Stellaris Console Edition

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
This unlocks at 9 p.m. tonight.

Getting really positive feedback about the controls, even from PC players. Sounds like it was extremely well thought out.

I'm having real trouble finding a review from someone who never played the PC version. All those reviews do is compare it to what the PC version has instead of treating it as a stand-alone product.

Not that anything they said would effect my desire to own it, but I'd like to get a feel for possible stumbling blocks.

BIV

Um...this is good. This is really, really good.

I dove in last night and four hours just disappeared.

Controls are surprisingly intuitive. They have mapped most actions to the D-pad.

Right - All your stuff (ships, worlds, etc)

Left - All your actions (logs, research, ship design, hiring)

Up - All your resources.

Down - Your notifications.

Moving around the galaxy map is remarkably easy. Use the triggers (I said TRIGGERS) to zoom in and out, click the right stick to switch between galaxy and system view, Click the right stick to instantly view your selected ship, world, incident, etc.

It's a little slow and could use one more, faster speed (currently has three, aside from pause).

Overall, if you are considering this for console, stop considering. Just buy the damn thing.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Played it on PC for years so FWIW I think it’s good stuff. I’ll probably still do one or two more campaigns in the future.

BIV

@Guilty Spark

I fucking love it. I played 13+ hours yesterday.

BIV

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
So are you going to get it?
Yes right after I get through GoW.
While it bugs me that the better, updated version of this game is on PC, I never played it so I’ll revel in my blissful ignorance.

BIV

Yes right after I get through GoW.
While it bugs me that the better, updated version of this game is on PC, I never played it so I’ll revel in my blissful ignorance.
I wouldn't worry, the DLC is all coming and the PC guys all say playing on console is fun as Hell.