Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Through July 22nd.

So. Many. Deals.

Poison The Well

Somebody poisoned the water-hole!
Jan 7, 2008
Texas
I bought Portal 2 for $4.99. Pretty nice deal.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
When you order the games, are they placed in a shopping cart or somewhere where you can download them whenever, or do you have to download them immediately? I ask because at home I have a bandwidth cap, so if I bought something I'd want to wait until I could go to a friend's to download everything.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
When you order the games, are they placed in a shopping cart or somewhere where you can download them whenever, or do you have to download them immediately? I ask because at home I have a bandwidth cap, so if I bought something I'd want to wait until I could go to a friend's to download everything.
Even if the download starts, you just stop it, and resume later. Since everything in Steam is bound to your account - and you can only be logged in from one location at a time - you can redownload your games as many times as you want.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Even if the download starts, you just stop it, and resume later. Since everything in Steam is bound to your account - and you can only be logged in from one location at a time - you can redownload your games as many times as you want.
Good to know. I was going to grab some games, but I think I need a new computer first. I just tried to play AOE3 for the hell of it, and it was lagging a bit on my laptop (which use to play it fine).

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I asked for a handout on Reddit because I've only got cash. Someone from there bought me Legend of Grimrock yesterday and refused my offer to send them cash because they "live in Australia and it would cost more than the game cost to send him the money."

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I downloaded Rage for $9. Hope it's good.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I got the Behesda package. Anyone know how to use a usb controller with Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas?

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I downloaded Rage for $9. Hope it's good.
I got the Behesda package. Anyone know how to use a usb controller with Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas?
I got the id package and the Bethesda package. WOW, I cant tell you, I had a hang up in the download so it didnt even get to the main credits. ianbobo, havent tried yet but after playing Skyrim and Fallout with a keyboard and mouse its much more enjoyable than using a controller. Thats just me though.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Havent gamed in years but got a free game with a computer part purchase that you had to download from steam to get it. I guess I came at the right time as it looks like almost everything is on sale there and at some really good prices. Is that because of the summer sale or is this somewhat typical. Had an itch to play the old school UT99 and it was only $5 on sale. I hear people bitch a lot about steam but I have to admit it was a pretty slick way to buy game, download and play.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I asked for a handout on Reddit because I've only got cash. Someone from there bought me Legend of Grimrock yesterday and refused my offer to send them cash because they "live in Australia and it would cost more than the game cost to send him the money."
Probably a stolen card.

And if you don't want to use credit cards for this kind of stuff, get one of those prepaid cards. American Express has one with no monthly fee.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I don't see what the big deal is using a regular credit card. You're more protected using a regular card.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I got the id package and the Bethesda package. WOW, I cant tell you, I had a hang up in the download so it didnt even get to the main credits. ianbobo, havent tried yet but after playing Skyrim and Fallout with a keyboard and mouse its much more enjoyable than using a controller. Thats just me though.

I'm going to try again with the keyboard/mouse. I'm playing on a laptop and thought a controller would be easier. Apparently you need a wired 360 controller or a wireless adapter. I'll just try to get used to it.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I'm going to try again with the keyboard/mouse. I'm playing on a laptop and thought a controller would be easier. Apparently you need a wired 360 controller or a wireless adapter. I'll just try to get used to it.

Do you have a gaming laptop?

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
Do you have a gaming laptop?
I have an HP Pavilion G7. It plays WOW and SWTOR just fine. It plays F:NV and Skyrim fine but I was looking to put the laptop on my coffee table or next to me in bed and be able to play.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Just get a Wireless Mouse and Keyboard.

I use my mouse on couch cushions and the arm of my easy chair. works fine.

If you are going to play near a TV, look into hooking it up to it.

HDMI on the laptop and TV makes a real convenient quick connect.

Dec 12, 2007
I'm such a retard. I miss the whole sale and then come in the last day to buy Jade Empire for 3.70$ after the sales over.