TV Supergirl - season 4 adds Xander Berkeley - October 14, 2018

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
First episode spoilers all over the place.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Supergirl appears to be a coal burner.
Having just learned of her fiance, I'd also like to make an "all the Jenner girls are coal burners" joke, but I feel like that time has come and gone. Am a little disappoint that I didn't find that out sooner.

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
Didn't they cancel that WONDER WOMAN show because it was basically 'Ally McBeal with super powers'?

This thing looks exactly the same, Complete with Calista Flockhart cameo.

And the negro who can't act is the negro who couldn't act from season two of TRUE BLOOD.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
So... tweeners are gonna eat this shit up. The rest of the world will give a collective "meh".

And holy balls, Calista needs to give it a rest already with the surgery, and maybe fucking eat something already. Good lord, she looks like she should be hanging in a biology classroom.

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
And holy balls, Calista needs to give it a rest already with the surgery, and maybe fucking eat something already. Good lord, she looks like she should be hanging in a biology classroom.
No-one's seen her in 15 fucking years.

I guess once you start juggling Harrison Ford's balls you don't need to work anymore.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
So... tweeners are gonna eat this shit up. The rest of the world will give a collective "meh".

This show is too old for tweeners. Every one seems slightly too old for this show. Calista Flockhart seems too old for Cat Grant. Chyler Leigh seems closer to the age of Supergirl's adoptive mother, not her foster sister. (She's actually in this weird middle ground actually deadset in between a good age for sister and a good age for mom, but because Hollywood, I think mom would fit more. Remember her in Not Another Teen Movie? Now I'm old. And the only person who seems to thinks time passing is a good thing is Kevin Smith. I don't want to see Brdoie dealing with arthritis.)

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Fuck you and die with the "It's not an S" bullshit. It's a goddamn fucking S you fucking cunt. Your gay costume designer said so. Does that mean this show is tied into the DCCU?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
REL "Go back to getting someone's coffee!" Fuck you @LiddyRules I'm watching the shit out of this show.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
"IT'S NOT A MAN" Ok I'm done. HA HA HA HA HA HA

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Fuck you and die with the "It's not an S" bullshit. It's a goddamn fucking S you fucking cunt. Your gay costume designer said so. Does that mean this show is tied into the DCCU?
It hasn't just been an "S" since the first Superman Movie.

"Initially, the S-shield had one meaning: S for Superman. One of the first alternative meanings was presented in Superman: The Movie, in which it was not an S, but rather the S-shaped Coat of arms of the House of El. After the Superman reboot story The Man of Steel, the symbol's story was that it was designed by Jonathan Kent and was derived from an ancient Native American symbol. The symbol was featured on a medicine blanket given to an ancestor of the Kent family by a Native American tribe after he helped to cure them of a plague and was supposed to represent a snake, an animal held to possess healing powers by the tribe (implying that, by wearing this symbol, Superman was a metaphorical healer). In 2004, Mark Waid's Superman: Birthright series says the S-Shield is the Kryptonian symbol for "hope" and Superman believes it may have begun as a coat of arms for the House of El. Later, writer Geoff Johns confirmed it was indeed a coat of arms, as well as a symbol for hope. In the 2013 film Man of Steel, when asked by Lois Lane what the "S" stands for, Superman states that it is not an "S", but rather the Kryptonian symbol for "hope"."

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
It's a fucking S, BIV.
No, seriously it's totally not. This is also not an A:

Not an R

Definitely NOT two W's:

It's the Murdock Coat of Arms, not two D's:

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
No, seriously it's totally not. This is also not an A:

Not an R

Definitely NOT two W's:

It's the Murdock Coat of Arms, not two D's:
It's been the symbol for the House of El my entire life. I was high school before I knew it used to be just an "S". I was like "what a coincidence, his symbol just happens to be an "S" huh?"

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
A) Why would the House of El have an S when S isn't even in their name?
B) Why would he include the S on his costume before being named Superman? Was he hoping? He could have been named Captain Soaring and it would have stuck.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
It's been the symbol for the House of El my entire life. I was high school before I knew it used to be just an "S". I was like "what a coincidence, his symbol just happens to be an "S" huh?"
You were one dumb fucking kid.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
You were one dumb fucking kid.
Marlon Brando told me it was the symbol of his house, damn it. How would I know different if I'd never read the comics?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
So when you learned it wasn't an S in high school, was it from your Kryptonian coat of arms book, or did you hear the answer from some comic book writers who went "we've gotta explain the S, or we look S for stupid."?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Marlon Brando told me it was the symbol of his house, damn it.
No he didn't. You just retroactively applied a wikipedia explanation of something that was never explained in the movie and tried to pass off some bullshit lie that lil Biv didn't know the S stood for Superman.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
So when you learned it wasn't an S in high school, was it from your Kryptonian coat of arms book, or did you hear the answer from some comic book writers who went "we've gotta explain the S, or we look S for stupid."?
I have no idea why they're so embarrassed about the S. It's no less silly than any other symbol.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
No he didn't. You just retroactively applied a wikipedia explanation of something that was never explained in the movie and tried to pass off some bullshit lie that lil Biv didn't know the S stood for Superman.
Yes, where would I get that idea: