NETFLIX Stranger Things (1980s Style Fantasy Series) - 10/27

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Eleven is perculating nicely....she's got nubbins.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Finally got around to finishing it yesterday. Was pretty enjoyable, though not as tight as the first season which was to be expected. I liked how the changed the group dynamic around which really helped keep things fresh vs. just re-treading the first season.

The Chicago episode was a really odd decision.

Chip Spackler

Donator
Rewatching the whole series and season 1 is damn near a perfect stand alone story.

Hopefully they don’t go the way of WD where they milk the cash cow for so long it becomes stupid and overshadows it’s former goodness.

Last edited:

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Hopefully they don’t go the way of WD where they milk the cash cow for so long it becomes stupid and overshadows it’s former goodness.
I'm no longer of the opinion that's true. Anyone can enjoy something up to a point and decide to forego or ignore the rest. If something was good for just a season or two, then it can still be enjoyed for what it is.

Bobobie

Rewatching the whole series and season 1 is damn near a perfect stand alone story.

Rather than watch the same stale characters maybe do a Fargo and do a new town, different decade, and a new cast.

Discoman

Donator

Supposedly they want, or have the intention, of 5 seasons but I feel like they'd already wrapped up everything.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Supposedly they want, or have the intention, of 5 seasons but I feel like they'd already wrapped up everything.
I don't know, I can't imagine we've seen everything there is to see in the "upside down". Also, I'm curious to see more of the program that created Eleven.

Floyd1977

I know it would be horribly derivative, but what if the next season was set years later. Maybe say, when the group all came back from their freshman year in college or something like that.

Radioguy

I know it would be horribly derivative, but what if the next season was set years later. Maybe say, when the group all came back from their freshman year in college or something like that.
You had it at the start. This has been straddling the edge of the "homage" knife since the beginning, but that's pure It.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I'm no longer of the opinion that's true. Anyone can enjoy something up to a point and decide to forego or ignore the rest. If something was good for just a season or two, then it can still be enjoyed for what it is.
With very few or no exceptions, all dramatic television shows overstay their welcome, highlighted by repetitive writing and bored performances from the actors. As you said, it’s up to the viewer to know when to bail.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
That Chicago Episode was a setup for Season 3 maybe?

Could see Barb showing up again.

Entire season really could have been condensed into half the episodes.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
I don't know if this has been posted yet, I haven't seen season 2 and I don't want spoilers. And full disclosure I didn't watch this video yet because it parodies season 2 , but I read it was great.

Radioguy

I don't know if this has been posted yet, I haven't seen season 2 and I don't want spoilers. And full disclosure I didn't watch this video yet because it parodies season 2 , but I read it was great.

Cute, but they are trying to get away with Muppet Show type material in SS since MS keeps failing when brought back. It doesn't really belong in SS.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
So I finally watched the show. I think it was ok. I just have the feeling it's gonna go the way of many other shows. Once these shows start getting attention they worry more about pleasing the fans instead of putting out a good show. If that makes sense. Also 1980s Indiana I highly doubt there would be any type of coal burning allowed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk