Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg death watch

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
They're going to set up the Supreme Court Justice "working from home" scheme that will come back to kick the shit out of them when all of Trump's picks will be in nursing homes on life support and still "working from home" into the year 2100.
Futurama Heads in Jars for SCOTUS 2050

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I've already predicted she steps down as soon as Biden rule kicks in which I guess is Jan 1 2020. I believe the senate GOP has claimed they will honor the Biden rule for any seat that opens up in 2020.

Though, come to think of it even with the Biden rule, her stepping down means conservatives gets a bigger majority. So she may have to hang in until the 2020 election (I'm sure that even she knows she can't do another four years if Trump wins)

For the moment I'm taking the news at face value that this is just due to the recuperating from surgery. If the situation with her was much more dire than the news is reporting I have to imagine something would have leaked by now (besides her bladder)
We’ve already had this conversation and either you forgot it, or your paranoia is just that big that it blocks out logic and reason. The Biden rule (that isn’t a rule) is invoked by the Senate when the Senate and the President are of different parties.

Lindsay Graham has said they would honor the Biden Rule, even though it doesn’t really apply here. According to who, you ask? Mitch fucking McConnell, who said since the Senate and the President would agree on a candidate, why bother waiting?

So you have to ask yourself - after sitting through an entire 2019 of watching House Democrats obstruct the government, including having to possibly preside over an impeachment hearing based on nothing, is Graham going to fight McConnell on this? Floyda Paranoida of course says yes, but I don’t think so. Keep in mind it isn’t just Trump who is up for election in 2020, but Graham himself.

FlyingDouche

They're going to set up the Supreme Court Justice "working from home" scheme that will come back to kick the shit out of them when all of Trump's picks will be in nursing homes on life support and still "working from home" into the year 2100.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Does anyone know what the process is if she can not continue on the sc? Or refuses to resign. It is a life long appt so could she effectively hold that spot open until she dies without hearing any arguments? Has it ever happened?
That's what happened in the "Pelican Brief."

Sent from your Mom's box.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Do you think Graham for a milla second would consider this after what they did to Kav? Not a chance in hell
I thought the same thing, but they asked him AFTER the Kavanaugh confirmation. Like I said though, let’s see how he feels after the impeachment hearing.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
She dead yet?

Floyd1977

Do you think Graham for a milla second would consider this after what they did to Kav? Not a chance in hell
Even if it did play out that way it would be risky for him to go "fuck what I said before". Might run the risk of losing GOP support for whoever the nominee would be.

I was gonna make a joke about her selling her soul to Satan for immortality, then thought about her being 112 years old. That made think what a fucked up thing that would be, sell your soul to live forever, but it don't kick in until your old and decrepit. Eeeewww.

domelogic

I thought the same thing, but they asked him AFTER the Kavanaugh confirmation. Like I said though, let’s see how he feels after the impeachment hearing.

I thought they asked McConnell. I did not know they asked Graham that question. When he is reminded about the Kav hearing and someone replays him saying “gawd help us if you ever get back into power” then all bets are off. He was right in at moment and would be right today

domelogic

Even if it did play out that way it would be risky for him to go "fuck what I said before". Might run the risk of losing GOP support for whoever the nominee would be.

Really after all the hypocrisy from the left, I don’t think so. What is the worst that will happen, they call him a liar or hypocrite? After he is done laughing he can remind the press to go speak with any number of their Dems party who have perfected that.

Floyd1977

Really after all the hypocrisy from the left, I don’t think so. What is the worst that will happen, they call him a liar or hypocrite? After he is done laughing he can remind the press to go speak with any number of their Dems party who have perfected that.
Would be nice. But playing the hypocrisy card with the left is futile. I’m sure most of us could agree to that. I think it’s liklier that GOP would keep their word, but again, I’d be more concerned that the more wishy-washy GOP senators might torpedo a potentially good nominee.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Graham probably said this because he's a smart politician and could foresee the impending media firestorm had he said the truth.

Pickle

I've already predicted she steps down as soon as Biden rule kicks in which I guess is Jan 1 2020. I believe the senate GOP has claimed they will honor the Biden rule for any seat that opens up in 2020.

Though, come to think of it even with the Biden rule, her stepping down means conservatives gets a bigger majority. So she may have to hang in until the 2020 election (I'm sure that even she knows she can't do another four years if Trump wins)

For the moment I'm taking the news at face value that this is just due to the recuperating from surgery. If the situation with her was much more dire than the news is reporting I have to imagine something would have leaked by now (besides her bladder)
“The Biden Rule”

Atomic Fireball

Donator
If it were possible, would you subtract one day off your life and add it to Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s life for one extra day of good health? If just 10,000 people did this, it would add 27 productive years to her life.
We should all stop and consider how idiotic and infantile this post is. From the chief Politico columnist.
He's performing the math to demonstrate how compelling and achievable his imaginary give-a-day-to-Ruth scheme is.

Floyd1977

We should all stop and consider how idiotic and infantile this post is. From the chief Politico columnist.
He's performing the math to demonstrate how compelling and achievable his imaginary give-a-day-to-Ruth scheme is.
Yeah, he talks about it like you could actually do this. Anyway, if I could she'd be pretty far down the list.

Last edited: