Starstruck like a little pussy. Over a C-list actor.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
Woman at work has a son who is a minor actor. (or an up-and-coming actor, I don't know) He's had a few appearances on Veronica Mars and a few other things. He stopped by work today with his sister and niece and I behaved myself. I didn't get all Jimmy over it or anything. But afterwards, I was telling my wife (whom I work with) that I was feeling all giddy and wishing I'd talked to him more and got his autograph or something. And felt like it was... I don't know how to explain, like it was exciting to meet an actor from Hollywood. But when I got down to it, it really was a non-event. Because he's just a regular guy from a po-dunk town in Missouri. I felt like a little douche.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2028579/

Max Johnson

Oct 14, 2004
I've been a starstruck asshole a few times when there was no need to be (an Anthrax signing years ago comes to mind) but I wouldn't even know who the fuck this guy was.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
being starstruck is a great feeling till you realize your almost 30 and you actually rehearsed your conversation

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
with all the 24 hour channels on TV that need material and all the wonderful movies being made, pretty soon all of us will run into some sort of actor, maybe even one of us will be on the screen in some sort. your lifes a movie gkgkgkgkgk

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
When I was younger I was really into the local minor league hockey team. I was at the local ski area and I saw one of the treams enforcers(always loved the fighters). Thinking back on the way I acted I am really embarassed about how I pretty much freaked out like a 10 yr old girl over a guy that probably didnt played less then 5 NHL games,if any at all.

I have since overcome that problem. Now when I see a celeb I act like hes not even there, pretty much the way they want it.

Razor Roman

MJMandalayForPresident2024
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
haha. Even I'm in the IMDB.

And I went to high school with the girl who played Dave Seville's girlfriend in the Chipmunks movie.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I've been starstruck a couple times, then later wondered why the fuck did I act the way I did.

I met D.B. Sweeney at a hockey game once. Who is D.B. Sweeney, you ask? Exactly. http://imdb.com/name/nm0000665/ He co-starred in The Cutting Edge in the early 90's, Strange Luck on Fox and recently has appeared on Jericho and CSI. I was a stuttering idiot. I get the same way when I meet hockey players. I've met guys like Al Arbour, Grant Fuhr, Dominik Hasek, Pierre Turgeon, Rick DiPietro...and I just totally lose my concentration on what I want to say.

I don't get the same feeling when I meet comedians though. I've met Vos and Bonnie, Caliendo, and Titus, and it really was no big deal.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
C-list? You got excited over an extra.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Never really was all that starstruck, my sister and father are the same.....each of us had a few brushes with greatness and in weird places..hell, my dad once met Joan Rivers in her nightgown in a hotel in Cleveland, I had a jog with Harrison Ford in Westport Point, and Sis and Family had ice cream in Vermont and Stephen King and Family sat at the table next to hers.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
I've met a few,,,even fucked with one= mark wahlberg. My brother's fiance at the time walked up to him at Atlantic Fish on Boylston in Boston and was talking to him,,,I walked over and= , "are you hitting on my girlfriend!?!?!" HAHAHA it was great! Shook hands etc,,,but man the look on his face and the putting the arms in the air like "NO MAN!" was fucking priceless!!!

My dad met Cuba Gooding Jr., like i've said before he did the today show a few times as a medical guy talking about alzheimers and once discussing weight loss pills (all the stuff his very own son takes), and he met him. Said he just asked about the Red Sox and talked sports, I guess he's really cool and approachable even for a dorky doctor from Boston :)

My mom has met Danny Divito. This was years ago and he was with his wife in NYC at the hotel my parents were staying at. Some lady was talking to my mom and he was in the background making faces because he could see that my mom was not very interested in what this lady was talking to my mom about. My mom walked over and said hi to him= also a very down to earth guy.

The only person I really wan't to meet would be Howard,,,in an elevator that on it's way up, and suddenly broke down :)

Would love to meet Angelina too.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Met Steven Wright in 98. I waited on him when i was working on Block Island. I made fun of his date and made him laugh. His date said that it was really hard to make hime laugh as hard as i did. I felt special. :)

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I worked in the broadcasting and music industries years ago. When you're around famous people all day long, you really try to act low key. The exception always seemed to be someone you were a fan of when you were younger. Like Jimmy with Ozzie.

One time, I had to spend the day with the guys in Judas Priest. I went so blank that I probably saved myself from looking like an idiot.

Another time I got a kick at watching all the women in my office freak out over David Cassidy and Donnie Osmond.

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
I used to work at a place called the Otesaga Hotel in Cooperstown,NY. It was where all of the baseball Hall of Famers stayed. I worked there for like nine years so I saw alot of them.

It was there were I learned to not to fawn over celebs. When you are able to stand back and watch how they are just trying to eat or read the paper, and they constantly have someone coming up to them asking for something you can see how that would get old.

