Sushi

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Anyone else like Sushi?

I'm a big fan of Tuna sashimi and california rolls (with real crab none of that imitation shit).

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Does the Catholic church harbor sexual predators?
Some people are freaked out by the whole "raw fish" thing. Sorry but if you can't eat raw salmon or tuna, you are by definition a faggot.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
Been making my own Hawaiian style Ahi tuna poke for a few years now. Its choice.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
big fan of the eel, and the special eel sauce
I keep hearing great things about the eel, but something still bothers me about the fact that it's a fucking eel. Something about those things just doesn't seem edible.

I'll have to try it now.

Someday I'll man up and try blowfish.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Anyone else like Sushi?

I'm a big fan of Tuna sashimi and california rolls (with real crab none of that imitation shit).
That's not real sushi. :action-sm

Love the all you can eat ones where you just sit there and the sushi chef just throws whatever he feels like at you. The only thing I won't touch is uni (sea urchin).

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
That's not real sushi. :action-sm

Love the all you can eat ones where you just sit there and the sushi chef just throws whatever he feels like at you. The only thing I won't touch is uni (sea urchin).
Sea urchin grosses me out. I like rolls but hate those wacky rolls some places have. Cream cheese or mayo does not authentic Japanese cuisine make.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
I tried uni once, a long time ago. it was the consistency of baby shit and it tasted like low tide smells. if that makes any sense

reddog_2711

Jan 11, 2007
Rochester, NY
I keep hearing great things about the eel, but something still bothers me about the fact that it's a fucking eel. Something about those things just doesn't seem edible.

Eel rolls rock! I never thought that I'd be eating them, but they're damned good.

metallikat87

Dec 14, 2006
Oklahoma
i do like all you can eat but the quality is usually wayyy better at ala carte places
theres a place nearby that has what they call "sexy salmon" (i hate all the retardedly named rolls) but its a regular salmon piece with rice then they put a lemon segment, a slice of fresh jalapeno and some ponzu, i could eat it all day

Pat Barringer

Oct 11, 2009
Minnesota
How does that work at the places where they have a bar with the chefs behind it? You just walk in and sit up to the bar... then what? Do you just order off the menu, is it all you can eat, and how is it priced? So intimidating.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
they give you a little list and a pencil. there is usually a picture menu with descriptions of each type they offer. on the list is the price of each piece or roll. you put a number of how many you want in the boxes next to the type you want. then you hand it to the guy behind the bar, you dont' need to say any words unless you'd like a better description. There is a waitress for all your beverage needs. she'll bring you the check at the end.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
they give you a little list and a pencil. there is usually a picture menu with descriptions of each type they offer. on the list is the price of each piece or roll. you put a number of how many you want in the boxes next to the type you want. then you hand it to the guy behind the bar, you dont' need to say any words unless you'd like a better description. There is a waitress for all your beverage needs. she'll bring you the check at the end.
Really? That's a new one to me.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I know it's hick but I could eat Wegmans sushi packs every day of my life. Cannot walk past this section without salivating.

reddog_2711

Jan 11, 2007
Rochester, NY
I know it's hick but I could eat Wegmans sushi packs every day of my life. Cannot walk past this section without salivating.

True dat! I had some of their "Spicy Tuna" rolls last night.....had a craving after seeing this message thread yesterday. :)