Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg death watch

FlyingDouche

We should all stop and consider how idiotic and infantile this post is. From the chief Politico columnist.
He's performing the math to demonstrate how compelling and achievable his imaginary give-a-day-to-Ruth scheme is.
I would not consider donating a day to extend RBG's life.

However, if Trump is in office, I sure as shit would donate a couple days to travel to DC for her funeral.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
We should all stop and consider how idiotic and infantile this post is. From the chief Politico columnist.
He's performing the math to demonstrate how compelling and achievable his imaginary give-a-day-to-Ruth scheme is.
Its sick and extremely cynical how they're only kissing her ass and elevating to hero status just because of the balance of the court. If it was packed with libs 8-1 they wouldn't give one flying crap about her career or history or health or if she suddenly dropped dead. Especially if she leaned to the right. No movies, no nicknames, no t shirts, no softball interviews....nothing.

Pickle

Its sick and extremely cynical how they're only kissing her ass and elevating to hero status just because of the balance of the court. If it was packed with libs 8-1 they wouldn't give one flying crap about her career or history or health or if she suddenly dropped dead. Especially if she leaned to the right. No movies, no nicknames, no t shirts, no softball interviews....nothing.
This person who the left adores; who was the subject of an “inspirational” biopic; whose likeness Michael Moore used as a topper on his Christmas tree; is a woman who supported lowering the age of consent to 12 and considered laws against the interstate traffic of women and girls “offensive” and that such acts should be considered “within the zone of privacy”.

http://humanevents.com/2005/08/23/senators-overlooked-radical-record-of-ruth-bader-ginsburg/

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
This person who the left adores; who was the subject of an “inspirational” biopic; whose likeness Michael Moore used as a topper on his Christmas tree; is a woman who supported lowering the age of consent to 12 and considered laws against the interstate traffic of women and girls “offensive” and that such acts should be considered “within the zone of privacy”.

http://humanevents.com/2005/08/23/senators-overlooked-radical-record-of-ruth-bader-ginsburg/

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Has anyone seen the commercials for the new film “On the Basis of Sex?”

I cringe during the part where one person is like “Who are you?” And Felicity Jones in her American Accent is like “I’m Ruth Bader Ginsburg.”

It’s a mix of that hack Hollywood trope of introducing yourself with your full name to get a rise out of an audience and a bad impressionist who has to say the name of the person they’re impersonating so the audience is clued in because they wouldn’t know otherwise.

jnoble

I cringe during the part where one person is like “Who are you?” And Felicity Jones in her American Accent is like “I’m Ruth Bader Ginsburg.”

It’s a mix of that hack Hollywood trope of introducing yourself with your full name to get a rise out of an audience and a bad impressionist who has to say the name of the person they’re impersonating so the audience is clued in because they wouldn’t know otherwise.
I cringed during the entire trailer when I first saw it last month. It had all the standard Evil Oppressive White Men characters and pivotal scenes where she's looking all defiant and we're supposed to cheer at her not backing down to the man, MAAAAAAN :meh:

Btw, Felicity looks nothing at all like a young Ginsberg..I don't know why they didn't cast an American Jewish actress instead.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I cringed during the entire trailer when I first saw it last month. It had all the standard Evil Oppressive White Men characters and pivotal scenes where she's looking all defiant and we're supposed to cheer at her not backing down to the man, MAAAAAAN :meh:

Btw, Felicity looks nothing at all like a young Ginsberg..I don't know why they didn't cast an American Jewish actress instead.
Natalie Portman was offered the job but passed.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Natalie Portman was offered the job but passed.
She was attached to it for 4 years and because it was caught in developmental hell, she eventually dropped out.

Wonder why it was stuck in developmental hell for 4 years, only to come out now? Hmmm?????

Pigdango

Donator
She was attached to it for 4 years and because it was caught in developmental hell, she eventually dropped out.

Wonder why it was stuck in developmental hell for 4 years, only to come out now? Hmmm?????
Because Mimi Leder was busy with The Leftovers?

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo

And yet, rather predictably, lefty Hollywood LOVES it and LOVES her!!! Some of the reviews I've read, both for this movie and her RBG documentary that came out a few months prior:

"An intimate portrait of an unlikely rock star: Ruth Bader Ginsburg"

"At the age of 85, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has developed a breathtaking legal legacy while becoming an unexpected pop culture icon."

"...one of the court’s most inspiring justices ever."

"Justice Ginsburg, who at 85 is still an active (and fiery) judge known for her grueling workout regimen, is having something of a pop culture moment. And deservedly so."

"2018 was a banner year for Ruth Bader Ginsburg as a pop culture icon, with various RBG memes, Kate McKinnon’s Saturday Night Live impression (which Ginsburg loved, when she finally saw it), a 722-page biography, and the high-earning documentary RBG all making their mark. Now the year of Ginsburg’s widespread iconification culminates in On the Basis of Sex..."

"But it’s a satisfying watch nonetheless, and a smart one too — just like its subject."

"You are likely to walk out of “On the Basis of Sex” filled with awe for Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, for many reasons."

"And, at its end, you get a glimpse of the actual RBG herself, looking steely and formidable and as if she just might be able to fly, given the right cape. It’s an enjoyable movie about a remarkable American success story, written by Ginsburg’s nephew Daniel Stiepleman and directed by Mimi Leder."

How do you think a Clarence Thomas documentary would fare? Or Alito?

Pigdango

Donator
And yet, rather predictably, lefty Hollywood LOVES it and LOVES her!!! Some of the reviews I've read, both for this movie and her RBG documentary that came out a few months prior:

"An intimate portrait of an unlikely rock star: Ruth Bader Ginsburg"

"At the age of 85, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has developed a breathtaking legal legacy while becoming an unexpected pop culture icon."

