Supercut: 50 heartbreaking movie moments

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
man...fucked up as it is, UP tore me up the most. LOL!

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
man...fucked up as it is, UP tore me up the most. LOL!
I'm not going to watch the thing yet, but Mary and Max makes the opening scene from Up look like Cars. And the opening scene from Up put me in a depression coma since I was going through a break-up and spent the entire movie obsessing over spending decades of my life alone.

ericd

I'm a real fucko
Aug 21, 2009
N.C.
Hey dad... you wanna have a catch?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'm not going to watch the thing yet, but Mary and Max makes the opening scene from Up look like Cars. And the opening scene from Up put me in a depression coma since I was going through a break-up and spent the entire movie obsessing over spending decades of my life alone.
Now imagine how depressing the opening of Up is when you're towards the end of an 8 year journey of failing to have children, and you realize you're watching your life play out before you, only there won't be balloons and a chubby cub scout for you to diddle. Just complete sadness when the only person you care about dies.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Now imagine how depressing the opening of Up is when you're towards the end of an 8 year journey of failing to have children, and you realize you're watching your life play out before you, only there won't be balloons and a chubby cub scout for you to diddle. Just complete sadness when the only person you care about dies.
My story is better because it has me in it.

But yeah. All I knew about the movie going in was that it was a curmudgeonly guy and a fat boy scout going on some adventure on a flying house. I had no idea why he was a dick, I just assumed he was. The second the chick he met at the movie theater sneaks into his bedroom at night, everything hits me. "They're going to fall in love, they're going to get married, she's going to die, and that's why he's an asshole." I was in shock even before the baby thing. And throughout the entire movie all I could think about was being alone forever, wasting my life, not doing all those things I want to do, and not seeing the point of doing those things because the only person you care about is dead and there you are alone and miserable for decades. And that's kind of what made Up different. It wasn't about living your dreams , it was about why even bother?

I probably missed ~25-30 minutes of the movie being lost in some abstract fog of chills and fear. And every time I tried to get back into the movie, they'd show that picture of his goddamned wife and it would send me right back into my depression coma. I believe at one point I even thought to myself "I don't try to be a bad person..."

Aside from that, here's what else I remember about a movie. There's a talking dog and a blimp.

And Mary and Max is even more depressing (and in my opinion better overall) than that. Another heartbreaking scene- in Requiem for a Dream when Ellen Brysten's friends start to sob outside the hospital. Every time I watch that movie, it's that moment that just makes everything click.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Did I miss it in the montage or was there no Terms of Endearment?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Did I miss it in the montage or was there no Terms of Endearment?
I have never seen Terms of Endearment.

Also, I rank the Baby Mine scene from Dumbo sadder than the Bambi's mom dying scene.
I also remember The Fox and the Hound being depressing, but I can't remember why.

There was also this child's book from when I was younger called "I Love You Forever" or "I'll Love You Forever" that was pretty fucking sad. Again, I can't remember why. I don't know how popular/known it is, but I brought it up to someone once and they also remember it being emotionally devastating.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
God damn you, Liddy

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I already told you that Baby Mine beats Bambi's mom dying.