OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Strange Google Error

Discussion in 'Wackbag Tech Support' started by Bobobie, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

Earlier this week I went to the google search page and all it displayed was a single pixel on a white background. It had a title on the margin (1x1) and that was it. I could login thru google.ca and google.uk and access my account, but google.com would just return that single pixel on all of my browsers. I booted up my other machine and google.com was giving it certificate errors. Android was fine. Being paranoid, I updated all my security software and ran Malware Bytes and Avast! scans.
    Everything has been fine, but once in a while I'll get certificate errors, but running a DNS Flush seems to fix it. Anyone see this before?

2. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

Google did shit the bed a couple days ago (yesterday or the day before, not sure). I saw some posts on reddit about the outage. Maybe thats the same thing or at least a related issue?

3. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Try google directions mapping any street in Tunkhannock Pa. to Tyler Hospital. It gives you directions to Reese Florist..that specializes in funeral flowers.

4. ruckstande

ruckstande Posts mostly from the shitter.

CCleaner and wipe everything out usually fixes a lot of google errors. I use a Candadian VPN and even when I it isn't turned on Google still thinks I'm .ca and I can't stop it. CCleaner fixes it right up.

5. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

That single pixel is the only information that Google won't give to the NSA about you.