I am also friends with a couple guys in WWE. I was able to eat after a show with them and it was weird. All the fans knew where they went and even though the place would put all the guys in a seperate section you still had people standing there,just staring as youre trying to eat. It was worse for them then it was for the HOFers.

Anyways being able to kinda sorta see what its like for them helps me from acting like a moron when I see a celeb.

Thats also when I thought if I was ever to become famous,I would want it to be like O&A. All my fans would know who I am and that would be cool,but I would still able to live my life relatively unknown. I could go to the mall or on vacation and maybe a handful would know who I am, while everyone else wouldnt know me at all. Seems almost perfect.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
this happened to me once...Dave Winfield was coming to my office for a video conference with one of our program officers...and the best part is i run the equipment so i got to meet him....after the conference he was signing autographs and taking pictures...when he was finished he looked across for me, parted everyone out of his way and thanked me personally (and even after 2 hours of being there he remembered my name).......i was so excited i smiled for the rest of the day (anyone who knows me knows i am not much of a smiler)....

i know that was gay but whatever...:)

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I only get starstruck around Ronnie B.

Don't know why, but I've met him 4 or 5 times now and EVERY FUCKING TIME I can't say a word.

Steam

May 18, 2003
I'm a stammering prick around the precocious Lil' Jimmy Norton.

My dad has all sorts of cool stories about boozing with Goose Gossage and Davey Johnson and meeting people like Bobby Orr. I pretty much have nothing except for the time that Tito Santana almost ran me over at the McDonalds in Ledgewood.

shuganuts

Not SHWOOGIE nuts!!
Feb 17, 2005
Where they lose 4 straight Superbowls
Count me in on that. I couldn't believe how stupid I was at his book signing. ASS. On the other hand I saw Vos at Carolines in august and talked to him for 10 minutes after the show like we were old pals..... weird.

tonypop

Feb 2, 2006
The second weekend 30 days of night was out my wife and I went to see it at a theatre in Fayettville Georgia. After the movie was over we each went to the bathroom. When I exited the bathroom and was waiting on my wife I saw Evander Holyfield leaning on a wall and I'm assuming waiting on his date to get out of the bathroom too. When I looked at him I could tell that he knew he had been recognized and made a face that said, Oh goddamn here we go, I've been spotted. I didn't say anything to him though because i got nervous so I just leaned against the same wall he was at about 7 feet away from him and waited on my wife. When we were leaving I was giddy and giggly. I couldn't believe I had seen someone famous. My wife was like, no shit asshole, he lives in Fayetteville, shut your mouth.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
The second weekend 30 days of night was out my wife and I went to see it at a theatre in Fayettville Georgia. After the movie was over we each went to the bathroom. When I exited the bathroom and was waiting on my wife I saw Evander Holyfield leaning on a wall and I'm assuming waiting on his date to get out of the bathroom too. When I looked at him I could tell that he knew he had been recognized and made a face that said, Oh goddamn here we go, I've been spotted. I didn't say anything to him though because i got nervous so I just leaned against the same wall he was at about 7 feet away from him and waited on my wife. When we were leaving I was giddy and giggly. I couldn't believe I had seen someone famous. My wife was like, no shit asshole, he lives in Fayetteville, shut your mouth.
I would have swung on him.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
I was sort of starstruck a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't over someone I actually liked.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the News Corp holiday party because I used to work there and since all employees are allowed to bring a guest, one of my friends who still works there brought me along.
Anyway.. I was standing by the entrance to one of the main ballrooms talking to a friend of mine when all of a sudden fucking Bill O'Reilly walked in. For a second I just stood there totally frozen like "holy shit it's Bill O'Reilly." I was filled with so much hate like I wanted to just lunge at him or something and start cursing him out, but of course I didn't. I just watched as his tall goofy ass strolled by. And he is really tall, btw. He's a lot taller than I thought. For some reason I thought he'd be shorter but he's like at least 6'3" or something.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
When I lived in NH, I once ordered some takeout from one of the three restaurants in town. I got there early to pick it up, so I took a seat at the bar and ordered a beer. Next to me was a black gentleman, who looks out of place anyway in the White Mountains. This man looked WAY out of place, he was wearing rings on every finger and sipping a glass of red wine. We were watching a Red Sox game, and had a lengthy conversation about the Sox' season. Eventually, some other guys at the bar started asking this guy questions about boxing. At some point another bar patron asked him if he kept in touch with Tommy. That was when I realized they were referring to Tommy Hearns, and I was sitting next to Marvelous Marvin Hagler drinking a beer and talking about the Sox. I had known that he had a condo nearby and frequented the local bars, but I had never seen him. Stupid me played it all cool, and when my food came I wished him a good evening and said goodbye. I regret not getting his autograph, but looking back it was probably refreshing for him to sit and have a normal conversation with a stranger who didn't know who he was.