Superbad - My Early Review

Zillax0rz

Fagor, King of Fags, Ruler of Fagonia
Jun 1, 2006
Caught a test screening of Superbad last night and laughed my ass off. It's the same group of guys behind flicks like Knocked Up and 40 Year Old Virgin. If you enjoyed those two, you'll love Superbad as I thought it was the funniest of the bunch. If you like INCREDIBLY crude and sexual humor, this is it.

Three kids, trying to get laid for prom, and wacky hijinks ensue. Their's no real large, important story but it is constantly fucking funny. Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, Seth Rogan, Bill Hader... just watch it.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
LOVE Michael Cera. Can't wait to see this and pretend it's 'Arrested Development'

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
Apparently Rogan started writing this as a teenager-good article in Rolling Stone a few isues ago about Apatow and he talked about this film-glad to hear its funny--I really like those guys.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Heard it was awesome, can't wait to see it, one of my only anticipated movies of the summer. Thanks for the input about the flick. :action-sm

S

sisko199

Bill Hader website

I'm a huge fan of Bill Hader (who's in Superbad). Check out my site for him.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Wow, surprised to see this many people looking forward to it. I think it looks terrible, and didn't think I'd be in the minority on that.

Oh well.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Wow, surprised to see this many people looking forward to it. I think it looks terrible, and didn't think I'd be in the minority on that.

Oh well.

If you think Superbad looks terrible, what level are movies like Hot Rod and Chuck and Larry at with you?

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
I just saw it, it is REALLY fucking funny. I haven't laughed at a movie that much in years. It is pretty dirty too. It is so nice to see a comedy with balls, I hope alot of people see this so that we can get more dirty comedies out there. I don't want to spoil any if the jokes, but it NEVER stops being funny.

MikeHimself

Thoughts and Prayers
Jun 16, 2004
Philly
i saw the trailer a little while back and thought it looked hilarious. i can't wait to see this movie

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
If you think Superbad looks terrible, what level are movies like Hot Rod and Chuck and Larry at with you?
Pure and utter shit. It drives me nuts having to sit through a Hot Rod commercial every break on XM. I saw a different, more promising, commercial for Superbad today...still though...I don't think it looks like it's worth the admission. Sad thing is, I see movies for free.

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
Superbad is definatley not an American Pie ripoff. American Pie wasn't even that funny, and all of the characters had to show that they had a heart at the end. Superbad is a VERY dirty comedy, that is full of jokes from beginning to end, and they have hardly any of that heartfelt crap in it.

American Pie=shit
Superbad=brilliant fucking comedy