Stardew Valley

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Good news! I lack the mindset of a tween, so a farm game holds no interest.

The warning is appreciated though.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
I play this game. In my backyard. In my garden. With real, live food.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I have to agree that the struggle is real. It's addictive and well made. Be as hoity toity as you want, but Shooter is right. You will totally be addicted.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
There is no such thing as a mulch recipe. You're thinking of compost.

That game has taught you nothing.

Except maybe how to be a faggot, faggot.
I don't play farming simulators, nigga. I'm bust'n my ass with these hoes on the fields.

I'll see yo ass in the gardening section of home depot, bitch!

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
I don't play farming simulators, nigga. I'm bust'n my ass with these hoes on the fields.

I'll see yo ass in the gardening section of home depot, bitch!
So be it. Weed whackers by the begonias at ten thirty, eleven- ish it shall be Sir.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
The name of this game sounds like Bobo should be saying it.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
Just unlocked the mine carts. Fucking godsend from having to walk between the farm and the mine.

Found the secret forest, got the star thing.
Reached the bottom of the mines, got the key thing.
Currently in Spring, year 2. Starting to finally get rich.

Yesterdays Hero

Just unlocked the mine carts. Fucking godsend from having to walk between the farm and the mine.

Found the secret forest? Wowee. Did you also find the Dildo in your ass whilst playing this? Inquiring minds.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator

Nice one. I'm only barely starting my first summer because I can't usually find the time. I watch it a bunch on twitch though, because fuck @Yesterday's Hero

Bobobie

This game is based SNES Harvest moon. It being a Nintendo inspired game is why it uses the annoying cutesy cartoony anime smiley characters with Farmville Style quests. I couldn't play this for five minutes without wanting to find a Japanese person and kill them violently.

Yesterdays Hero

Nice one. I'm only barely starting my first summer because I can't usually find the time. I watch it a bunch on twitch though, because fuck @Yesterday's Hero
Just because it's a game, doesn't mean it should be played.

Yesterdays Hero

It's a fun game. Shut your damn whore mouth.
Fun like a grown man playing a game meant for tween girls? Long as you're happy in your Skirt, Shooter. Jesus. Next you'll be crowing about how the latest Bronie Game is do die for.

BIV

Fun like a grown man playing a game meant for tween girls? Long as you're happy in your Skirt, Shooter. Jesus. Next you'll be crowing about how the latest Bronie Game is do die for.
Get over yourself, Bennington. I understand, it's not good enough unless there is appropriate amounts of blood and drugs and whores, maybe some manly bar fights. Have you reserved your copy of Queerkicker Valley?

Yesterdays Hero

Get over yourself, Bennington. I understand, it's not good enough unless there is appropriate amounts of blood and drugs and whores, maybe some manly bar fights. Have you reserved your copy of Queerkicker Valley?
There's a fair big difference between going Bloodgore Fight 7 and Twinkle Girlie Raise a Chick-Chick. That's not the angle I'm going at. Making a big fuss about getting to use the new Pink Brush in Hairdresser College Mall Quest isn't something that a grown ass man should be referring to. Hence, it getting poked fun at.

BIV

There's a fair big difference between going Bloodgore Fight 7 and Twinkle Girlie Raise a Chick-Chick. That's not the angle I'm going at. Making a big fuss about getting to use the new Pink Brush in Hairdresser College Mall Quest isn't something that a grown ass man should be referring to. Hence, it getting poked fun at.
Part of the appeal of the game is that it's a ball of gooey bubblegum. It's dumb and silly with unicorns and cotton candy and little critters with heart decorations masking solid gameplay. The fact that half the game reviewers out there have recently said some version of "I put down Stardew Valley long enough to play this game" tells me all I need to know.

It's not my cup of tea, but as an avid Minecraft fan, I can't judge.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
It's not that childish. There are references to sex and drugs in the game, but it's done in a clean and whimsical way.

Yes, it is based on Harvest Moon. There is no real challenge to it other than taking the time to unlock everything ie needing to catch certain kinds of fish or producing certain crops to unlock certain abilities or parts of the map.

It's really fun though and even though the farming can seem tedious at times, there are things in the game that actually make you give a shit and keep playing.