Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg death watch

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I guess my question then is why would it really matter. I get technically Trump and republican senate can tell the Dems to go fuck themselves on oppositions to confirm a new justice during an election year, but I thought the concept was more that "in spirit" it shouldn't be done in an election year.
I just have to ask this - you are aware there is no actual rule, right? McConnell was a dick to Obama and Garland because he could be, not because he was required to be.

There is no technically about it - McConnell and Trump can put a Justice through if they so choose all the way up to January 2020. Yes, some senate republicans may gripe, and if four choose to do so then the whole thing falls apart. But again - there is choice. The Biden rule is not a rule.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
God damnit! Don't post updates to this unless she actually IS dead or dying.

Seriously. Quit giving me false hope.

(Yes, I know this comment makes me guilty of the same thing.)
Yeah, don't do that!

TheLoon

Yeah it's basically a gentleman's agreement...what is Trump not?

Floyd1977

I just have to ask this - you are aware there is no actual rule, right? McConnell was a dick to Obama and Garland because he could be, not because he was required to be.

There is no technically about it - McConnell and Trump can put a Justice through if they so choose all the way up to January 2020. Yes, some senate republicans may gripe, and if four choose to do so then the whole thing falls apart. But again - there is choice. The Biden rule is not a rule.
Yes, I know it’s not an actual rule. That’s why I said “In spirit”

However, wasn’t it said that GOP would honor the “rule” if things came down to it? (even though they don’t have to)

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Pancreatic?

Damn.

I knew a guy who had that. His name was Marty, and the company he worked for ordered 500 "Marty Strong" rubber bracelets to hand out to his co workers. By the time they got delivered, Marty was dead.

Panc cancer is a motherfucker.

Floyd1977

Pancreatic?

Damn.

I knew a guy who had that. His name was Marty, and the company he worked for ordered 500 "Marty Strong" rubber bracelets, and, when they got delivered, Marty was dead.

She’s survived it. If the news is to be believed, she responded well. She probably won’t kick until after this year if she does at all. Possible she won’t make it through a trump 2nd term, so he better damn well win.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

She seems fine here, less than a month ago.

mascan42

She’s survived it. If the news is to be believed, she responded well. She probably won’t kick until after this year if she does at all. Possible she won’t make it through a trump 2nd term, so he better damn well win.
If he doesn't, she'll announce her retirement on January 21, cancer or no.

ysr50

Donator
I've lost a few family members and friends to cancer, some were way too young and some were at the end of a normal human lifespan. Cancer is natures way of regulating our population on the planet. A doctor told me that something like 90% of elderly patients die from some form of cancer regardless of their lifestyle. She's on borrowed time.

Floyd1977

I've lost a few family members and friends to cancer, some were way too young and some were at the end of a normal human lifespan. Cancer is natures way of regulating our population on the planet. A doctor told me that something like 90% of elderly patients die from some form of cancer regardless of their lifestyle. She's on borrowed time.
On a long enough lifespan, your chances of dying of cancer is 100%

ysr50

Donator
You said 90%, so fuck off!
90% of their elderly patients you fucking dope. People do die from other issues when they're old, cancer in its many forms, normally takes the majority. I had a friend that was in his seventies when I met him and his dad was still alive and riding the fence on some ranch in Montana at 101. His dad finally died, but it was because his heart decided it had done enough, no cancer. Saying anything is 100% is dumb.

DiggerNick

Donator
Pancreatic?

Damn.

I knew a guy who had that. His name was Marty, and the company he worked for ordered 500 "Marty Strong" rubber bracelets to hand out to his co workers. By the time they got delivered, Marty was dead.

I worked with a guy with pancreatic cancer who literally died the Saturday morning after finishing his work week on the Friday. Some days he would tap out and go home early but he showed up for work every day until he croaked.

And his farts were horrific. You've never smelled anything worse than the flatus of a dying man.

Floyd1977

90% of their elderly patients you fucking dope. People do die from other issues when they're old, cancer in its many forms, normally takes the majority. I had a friend that was in his seventies when I met him and his dad was still alive and riding the fence on some ranch in Montana at 101. His dad finally died, but it was because his heart decided it had done enough, no cancer. Saying anything is 100% is dumb.

Just pay attention to last sentence.

domelogic

They forget she has nine lives

As part of her pancreatic cancer treatment a bile stent was placed.
From the press release today on Justice Ginsburg’s health.

This is important because a biliary stent is only installed if a tumor was large enough to cause blockage of the bile duct from the liver to the intestine.
It is typically performed in cases where the patient has cancer on the duct itself and often predicates liver cancer. Stents are often used in patients who are inoperable to provide end of life care.
Again the stent is typically only used in advanced cases and often only surgery is done for early cases:

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Why waste any money treating this wretched cunt whore? That money would be better spent on a bunch of children with cancer. Not some dumb cunt who is near the end of her life.