State lawmaker sponsors bill to deter 'flash robs'

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
by CHRIS DANIELS / KING 5 News
Bio | Email | Follow: @ChrisDaniels5
Posted on January 31, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Updated yesterday at 11:12 PM

SEATTLE – You’ve heard of Flash Mobs. One state lawmaker wants to deter ‘Flash Robs’.

KING5’s Chris Daniels introduces us the problem which has targeted retailers in other states, and the bill now before lawmakers.
Sorry, no print version of the story:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/State-lawmaker-sponsors-bill-to-deter-flash-robs-189330991.html

BIV

They should make the penalty for being involved in a "flash rob" the large fine plus having to wear geeky white people clothes for a year. I mean full blown Urkel shit. That might actually deter them.

They should make the penalty for being involved in a "flash rob" the large fine plus having to wear geeky white people clothes for a year. I mean full blown Urkel shit. That might actually deter them.
I think that would backfire. There'd be so many people dressing that way that it would become the new thug style and even people who didn't have to dress that way would start just to make people think they were tough. "Tho" would be replaced at the end of Twitter posts with, "Did IIIIIII do thaaaaat?"

BIV

I think that would backfire. There'd be so many people dressing that way that it would become the new thug style and even people who didn't have to dress that way would start just to make people think they were tough. "Tho" would be replaced at the end of Twitter posts with, "Did IIIIIII do thaaaaat?"
Whoa...how do we work this angle to get them to go to school and work...

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
The easiest solution is to simply allow people to shoot the bastards. A stand your ground law would help.

BIV

The easiest solution is to simply allow people to shoot the bastards. A stand your ground law would help.
For a flash rob? Your going to need more than a ten round mag.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Just make it something like RICO. Triple mandatory minimum sentencing or make it a class whatever felony.

NuttyJim

No law is going to stop a ****** from being a ******.

mascan42

I'm confused. Why do we need a new law for this? Isn't it already illegal to walk into a store, grab shit and walk out without paying? What new groundbreaking thing would this law introduce?

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
If you walk into the gas station and you are a dumb motherfucker trying to steal some booze and potato chips...
That is probably just misdemeanor theft, the crime being "Acting like a dumb motherfucker."

But a law against a flash rob would mean if you do it with 50 guys...
Whoever gets busted is getting the Big Dick Of Justice right up the colon.
Charged as an adult, felony, increased fines, mandatory this and that, considerable jail time on the line, etc.

Right now a flash rob is 50 misdemeanor "Who gives a Fuck?" crimes turning in a business-destroying felony but
the law still treats a busted person as if they committed a minor crime.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
I'm confused. Why do we need a new law for this? Isn't it already illegal to walk into a store, grab shit and walk out without paying? What new groundbreaking thing would this law introduce?
A punishment that isn't a joke.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Easy - label them as a terrorist group, and prosecute.
It worked on Law & Order...

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Staple a job application to anything of value. Those things are like kryptonite to the gibsmuhdats.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Inciting a riot? Current law that could be used.
Only against the person who came up with the idea. Which is impossible to figure out, just by catching a few of the participants. They'll just say that it wasn't them.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Well, committing a crime with a gun is a crime, but all the reactionary douches out there want new laws...