Swim like an egyptian......

PALLY

16 die in Nile ferry accident
By MAMDOUH SEROUR Associated Press Writer
Article Launched: 12/22/2007 02:08:30 PM PST

MINYA, Egypt—A minibus fell off a ferry and sank in the Nile River in southern Egypt Saturday, killing 16 people including six children, security and local officials said.
Police blamed the driver for the accident because he had failed to apply the emergency brake while the car was being ferried to a landing near the village of Deir Mawas in Minya province, said Minya police chief Mahmoud Noureddin.

The driver jumped out of the vehicle at the last minute and survived but all of the passengers perished, said Noureddin. Rescue workers retrieved 13 bodies and were still searching for three others Saturday evening, he said.

Another bus that was on the ferry reached the river's west bank safely, said Minya Governor Fouad Saad Eddin. But three of its passengers who were standing outside the first bus at the time of the incident were injured, said Noureddin.

The two minibuses carried men, women and children of one extended family who were heading to visit their relatives, according to the governor.

The driver of the bus that fell off the ferry turned himself in to authorities fearing violent reprisal from surviving family members, said Noureddin.

During the three-day Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, Egyptians usually return to their hometowns to visit family and cemeteries to pay their respects.

Ferry, railway and road accidents are common in Egypt mainly because of poor maintenance and the lack of regulations.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Oh that God, still pissed for over 2 thousand years.

Turfmower

Too bad they didn't know how to swim walk.

MAV

way oh way oh, way oh way ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Great thread title.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
During the three-day Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, Egyptians usually return to their hometowns to visit family and cemeteries to pay their respects.
Well, this'll make it a hell of alot easier for 16 of them to be at the cemetery next year.

Top Bottom