Cineverse Star Wars Universe news and rumors

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
PRACTICAL EFFECTS!

I posed this question to @Neon on the Twitter: Imagine nothing at all Star Wars came out between The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. Do you think people's reactions to The Last Jedi would be better or worse?
I honestly think better. I think if we knew that was the only Star Wars we were going to get for a couple of years (and I assume you mean no Solo afterwards and no discussion of the other spin-offs) we would give it a little more leeway because of the novelty/rarity of being in the universe. There'd still be people upset with it, but if we weren't already arguing about every bit of Star Wars news/products/information, we wouldn't have already been primed to continue fighting.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I honestly think better. I think if we knew that was the only Star Wars we were going to get for a couple of years (and I assume you mean no Solo afterwards and no discussion of the other spin-offs) we would give it a little more leeway because of the novelty/rarity of being in the universe. There'd still be people upset with it, but if we weren't already arguing about every bit of Star Wars news/products/information, we wouldn't have already been primed to continue fighting.
See I just feel like the anticipation of seeing Luke after three years with nothing but the anticipation of that building up only to get this:

Would have left people even more pissed off. At least SOME of the fans could say "But still - that Darth Vader scene was awesome, bro." Honestly I think Rogue One is the only thing that has stopped the fanbase from completely disintegrating. By and large I think most of the people who are Last Jedi apologists are also in the "Rogue One is better than Empire" group.

I'm an episode behind. Without spoilers, why is everyone mad about GoT?
I thought the episode was the best this season because they said fuck it and went full on retard. Pants choked fulla poo, sticker book in the hand, helmet on the head, and wet stain in the front of the sweat pants level retarded.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'm an episode behind. Without spoilers, why is everyone mad about GoT?
They destroyed 7 seasons of character and plot development for expediency. This entire season has been an abortion.

These guys were brilliant at adapting Martin's books. But it became very obvious that they had lots of notes in season 5 and 6, considerably less in season 7 and nothing but a brief outline, if even that, for season 8. Because the less material they had to work with, the lazier and shittier the writing became.

To be fair, we don't know all the behind the scenes factors. Maybe if they had their own project that they could control from beginning to end, they would do a better job.

Then again, these are the guys behind X-Men: Origins.

BIV

Shit, really? I've always blamed all the bad X-Men stuff on Simon Kinberg.
Well, Benioff is. He wrote the screenplay.

He also wrote Troy (which I liked) and The Kite Runner.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator

BIV

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
It's been all quiet on the Star Wars front lately, but I have exciting news

Premiering at ComicCon next week!!

I know you might be asking "what is a Sith Trooper? Is it a Sith in Stormtrooper Armor? Is is a Stormtrooper that assists Siths? Are there any Siths left? Is Kylo Ren a Sith? Are the Knights of Ren a band of Siths?" These are good questions. And to respond, let me tell you, this Stormtrooper armor is red with ribbing! It's like if the Stormtroopers and the Red Guard had a baby! Malibu Stacey has a new hat!