OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Suburban intersection beggars.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Creasy Bear, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Anybody seeing these fucks in your towns? They stand at busy intersections and beg for money from the cars stopped at the lights? I just went through an intersection and there were four of them... one covering each cardinal direction.

The one covering my direction had a sign that said something about how he was "hungry". Get the fuck out of here. This is America... nobody is starving. I know for a fact there's a soup kitchen ten blocks that way and a food pantry four blocks over that way. Get out of my face with you're "I'm hungry shit". You're a fucking fatass, and I see the cigarette you're hiding behind your back. How much nutrition is in a 6 dollar pack of smokes?

One day I looked in my rearview mirror and I saw one of those corner creepers pull out a cell phone right after the light turned green. Eat your fucking cell phone if you're so hungry.

They were talking about passing a law out here to get these shittums off the streets, but the bleeding hearts shot it down... of course.

Dirty Tinkers.

2. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

This has been around in Israel for years and I FUCKING HATE IT. Hey fucko - there is an agreement - you sit over there and if I want to give you money, then I come to YOU. Don't try to shame me while I can't get away, you pathetic asshole. In Israel people also hitchhike that way - walk up to you at a light and say "hey, are you going to X?" Why, yes I am. But you're not coming with me, dipshit.

3. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

they tend to be at the exits of shopping centers around here.

I read somewhere that someone keeps a box of those cheese and peanut butter crackers and anytime a beggar approaches they offer it a pack.

4. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

The best ones are those that either bring their dogs with them (lots of protein right there), or claim they are Veterans. Anything to tug the old heartstrings I guess.

5. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

NYC is packed with both of those types. I always feel like feeding the dog and letting the guy go fuck himself.

6. mills

mills I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness

7. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I've seen the homeless shelters force the residents to go out and beg for donations at intersections. I hate the organized begging even worse.

8. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

There is always that moment where you have to decide wether to make eye contact and tell him no his face or deliberately not make eye contact and ignore him all together.

What's the meaner option?

9. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

Some of them lug an Igloo cooler out there and sell cold bottled water to passing motorists. Lots of these guys on the Roosevelt Boulevard in certain parts of Philly. I wonder what they will be selling when it's cold out.

10. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

About 20 years ago (I was still in high school) one of these bums with a cup of pencils claimed he was a Vietnam veteran - he had to be under 40. I asked him about Saigon, but he didn't know who she was.

11. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

eh i usually drive with a pistol in my lap

12. ShooterMcGavin

ShooterMcGavin Go back to your shanties.

I live in a recession proof city near many nice neighborhoods and I see this shit all the time. Nicer cars = more money. I guess that's their logic. The most anyone will give you is a dollar, pal. No matter where you're sittin. And news flash: rich pretentious fucks in a red state are probably less likely to give you anything.

13. blazin

blazin Registered User

14. soiledshorts79

soiledshorts79 Registered Tumor .

We get those zilches here every now and then, but what's more common are those fucks that pan handle for charities or organizations. It's usually a group of N's toting buckets from car to car begging at red lights. Every once in a while they'll still be in the road when the light turns green and I have to bite my cheek to keep from ramming them. It would feel so good to blow through them, look in the rear view and see nickels glinting in the sunlight as their pity bucket tumbles to the ground. I fucking haaaate these people. Sometimes as I drive away they'll yell "god bless you" or some shit. Eat some afterbirth you fucking beggar. I can't believe that shit's legal.

15. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

Some career hobos asked me to watch their trash bag full of shit at a weed park today. They left and I walked away after maybe 3 mintues. Fuck 'em. They think strangers owe them shit. Grow up ya shits

16. Poison The Well

Poison The Well Somebody poisoned the water-hole!

We have them more towards Houston than where I live (20 minutes North of the city limits). I've actually seen some around here but I've spoken to some of the local Sheriff's Deputies who told me they actually put them in the back of the patrol car, drive them to Houston city limits and then give them the boot.

I had one actually come and knock on my window one time. I didn't even turn my head but I was fucking pissed. The only people who I will give money to on the side of the road are the local FDs who walk around with the boots. I'll even throw them a ten or twenty if I'm sitting pretty at the moment.

17. the Streif

the Streif ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
    Donator

San Diego has to be the fucking worst city for this shit. There is no better place to be homeless than San Diego I bet. Perfect weather year round for the most part and a bunch of rich bleeding hearts that live there.

18. afternoonquil

afternoonquil Apology Ostrich

Sometimes when I'm hanging out with the Crips in Rosedale I see a guy scrubbing for change on Sunrise Hwy.

I'm thinking about hiring him so I can practice the people's elbow on him in my backyard.

19. ShooterMcGavin

ShooterMcGavin Go back to your shanties.

[video=youtube;C_hmXbLCEkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_hmXbLCEkE&t=51s[/video]

20. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

President Frankenstein awards you 5000 points for hitting them.

21. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

There's your food stamp money hard at work.

22. Jef Leppard

Jef Leppard 4/5 ths

23. ianbobo

ianbobo Well-Known Member
    It's My Birthday!

We call them tollbooths. They're all over Mattapan and Dorchester. Melina Cass
    Blvd. has a bunch of them.

24. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

That... and a large dog in the back seat... for some reason people like that have issues with a GSD protection barking and throat spitting on the window.

That reminds me I have to clean the nose prints and dog spittle off the back windows in the truck...

25. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

I think I'd rather be down a buck than have that mess in the back.