NETFLIX Stranger Things (1980s Style Fantasy Series) - 10/27

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

Sometimes the truth can be stranger than fiction...

Set in Hawkins Indiana in the 1980’s, Stranger Things chronicles the search for a young boy who vanishes into thin air under highly suspicious circumstances. His mother (Winona Ryder) opens an investigation into the boy's disappearance with local authorities that unravels a series of mysteries involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl. A love letter to the ubiquitous cult classics of the 80’s, Stranger Things is a coming of age story for three boys that draws this quaint community into a world where mysteries lurk beneath the surface.

Starring Winona Ryder, Matthew Modine, David Harbour, Charlie Heaton, Natalia Dyer, and Millie Brown, Finn Wolfhard, Caleb McLaughlin, Gaten Matarazzo, Noah Schnapp, and Cara Buono.

Stranger Things is created, executive produced and directed by The Duffer Brothers (Wayward Pines), and executive producers Shawn Levy (Night at The Museum), and Dan Cohen (Story of Your Life). Shawn Levy also serves as director.

For more information, please visit netflix.com/strangerthings and the #StrangerThings official social pages:

Twitter: @Stranger_Things
Facebook: /StrangerThingsTV
Instagram: @StrangerThingsTV

Chip Spackler

Donator
Jan 5, 2016
Hope it's better than Hemlock Grove

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The key art/poster reminds me of an old Stephen King paperback cover. Something about the font on "Stranger Things"

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
The key art/poster reminds me of an old Stephen King paperback cover. Something about the font on "Stranger Things"
First thing I thought also. When I saw the picture in tapatalk I thought the thread was going to be about one of his books.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis

A love letter to the supernatural classics of the 80's, Stranger Things is the story of a young boy who vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.

Stranger Things stars Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Finn Wolfhard, Millie Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Noah Schnapp, Natalia Dyer, Cara Buono, Charlie Heaton, and Matthew Modine.

Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer (Wayward Pines, Hidden) serve as writer, directors and co-showrunners of the series, and are executive producers along with Shawn Levy and Dan Cohen via their 21 Laps entertainment banner (The Spectacular Now, Night At The Museum, Real Steel, Date Night). Shawn Levy also serves as director. Stranger Things is a Netflix original series.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Without even watching the trailer - In.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
It kinda looks like The Goonies, ET, and Stephen King had a baby. In.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Technically @BIV beat @NeonTaster to this, BUT, Neon provided a nifty poster and a trailer that I didn't watch, because the fucking poster sold me.

So even though it's the second thread, it's the much better thread, so this be the official Stranger Things thread for me.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Technically @BIV beat @NeonTaster to this, BUT, Neon provided a nifty poster and a trailer that I didn't watch, because the fucking poster sold me.

So even though it's the second thread, it's the much better thread, so this be the official Stranger Things thread for me.
OK what the fuck? This time I really did search properly and got nothing.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I couldn't quite place what it was about the poster that sold me - it's the font:

Chip Spackler

Donator
Jan 5, 2016
I couldn't quite place what it was about the poster that sold me - it's the font:

Yea liddy hit it on the nose when he said 'Stephen King paperback'.

Both kings novels and film adaptations from back then had a unique aesthetic.