Subway worker stuck in chest high mud 75 feet below ground. Eat Fresh.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
NY subway worked rescued after hours stuck in mud

Associated Press – 1 hr 58 mins ago

• View Photo
    Associated Press/Craig Ruttle - A worker, with black fire helmet at left, is rescued from an MTA subway construction project in New York early Wednesday, March 20, 2013 after being trapped up to his chest in …more
NEW YORK (AP) — A subway construction worker was stuck in mud for hours in an underground tunnel in New York City before being rescued.

Fire officials say the worker was pulled out shortly after 12:30 a.m., about four hours after he became stuck up to his chest in the tunnel 75 feet below ground. Authorities say he was treated for hypothermia and is in serious but stable condition at a hospital.

More than 150 firefighters responded to the site on Manhattan's Upper East Side, where the Second Avenue subway line is under construction. Three firefighters have suffered non-life threatening injuries. A Consolidated Edison vacuum truck helped remove debris.

It happened at around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.

In September, a controlled blast at the subway construction site sent rocks flying into the streets.
http://news.yahoo.com/ny-subway-worked-rescued-hours-stuck-mud-103801165.html

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
This guy LOVES subways. Get it. Yeesh.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
This was at the job north of the one my company is working on (92nd St or so). Basically the dude stepped into a section of soft ground and sunk, and the rescue workers couldn't reach him due to the soft mud.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
More than 150 firefighters responded to the site on Manhattan's Upper East Side, where the Second Avenue subway line is under construction. Three firefighters have suffered non-life threatening injuries.
You know, my kid's a fire fighter and an EMT so I respect what they do
but do they have to roll so much equipment every time? I swear some of
these guys get hurt tripping over each other.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
It was harrowing, I'll tell ya! The website with the story almost didn't open in my browser window.
It's times like these that make you take stock of your life. Maybe hug your family more.