blue and the red means that he will be torn between the dark and the light and episode 9 will reveal that Yoda was Snoke all along!

Count Dooku being so prominent means he will return in Episode 9 as one of the Knights of Ren!

I'm surprised no Jyn Erso! I've noticed them pushing her on a lot of merchandise!

Is Star Wars so bereft of adequate villains they have Captain Phasma on it? I just noticed fucking General Grievous is on there too!

Don't you get it? Darth and Luke are split because Luke is Snoke! And Snoke is the Emperor! And the Emperor is Darth Vader! And Snoke is the reincarnation of Darth Vader!

Yoda being between the blue and the red means that he will be torn between the dark and the light and episode 9 will reveal that Yoda was Snoke all along!

Count Dooku being so prominent means he will return in Episode 9 as one of the Knights of Ren!

I'm surprised no Jyn Erso! I've noticed them pushing her on a lot of merchandise!

Is Star Wars so bereft of adequate villains they have Captain Phasma on it? I just noticed fucking General Grievous is on there too!
You missed Finn in front of Lando......"I am your father" moment in Ep 9?

Voodoo Ben

The African Dream
Well,

This should be interesting.............

LiddyRules

Who is this?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
A) Spoilers

B) Probably a Knight of Ren.
C) Did they take a picture of the name of the character but not the title of the dang film?
D) Do you pronounce Revan like Re-Van or Kevin with an R?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Thanks for not directly linking the tweet, I much prefer clicking through some shitty news site's awful webpage.
If I was on a PC, I would have.

Besides, I don't want to click through some shitty news site's awful webpage.