straw hair vs. the rubber man

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Props to Ken for doing his job. He's freaking security. Of course he's going to use some force. If he didn't know Bobo personally and Ken is quite preoccupied with GH to pay attention much attention to RNF, how the fuck is he supposed to know about the man's rubber tendrils he calls arms? And yet somehow carries a freaking stringed instrument with him wherever he goes.

As mooch would say, he's a good lad, and I love pope bobo baby, but damn man, use some common sense. Hands off GH son!

Also - anyone see Jenn with peripheral involvement, here calling in with the story, and then all over that bama guy's videos. And to think, Fez got Ron to buy her a fancy meal. Weird too because I didn't mind her appearance Friday, and usually it's really annoying. Today had to set her back at least a year.

Sep 23, 2004
Props to Ken for doing his job. He's freaking security. Of course he's going to use some force. If he didn't know Bobo personally and Ken is quite preoccupied with GH to pay attention much attention to RNF, how the fuck is he supposed to know about the man's rubber tendrils he calls arms? And yet somehow carries a freaking stringed instrument with him wherever he goes.

As mooch would say, he's a good lad, and I love pope bobo baby, but damn man, use some common sense. Hands off GH son!

Also - anyone see Jenn with peripheral involvement, here calling in with the story, and then all over that bama guy's videos. And to think, Fez got Ron to buy her a fancy meal. Weird too because I didn't mind her appearance Friday, and usually it's really annoying. Today had to set her back at least a year.
Lunchbox420 posted an interesting thread, and I want to reiterate, some of these show friends are annoying as fuck. Bobo carrying around his instrument at a taping? Making noise and shit? These fuckers think they are staff or some shit.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Lunchbox420 posted an interesting thread, and I want to reiterate, some of these show friends are annoying as fuck. Bobo carrying around his instrument at a taping? Making noise and shit? These fuckers think they are staff or some shit.
I am curious as to the talking he was doing during the taping, HTG mentioned this. Seems very unruly and uncouth in any situation.

I really didn't think Kenny did anything wrong. Bobo's talking during the show, to opie or anyone else, was inappropriate, particularly since they had told us any noise at all, even having your phone on vibrate, would be picked up by the mics.

I understand Bobo is extra sensitive to touch, but there was no way for Kenny to know or expect that.

During the taping, a "conversation" or "statement" wouldn't have been appropriate. Grabbing (and i mean grabbing in the sense of grabbing someones wrist-- not assualting) his arm was the quietest fastest way to get bobo's attention.

FYI, it was loud and disruptive enough for me to turn around and mouth WTF to the people he was sitting with.

I'm not bashing bobo. He seems like a really good guy who just wasn't using his head that day.

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
I understand Bobo is extra sensitive to touch, but there was no way for Kenny to know or expect that.

During the taping, a "conversation" or "statement" wouldn't have been appropriate. Grabbing (and i mean grabbing in the sense of grabbing someones wrist-- not assualting) his arm was the quietest fastest way to get bobo's attention.

FYI, it was loud and disruptive enough for me to turn around and mouth WTF to the people he was sitting with.
IF the disruption of Kenny grabbing Bobo was enough to make you turn around, then Kenny went about it all wrong. From the sounds of things, Bobo wispered to Op, now since Op has not been on R&F to say one way or another. Kenny could have just as easily tapped Bobo on the shoulder or arm and silently motioned for him to leave Op alone. Even when working security, Kenny has to know when and how to properly deal with a situation. Each circumstance is difference, and from having seen pics of Bobo, I seriously doubt he is the threat that Kenny might have percieved him to be.

From what I hear on the show, things Kenny says, even in jest, and having seen him at Norton's appearance here in Denver, I suspect that Kenny may not totally understand the proper response to take and maybe likes to use a bit of excessive force.

IF the disruption of Kenny grabbing Bobo was enough to make you turn around, then Kenny went about it all wrong. From the sounds of things, Bobo wispered to Op, now since Op has not been on R&F to say one way or another. Kenny could have just as easily tapped Bobo on the shoulder or arm and silently motioned for him to leave Op alone. Even when working security, Kenny has to know when and how to properly deal with a situation. Each circumstance is difference, and from having seen pics of Bobo, I seriously doubt he is the threat that Kenny might have percieved him to be.

From what I hear on the show, things Kenny says, even in jest, and having seen him at Norton's appearance here in Denver, I suspect that Kenny may not totally understand the proper response to take and maybe likes to use a bit of excessive force.

i suppose it could have happened that way, but the way kenny dealt with it wasn't unreasonable. since bobo had his face leaned down into opie's ear, i do'nt think sign language is the route i would have taken.

I don't think kenny perceived him as a threat. But bobo is a big guy. And as I mentioned, a bit odd looking. And I don't see grabbing someone's arm as excessive force.

I grab people by the arm all the time when i want to get their attention. Is it possible Kenny used too much pressure in grabbing his arm? I suppose so. But its also possible he didn't and that it only huirt because Bobo has a unique sensitivity.

No way for either of us to know that.