Movie Suicide Squad 2 - Written and Directed by James Gunn

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Jai Courtney claims he is coming back as Captain Boomerang. He was one of the best parts of the first film, so that’s good news I guess.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jai...rang-in-james-gunn-suicide-squad-movie-2019-3
I fully expect him/them to recant this by the end of the weekend. Which is disappointing because I thought he was really great in it.

This movie is so confusing.
The entire DCEU is going to be confusing. Each movie trying to distance itself from the Snyderverse without really knowing how to. Three different Batverses going on simultaneously. No news outside of the upcoming Batman movies except the Aquaman spinoff about crab people. Whatever this is - part reboot, part not - and why of everything in the DC roster we need Suicide Squad, again.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
No news about Waller. But you need Waller for this.
I have no idea why you need Waller, but you got Waller, my friend!

https://www.thewrap.com/viola-davis-amanda-waller-the-suicide-squad/

Oscar, Tony, and Emmy winner Viola Davis will return as Amanda Waller in James Gunn’s “The Suicide Squad,” an individual with knowledge of the project exclusively told TheWrap.

The sequel to 2016’s “Suicide Squad” will hit theaters on Aug. 6, 2021. Peter Safran and Charles Roven are producing.

“Guardians of the Galaxy” director Gunn was brought on board to helm the project. He also wrote the script and will have a completely new take on the property, in which DC supervillains are recruited by the government to carry out secret missions too dirty for the likes of Superman and Batman.

LiddyRules

I have no idea why you need Waller, but you got Waller, my friend!

https://www.thewrap.com/viola-davis-amanda-waller-the-suicide-squad/

Oscar, Tony, and Emmy winner Viola Davis will return as Amanda Waller in James Gunn’s “The Suicide Squad,” an individual with knowledge of the project exclusively told TheWrap.

The sequel to 2016’s “Suicide Squad” will hit theaters on Aug. 6, 2021. Peter Safran and Charles Roven are producing.

“Guardians of the Galaxy” director Gunn was brought on board to helm the project. He also wrote the script and will have a completely new take on the property, in which DC supervillains are recruited by the government to carry out secret missions too dirty for the likes of Superman and Batman.
It's a complete reboot with half the returning cast!

Pigdango

Donator
It's a complete reboot with half the returning cast!
I saw a theory that James Gunn was promised a full reboot and WB is now forcing him to tie it into the first film because Aquaman and Shazam have been so well received.

I dunno. I think Gunn would just walk if that was the case. I think it's more likely WB was just afraid to call it a direct sequel because the first one has a bad rep, even though it was highly successful. Honestly I don't think a reboot is necessary, just a minor course correction, like hiring a competent director and...you know, having a second act.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Such confused messaging.

BIV

The movie doesn't come out for over 2 years, so...
Oh good, that gives them plenty of time to change their minds about key elements of the film multiple times.

LiddyRules

I saw a theory that James Gunn was promised a full reboot and WB is now forcing him to tie it into the first film because Aquaman and Shazam have been so well received.
I don't think DC ever received better news than that Marvel has Shang Chi coming out.

BIV

I don't think DC ever received better news than that Marvel has Shang Chi coming out.
Who are we kidding? Marvel could release Penis Man and the Fart Dude and it would not only make 600 mil, it would probably be pretty decent.

LiddyRules

Oh DC. For a brief glorious moment, you forgot you were DC.

Variety reports that Elba will still appear in the film, but he won’t be taking on the marksman part as those involved have decided they don’t want the casting to be disrespectful toward Smith. Instead, Deadshot is being replaced by a different character in the same capacity – but it’s unclear which one at this time.

Variety reports that Elba will still appear in the film, but he won’t be taking on the marksman part as those involved have decided they don’t want the casting to be disrespectful toward Smith. Instead, Deadshot is being replaced by a different character in the same capacity – but it’s unclear which one at this time.
Disrespectful towards Smith? DC, have you seen that brother's career over the past couple of years?

Pigdango

Donator

Bronze Tiger?