Sticky goo disables more than 100 cars in Pa.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
A flood of gooey muck dropped from a tanker truck disabled more than 100 cars and damaged an unknown number of other vehicles along a nearly 40-mile stretch of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, officials said.

A leaking valve on a tanker spilled driveway sealant over the eastbound lanes of a long stretch of the Turnpike between New Castle and the Oakmont Service Plaza on Tuesday night, Turnpike spokesman Bill Capone said.

Turnpike operations officials said 150 or more cars were disabled when the sticky goo covered their tires and wheels. Some state police and turnpike maintenance vehicles had to be towed away after getting stuck in the tar-like substance, according to the turnpike operations center.

Capone told CBS station KDKA-TV that there were no reports of injuries.

Traffic was moving normally by Wednesday morning, but the sticky mess hindered the travel plans of some motorists traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday.

"I have never been so damn scared in with my wife in my life before," Bob King told KDKA-TV. "We had no idea if we were going to get hit with other vehicles." His wife, Anne King, said it felt like the car was on ice.

Maintenance crews got out quickly, dumping sand on the pooled goop and using snow plows to push it on to the shoulder, turnpike spokesman Carl DeFebo said. The mess was mostly confined to the right lane and the roadway didn't have to be shut down while workers tried to clean it up.

But, some drivers thought the hazardous situation should have closed down the road. "This is just unacceptable. They should have just shut the freeway down. I mean, it don't come of easy, nothing. I don't know how I'm going to get to where I'm supposed to go," Kenneth Miller said to KDKA-TV.

Turnpike officials urged motorists whose cars were damaged to call its operations center at (800) 331-3414. DeFebo said a number of callers have already been in touch with turnpike operations, which is still trying to determine how many motorists were affected.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57330270/sticky-goo-disables-more-than-100-cars-in-pa/

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
[Chip] That sounds like a sticky situation... tss tss [/Chip]

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Either they were misquoted, or they picked the to most mushmouthed people to quote.

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
tar-like substance
So now actual tar is called a 'tar-like substance'?
I suppose they could just call it sticky goo.

I really hate everyone that writes news.

user_name

Mar 1, 2011
tss tss where are the feathers or sum'thin tss tss

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Either they were misquoted, or they picked the to most mushmouthed people to quote.
It could go either way when the alleged journalist is capable of letting this slip by: "it don't come of easy"

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Reminds me of the 6000 gallons of transmission fluid that a tanker spilled allover the highway a couple years ago. That cost the tanker company nearly $7M in fines and lawsuits. The tranny fluid caused several accidents, and it ate the paint off of a few dozen vehicles.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Reminds me of the 6000 gallons of transmission fluid that a tanker spilled allover the highway a couple years ago. That cost the tanker company nearly $7M in fines and lawsuits. The tranny fluid caused several accidents, and it ate the paint off of a few dozen vehicles.
Tranny fluid's no big deal. You just
wipe it off your back and move on...

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
good luck getting that shit off. oh and as for the mush moufed idiots.... they were interviewing some fucking cunt on the news today i wanted to reach through the TV and punch her in the cunt.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
good luck getting that shit off. oh and as for the mush moufed idiots.... they were interviewing some fucking cunt on the news today i wanted to reach through the TV and punch her in the cunt.
Was it the dumb cunt that was acting like somebody strangled her puppy because she couldn't go to thanksgiving? She said she was going to have to go back home instead of thanksgiving and was almost in tears over it.....hey stupid, if your car can make it back home it can likely make it to wherever you were going. I hate attention whores bawling on tv over basically nothing. Your car got shit on it, to bad it didn't spill 5000 gallons of gas and you weren't caught in the inferno.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
yep that was the one, i couldn't remember if it was on our local channel or the national news apparently it was on both.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Great. Now those cars are going to do douchechilly walks down the street and a gay ass dance number at a jazz club.