Syria

MalcomOopsGotShot

White House Spokesperson
You called him the most knowledgeable candidate of the past election as if it was an axiomatic fact. Sounds to me like you're a fan.

From what I've seen, he was the most knowledgeable candidate by far. That does not mean I agree with all his views.

Josh_R

Oh good, more "everything on the planet affects America, therefore we should be involved" bullshit.

Josh_R

Almost everything does affect us. White man's burden and all that shit. Hiding isn't the answer.
I don't think that not intervening in a sectarian war 7,000 miles away is quite in the category of "hiding". It also depends on one's definition of "affect". One could certainly argue that just about everything that happens in any country affects the United States somehow. What matters is what amount of effect are we likely to experience, and at what threshold does action become imperative.
All I seem to hear is that any-fucking-thing that happens in the Middle East is guaranteed to end in nuclear war, thus justifying our intervention into everything. Not doing anything does not morally implicate the United States or enrage our enemies. Doing something is almost guaranteed to piss someone off, creating another effect that we now have to worry about.
Iran and Syria have had a long standing alliance, so if we're itching to get into a war with Iran, helping to overthrow their ally is probably a pretty good way to do it. It would also be another war that we would be responsible for starting. No one blames the U.S. for defending its allies, and we shouldn't blame Iran for doing the same.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
I don't think that not intervening in a sectarian war 7,000 miles away is quite in the category of "hiding".
But...but...I made it pretty clear that I'm against intervening in that war. I don't think Don wants that either. What we are disputing is the notion that what happens in the Middle East is not our business.

That's Ron Paul's big thing: that we have no business defending our interests in the Middle East. That's the problem with him, not the fact that he opposes pointless inteventions. He's not just against bad policies, he's against the most prosperous (by far) country in the world defending its interests, like American property and American trading partners, in any way.

He thinks free trade and capitalism can defeat tyranny on its own. That is nonsense. Government is important. He's right that government can't replace capitalism and free trade, but he's wrong that government isn't needed to DEFEND capitalism and free trade. Freedom CANNOT exist without a strong government there to defend it.

Last edited:

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Ron Paul knows a lot more about how the world works than you think.

I'm assuming you know more about the history of American foreign policy in the Middle East than him?
And that's what qualifies you to label his perspective "sooooo retarded"

Tell me more about how you're more informed than the most knowledgeable presidential candidate of this past election.
Ron Paul thinks the Flintstones was a documentary... and he also thinks the UN should punish the cybersquatters who stole his internets.

Ron Paul is a doddering old nut.

Every fricken "Allahu Akbar" a savage muzzie utters is America's business... the business of protecting our asses from the evil of religious zealotry.

This isn't 1925... Grampy Paul's isolationist strategies aren't realistic in 2013.

MalcomOopsGotShot

White House Spokesperson
He thinks free trade and capitalism can defeat tyranny on its own. That is nonsense. Government is important. He's right that government can't replace capitalism and free trade, but he's wrong that government isn't needed to DEFEND capitalism and free trade. Freedom CANNOT exist without a strong government there to defend it.

free trade does not equal freedom

Lol at thinking the United States is a "free country", the US has been gradually descending into a totalitarian surveillance state.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator

MalcomOopsGotShot

White House Spokesperson
You're right, free trade is only a part of freedom. You also need abortion rights, for instance.

Yes, moar free trade!

-Outsourcing is great for the US!
-Ship all the blue-collar jobs oversees to China!
-Kill the American manufacturing industry!
-Start shipping white-collar tech jobs to India!

God bless that good ole free trade, gotta love it

Yes, moar free trade!

-Outsourcing is great for the US!
-Ship all the blue-collar jobs oversees to China!
-Kill the American manufacturing industry!
-Start shipping white-collar tech jobs to India!

God bless that good ole free trade, gotta love it
Good ole American shoppers do love cheap shit.

MalcomOopsGotShot

White House Spokesperson
Looks like we got one of them angry Libertarians on our hands.

Speaking out against creeping totalitarianism and government intrusion into every aspect of our lives automatically makes one a libertarian?

Good to know

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
You edited this
For this?
Smells like your woman's fat, sloppy cunt
What are you going to do next, tell me I need to get out of the basement you internet 101 hack?

Edit: And a freedom hater. Next thing you are going to come up with is you want to put quotas on immigration and close the borders.

MalcomOopsGotShot

White House Spokesperson
Edit: And a freedom hater. Next thing you are going to come up with is you want to put quotas on immigration and close the borders.

First I'm a libertarian, then I'm a freedom hater.

Make up your fucking mind.