'Superhero' Quits After Thugs Beat Him Up

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

A real-life superhero says he's hanging up his mask after getting beat up on the streets of Manchester, England, the Telegraph reports. Roger Hayhurst, 20, who called himself Knight Warrior, had promised "to get crime off the streets" while donning a $300 costume of black-and-blue lycra. He even patrolled with his 18-year-old fiancee Rebecca Wall, who went by Knight Maiden.

But "we were recognized when we were walking thorough Clifton and some lads started punching me," Hayhurst tells the Manchester Evening News.

"My face was all swollen. After that I still dress up and occasionally patrol, but I mainly dress up for charity appearances."

Wall has hung up her cape too. For the past few weeks they've been hosting a comedy sketch radio show, and he hopes to model Clark Kent by becoming a full-time journalist. At least his mother won't have to worry anymore—though 61-year-old Jennifer Hayhurst says the police did "keep an eye on him."
Link

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

People are odd.

That being said, I'd stick it in Knight Maiden's dumper.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
A little thin for my tastes... wouldn't turn it down though...

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Both should be sterilized. The world doesn't need any more water heads.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
HBO did a documentary on these guys who dress up like that.... One gay guy even dressed up in over the top queer clothes and tried to get people to fag bash him so they had a crime to stop.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
didn't anybody learn anything from Kick Ass?

you gotta be armed.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Better not hit anyone with it or you will get charged....

From this article:

Farm tenant arrested after burglars shot was 'plagued by break-ins'

- Yesterday the businessman and his wife were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. Four men, understood to be the suspected burglars, were also arrested.

-
The case will reignite the debate over a householder’s right to defend his property, which began in the late 1990s after the farmer Tony Martin shot two burglars at his remote Norfolk home. In 1999, Martin fired at Brendan Fearon, 29, and Fred Barras, 16, after they broke into the house in Emneth Hungate.

Three shots were fired, Barras was hit in the back and despite escaping through a window died moments later. Martin was convicted of murder and jailed for life, which was reduced on appeal to manslaughter and five years’ jail.

- In 2009, the millionaire businessman Munir Hussain fought back with a metal pole and a cricket bat against a knife-wielding burglar who tied up his family at their home in Buckinghamshire. Hussain was jailed for two and a half years, despite his attacker being spared prison.

- Last year, Peter Flanagan, 59, who fatally stabbed a burglar armed with a machete at his home in Salford, Great Manchester, escaped prosecution after the Crown Prosecution Service ruled that he was acting in self defence.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Better not hit anyone with it or you will get charged....

From this article:
Farm tenant arrested after burglars shot was 'plagued by break-ins'

- Yesterday the businessman and his wife were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. Four men, understood to be the suspected burglars, were also arrested.

- The case will reignite the debate over a householder’s right to defend his property, which began in the late 1990s after the farmer Tony Martin shot two burglars at his remote Norfolk home. In 1999, Martin fired at Brendan Fearon, 29, and Fred Barras, 16, after they broke into the house in Emneth Hungate.

Three shots were fired, Barras was hit in the back and despite escaping through a window died moments later. Martin was convicted of murder and jailed for life, which was reduced on appeal to manslaughter and five years’ jail.

- In 2009, the millionaire businessman Munir Hussain fought back with a metal pole and a cricket bat against a knife-wielding burglar who tied up his family at their home in Buckinghamshire. Hussain was jailed for two and a half years, despite his attacker being spared prison.

- Last year, Peter Flanagan, 59, who fatally stabbed a burglar armed with a machete at his home in Salford, Great Manchester, escaped prosecution after the Crown Prosecution Service ruled that he was acting in self defence.
Once they make you a sissy, it's hard to restore your once fine reputation. :action-sm

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Rule of thumb: You're not a superhero if you have to hand over your lunch money.