Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg death watch

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
I’d say they can take it to Dec 31, 2019. Steps down or dies past that then it’s a shitshow filling her seat even if GOP says fuck all to Biden “Principle”
The "Biden rule" shall not apply if Joe Biden is running for President. It would be a self fulfilling ideology.

Sent from your Mom's box.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
The "Biden rule" shall not apply if Joe Biden is running for President. It would be a self fulfilling ideology.

The Biden Rule isn't a real thing anyway, they should ignore it regardless. Its not like the Dems would keep their word on that if the shoe was on the other foot

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
The Biden Rule isn't a real thing anyway, they should ignore it regardless. Its not like the Dems would keep their word on that if the shoe was on the other foot
I know.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I hope she retires while the "Biden Rule" is supposedly in effect and for Trump to just fill the seat anyway.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
I hope she retires while the "Biden Rule" is supposedly in effect and for Trump to just fill the seat anyway.
She's too arrogant to retire. She'll only leave her seat covered with a blanket on a stretcher carried by EMTs

Floyd1977

True, i don’t think the Dems would hesitate (especially since they’re still pissed about Garland). But you would only need 4 GOP senators to defect and fuck things up, and there are already at least two likelies in that bunch.

Doesn’t matter much anyway, she’ll probabaly hang in until the election.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
At this point, Joe Biden has no idea what the Biden rule is or who it is named after.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
4 more years, 2 more picks

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Clarence Thomas has the flu.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
I had thought there was speculation Thomas may retire and leave the seat for Trump to fill with a younger judge. Perhaps in Trump's second term.

It's that RBG seat, or dare I say, Breyer's (age 81) seat that would cause lefty panic that I don't think we will have ever seen in history. It seems their hope is to gain control back of our government at some point (White House, House, Senate) and further destroy Kavanaugh's reputation to the point that he can be impeached and they can install a lefty activist judge in his place to push the court towards the left. Then they can replace Breyer and RBG's seats with younger lefty activist judges, giving them those three seats, plus Sotomayor and Kevin James doppelganger. But if Trump is able to fill one or both of RBG and Breyer's seats...its over. They'll then have to somehow remove Kavanaugh and his other picks, which, just removing Kavanaugh through legal means is highly unlikely because they really don't have a case for impeaching him...and it's near impossible for them to gain full control over government, unless there's some sort of economic collapse caused by Trump.

That's when they'll push for the 15 judge system or something...just change the rules in order to get a lefty court.