Movie Suicide Squad 2 - Written and Directed by James Gunn

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
God dammit, Warner Bros...

Fred West

Looks like he's done pretty well out of those pedo jokes.

Pigdango

Donator
What the fuck is WB doing?!?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-talks-direct-suicide-squad-sequel-1181436

The pic has the title of The Suicide Squad and is not being labeled a direct sequel but as a relaunch. The 2016 original movie featured the characters Deadshot, Harley Quinn, the Joker, Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc, who are forced into the service of the government in exchange for lighter prison sentences.
Sources say that Gunn’s focus is to take the franchise in a new direction with a mostly all-new cast of characters and actors. Sources also say that the project is also very much rooted in Gunn’s vibe, as seen in the Guardians movies.

Bobobie

Disney was stupid for firing Gunn. I'm not convinced that he can do justice to the big titles like Batman or Superman, but Suicide Squad is perfect for him. An assemble cast of misfits thrown together to form a team. He can use his old GOG 3 scripts with little hash marks and character changes.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Disney was stupid for firing Gunn. I'm not convinced that he can do justice to the big titles like Batman or Superman, but Suicide Squad is perfect for him. An assemble cast of misfits thrown together to form a team. He can use his old GOG 3 scripts with little hash marks and character changes.
"For five minutes, they call Katana 'Gamora.' "

Pigdango

Donator
In Wonder Woman 84, she'll never have been in World War 1. The reason Chris Pine is Steve Trevor is because that is the first time in her life she ever met Steve Trevor.
I think I saw something early on in the development of WW84 that made it seem like that was what they were going to do. Like each movie was going to be a standalone story, with the same people playing the same roles and just a different CGI monster at the end for her to fight.

They wouldn't do that though.

LiddyRules

I think I saw something early on in the development of WW84 that made it seem like that was what they were going to do. Like each movie was going to be a standalone story, with the same people playing the same roles and just a different CGI monster at the end for her to fight.

They wouldn't do that though.
Shazam. Outside of props like a Benarang, will they make any reference to the DCEURIP?

Pigdango

Donator
Shazam. Outside of props like a Benarang, will they make any reference to the DCEURIP?
I think they will. Sandberg has been pretty open about this movie existing in the DCEU.

I think I said a while back that I'd like them to continue the DCEU with what works and jettison what doesn't, which is essentially Batman. Have a separate Batverse and build that out into a dark, gritty, realistic city sized universe where the threats are small, and have the Justice League police the planetary threats. I still wouldn't mind seeing Darkseid brought to a Justice League film, but there's really no need for Batman against a threat like that.

And maybe that's the plan. I suppose they could even set Reeves' Batman in the late 90's or early 2000's and let the audience decide if he becomes Batfleck or not. There are already theories out there that Batfleck is actually Batman from the 80's and 90's all grown up.

LiddyRules

I think they will. Sandberg has been pretty open about this movie existing in the DCEU.

I think I said a while back that I'd like them to continue the DCEU with what works and jettison what doesn't, which is essentially Batman. Have a separate Batverse and build that out into a dark, gritty, realistic city sized universe where the threats are small, and have the Justice League police the planetary threats. I still wouldn't mind seeing Darkseid brought to a Justice League film, but there's really no need for Batman against a threat like that.

And maybe that's the plan. I suppose they could even set Reeves' Batman in the late 90's or early 2000's and let the audience decide if he becomes Batfleck or not. There are already theories out there that Batfleck is actually Batman from the 80's and 90's all grown up.
I agree that the way they ought to go with Batman is make him a universe onto himself. Don't set yourself in any particular time period because I think Batman works really well when it's a kind of no man's time, that mix of styles in B:TAS, 89, Gotham. Since a good portion of Batman is sci-fi-ish and then you combine that with the noir attribute, inventing one's own 'world' not beholden to modern day or past modern day could work better than "hey man, it's 1994. We're the gang from X-Men Apocalypse."

I would also want this closer to B:TAS or The Long Halloween, where the Rogue's Gallery is established and Gotham is teetering on the edge. Like Penguin. If they have Penguin as a crime boss/information broker who owns the Iceberg Lounge, but Batman doesn't try to stop him because he's not his concern at this moment, but we know he's been established as an underworld figure, I think that would be neat. Through this, you could establish the BatFamily. Maybe don't introduce everyone now, but it could be a 'between Robin' Batman. Dick Grayson has moved out, but isn't necessarily Nightwing. Barbara's age appropriate.

That's really the only way I can think of setting him apart from all the other Batmen.

LiddyRules

Do you think Gunn is going to repurpose his Guardians 3 script (as much as possible) to fuck Marvel over for the actual Guardians 3? Because I think this should come out first.

HandPanzer

τι θελεις
Do you think Gunn is going to repurpose his Guardians 3 script (as much as possible) to fuck Marvel over for the actual Guardians 3?
He better be sure SS2 comes out first. If it does, that would be pretty great.

NuttyJim

https://www.darkhorizons.com/james-gunn-nearly-helmed-superman/

Earlier this week came word that former “Guardians of the Galaxy” writer/director James Gunn had been set to direct “The Suicide Squad,” a part-sequel and part-reboot of the 2016 DC Comics film at Warner Bros. Pictures.
Now, THR adds that Warners initially approached Gunn to offer him his pick of DC properties, including the possibility of helming a “Superman” film. Gunn reportedly never seriously considered the Man of Steel, though he reportedly did research the comics at least.
Ultimately he decided to tackle the ‘Squad’ follow-up, one that will relaunch the franchise with mostly a fresh band of misfits, and that film is opening August 6th 2021. In addition, Zack Snyder and his wife/producing partner Deborah Snyder have been confirmed to be serving as executive producers on the new film.
Whether Margot Robbie will reprise her role of Harley Quinn in the film is unclear but the actress is currently back in the role for “Birds of Prey” which is now filming. New set photos showing Robbie can be seen below, including one which sees her having crossed out the ‘Puddin’ part of a ‘Harley + Puddin’ tattoo – indicating she’s split from The Joker as of the time of this film.

Pigdango

Donator
Do you think Gunn is going to repurpose his Guardians 3 script (as much as possible) to fuck Marvel over for the actual Guardians 3? Because I think this should come out first.
“We have to travel into Katana’s sword to rescue Harley Quinn’s soul!”