"...one of the court’s most inspiring justices ever."

"Justice Ginsburg, who at 85 is still an active (and fiery) judge known for her grueling workout regimen, is having something of a pop culture moment. And deservedly so."

"2018 was a banner year for Ruth Bader Ginsburg as a pop culture icon, with various RBG memes, Kate McKinnon’s Saturday Night Live impression (which Ginsburg loved, when she finally saw it), a 722-page biography, and the high-earning documentary RBG all making their mark. Now the year of Ginsburg’s widespread iconification culminates in On the Basis of Sex..."

"But it’s a satisfying watch nonetheless, and a smart one too — just like its subject."

"You are likely to walk out of “On the Basis of Sex” filled with awe for Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, for many reasons."

"And, at its end, you get a glimpse of the actual RBG herself, looking steely and formidable and as if she just might be able to fly, given the right cape. It’s an enjoyable movie about a remarkable American success story, written by Ginsburg’s nephew Daniel Stiepleman and directed by Mimi Leder."

How do you think a Clarence Thomas documentary would fare? Or Alito?
It's at 71% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not sure that's evidence of a vast liberal conspiracy.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Because Mimi Leder was busy with The Leftovers?
LEder wrote the story, she didn't have to do anything after that unless she was doing rewrites.

I'm just saying it was probably pushed through as a way of propping up RBG to become a cult figure of the "resistance."They had a reason to make it now because DRUMPH!

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
You mean besides directing it?
Did she direct it? I don't know these things.

My point still stands: You don't release this film unless you have a damn good reason to, and the lionizing of RBG at the present time seems reasonable enough.

Pigdango

Donator
Did she direct it? I don't know these things.

My point still stands: You don't release this film unless you have a damn good reason to, and the lionizing of RBG at the present time seems reasonable enough.
The movie made it from Black List to theaters in less than 4 years. That's a fairly quick turnaround, only slowed down by Leder's involvement with The Leftovers as I mentioned. Trump's election probably sped the process up a bit, but they may have also wanted to get it done while she was still alive.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
It's at 71% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not sure that's evidence of a vast liberal conspiracy.
Oh snap! In order for me to prove my point that there is a...ahem "vast liberal conspiracy" :meh: when I handpick a small percentage of writers with comments gushing over the supposed brilliance that is RBG... I'm also inclined to provide Rotten Tomatoes scores? Fuck...didn't realize that was a rule around here. Very well then...

Rotten Tomatoes score for On The Basis of Sex and the RBG documentary:

On The Basis of Sex: 72%
RBG: 95%

:rolleyes:

Pigdango

Donator
Oh snap! In order for me to prove my point that there is a...ahem "vast liberal conspiracy" :meh: when I handpick a small percentage of writers with comments gushing over the supposed brilliance that is RBG... I'm also inclined to provide Rotten Tomatoes scores? Fuck...didn't realize that was a rule around here. Very well then...

Rotten Tomatoes score for On The Basis of Sex and the RBG documentary:

On The Basis of Sex: 72%
RBG: 95%

:rolleyes:
What's with the "supposed" brilliance? You may not align with her ideologically, but the bitch got brains. Why does it bother you that people admire her?

jnoble

What's with the "supposed" brilliance? You may not align with her ideologically, but the bitch got brains. Why does it bother you that people admire her?
She used to have brains (although being ok with the age of consent being 12 isn't very bright for a couple valild reasons). But she's senile now and shouldnt be in a position to still make important legal decisions

Pickle

supported lowering the age of consent to 12 and considered laws against the interstate traffic of women and girls “offensive” and that such acts should be considered “within the zone of privacy”.

Maybe it’s the blatant disregard for her radical views. Views that have slowly become more normalized by a coordinated push from almost all major media outlets in an attempt to change our culture from the inside out.

Ginsburg called for...
- the sex-integration of prisons and reformatories so that conditions of imprisonment, security and housing could be equal. She explained, “If the grand design of such institutions is to prepare inmates for return to the community as persons equipped to benefit from and contribute to civil society, then perpetuation of single-sex institutions should be rejected.”

- the sex-integration of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts because they “perpetuate stereotyped sex roles.”

- the sex-integrating “college fraternity and sorority chapters” and replacing them with “college social societies.”

- casting constitutional doubt on the legality of “Mother’s Day and Father’s Day as separate holidays.”

- reducing the age of consent for sexual acts to people who are “less than 12 years old.”

- the assertion that laws against “bigamists, persons cohabiting with more than one woman, and women cohabiting with a bigamist” are unconstitutional.

- the objection to laws against prostitution because “prostitution, as a consensual act between adults, is arguably within the zone of privacy protected by recent constitutional decisions.”

- the Mann Act (which punishes those who engage in interstate sex traffic of women and girls) is “offensive.” Such acts should be considered “within the zone of privacy.”

- a demand that we “firmly reject draft or combat exemption for women,” stating “women must be subject to the draft if men are.” But, she added, “the need for affirmative action and for transition measures is particularly strong in the uniformed services.”

- hundreds of “sexist” words that must be eliminated from all statutes. Among words she found offensive were: man, woman, manmade, mankind, husband, wife, mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, serviceman, longshoreman, postmaster, watchman, seamanship, and “to man” (a vessel).

- wanting he, she, him, her, his, and hers to be dropped down the memory hole. They must be replaced by he/she, her/him, and hers/his, and federal statutes must use the bad grammar of “plural constructions to avoid third person singular pronouns.”

- condemning the Supreme Court’s ruling in Harris v. McRae and claimed that taxpayer-funded abortions should be a constitutional right.