Supreme Court Justice Breyer robbed by a savage with a machete in the Caribbean

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Supreme Court justice, wife robbed in Caribbean

WASHINGTON | Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:44pm EST

(Reuters) - Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer and his wife Joanna were robbed last week at their vacation home on the Caribbean island of Nevis by a man armed with a machete, a court spokeswoman said on Monday.

Spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said the robbery took place on the evening of February 9, the intruder stole about $1,000, but no one had been hurt. Two unidentified guests also were present.

The robbery was reported to local authorities but Arberg said she did not know if there had been any arrests and added that she had no details about the investigation. She said the 73-year-old Breyer and his wife were no longer in Nevis.

The U.S. high court has been on a four-week break in the middle of its current term during which it is scheduled to hear landmark cases involving healthcare and immigration.

A spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service said the agency does not discuss the particulars of its judicial security operations, including those involving Supreme Court justices.

"What I can confirm is that the Marshals Service is aware of the incident involving Justice Breyer on the Caribbean island of Nevis and is assisting the Supreme Court Police and local law enforcement authorities with the investigation as needed," spokesman Jeff Carter said.

Nevis is part of a federation with the nearby island of Saint Kitts.

It was not the first time that a crime has been committed against a member of the U.S. Supreme Court.

In 2004, then-Supreme Court Justice David Souter suffered minor injuries when he was mugged by a group of young men as he jogged alone near his residence in Washington.

In 1996, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was the victim of a purse snatching as she walked home with her husband and daughter from the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts to their nearby residence in their Watergate apartment complex. No one was hurt.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012...3U20120213?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Maybe he'll rethink his position on the 2nd Amendment and self defense.

Doubtful with libtard cunts...

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
slightly off topic but not too much, McCartney wrote Band On The Run partially based on him and Linda getting robbed at knifepoint by some savages while in Jamacia I believe

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
Why dont supreme court justices get secret service protection? Any one of them being gone could drastically affect the political makeup of the country.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Why dont supreme court justices get secret service protection? Any one of them being gone could drastically affect the political makeup of the country.
Pretty sure the Secret Service is only involved with the Executive Branch. For example, they don't protect congressmen either. The Supreme Court would have to create its own agency to protect justices.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Pretty sure the Secret Service is only involved with the Executive Branch. For example, they don't protect congressmen either. The Supreme Court would have to create its own agency to protect justices.
I'm pretty sure the US Marshall's service handles judges, particularly (only?) federal judges.

SCOTUS judges don't get 24/7 protection like Presidents do. Well, really, nobody gets 24/7 protection like Presidents/former Presidents/Vice Presidents/families do. The Speaker Of The House doesn't have full time protection, as far as I'm aware.

The US Marshall's service would have to reorganize and have a full-time protective detail for SCOTUS members for what you're looking for, and I don't think that's in the cards.

If there's a specific threat to particular judges, the Marshalls will put on a detail, but they're not full time nannies. Except for WITSEC people, I guess.

jrsaint

Feb 13, 2006
right behind you
Paul Mccartney had the basic tracks down on a cassette for band on the run robbed from him when the band was in lagos nigeria. the went to lagos to record the album and had to start from scratch ( memory) of what he wanted to do

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Paul Mccartney had the basic tracks down on a cassette for band on the run robbed from him when the band was in lagos nigeria. the went to lagos to record the album and had to start from scratch ( memory) of what he wanted to do
I heard they found the tapes later when the studio engineer was found to have locked himself in a tube station.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Never vacation in a place where savages still carry machetes.
They'll never learn. 'The Scenery is so pretty!' until some savage has a rusted up knife at your throat. Never vacation in a part of the world that's undeveloped. Tossing a resort onto the edge of it doesn't make it a developed nation.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I'm pretty sure the US Marshall's service handles judges, particularly (only?) federal judges.

SCOTUS judges don't get 24/7 protection like Presidents do. Well, really, nobody gets 24/7 protection like Presidents/former Presidents/Vice Presidents/families do. The Speaker Of The House doesn't have full time protection, as far as I'm aware.

The US Marshall's service would have to reorganize and have a full-time protective detail for SCOTUS members for what you're looking for, and I don't think that's in the cards.

If there's a specific threat to particular judges, the Marshalls will put on a detail, but they're not full time nannies. Except for WITSEC people, I guess.
I just think the 9 judges have such a powerful sway on our political makeup and are unique b/c of their lifetime appts. that it would be in the interests of left and right to protect them. The timing of a SC justice retiring is a very politically calculated move and we shouldn't allow some nut case that supports an ideology from rushing a judge into retirement.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
They'll never learn. 'The Scenery is so pretty!' until some savage has a rusted up knife at your throat. Never vacation in a part of the world that's undeveloped. Tossing a resort onto the edge of it doesn't make it a developed nation.
Jamaica is a beautiful country if you stay near the resorts.

Going outside those areas is like leaving the wire in hostile territory during war.