Taco Bell Says It's Working On A New 'Low-End' Menu

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Taco Bell is working on a new, low-end menu, chief marketing officer Brian Niccol said.

Niccol made the announcement on a conference call, according to a report by Bloomberg News.

Taco Bell is already known for offering cheap Mexican food. The extensive value menu offers items for 79, 89, and 99 cents.

The new, $1 menu is being tested in Sacramento and Kansas City. It might replace the current "Why Pay More" menu, according to Bloomberg.

The company also tried to get into higher-end food last year, releasing Cantina bowls with premium ingredients like steak and guacamole.

The Cantina release was seen as an attempt to compete with Chipotle, though the two restaurants serve very different demographics.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/taco-bell-working-on-a-low-end-menu-2013-5#ixzz2SBOnzhY2

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
No
I don't wanna read more

But that reminds me
I think I'm gonna make fajitas or taco fixins for work this week

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
They already have that. It's called "the menu".

What are they going to do, start selling the wrappers as a new type of "lettuce"? Tacos are already .48 cents or some shit.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
What are they going to do, start selling the wrappers as a new type of "lettuce"? Tacos are already .48 cents or some shit.
The only thing worth getting from Taco Bell are the nachos and cheese dip. If those are on the new low(er)-end menu, I'll be a slightly less disinterested boy.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
The only thing worth getting from Taco Bell are the nachos and cheese dip. If those are on the new low(er)-end menu, I'll be a slightly less disinterested boy.
The new guac-a-mole is quite tasty. Some quesadillas, some guac...all good.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
After they win the Franchise Wars all restaurants will be Taco Bells.

Jambi

Infidel
Nov 29, 2006
FL
The only way to make cheap awful food cheaper is to make it more awful.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Honestly, their 7 layer burrito really is pretty decent for the price.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I always get the Nacho Bel Grande at Taco Bell, and maybe throw in a few tacos on top of it.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I always assumed your weren't one of the fatties.

Wavey and stuff...
That stuff doesn't stay in your system long enough for you to get anything, fat included, out of it.

And I have Taco Bell like once a month or less... our local one closed because the staff got caught selling drugs over the counter (the weird thing is, it was about as nice as a Taco Bell can get, not one of those ghetto ones), so the only time I grab it is when I'm somewhere else.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
They can easily make a cheaper menu by shaving a few more percentage points off the meat.

Taco Bell Sued Over Meat That's Just 35 Percent Beef

Fox BYO
Published February 03, 2011
FoxNews.com
You'll have to pardon the puns, but...
Taco Bell might want to change it's "Think Outside the Bun" campaign to "What's Really in That Taco?" after a class-action lawsuit filed against the fast-food giant claimed its taco filler doesn't, um, "meat" federal standards.
The suit against the YUM-brands chain also has a "beef" with the company's advertising, charging its claims of using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its food products is false.
According to the suit filed by the Alabama law firm Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles, the YUM-brands owned chain is using a meat mixture that contains binders and extenders, and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef.”
Attorney Dee Miles said the meat mixture contained just 35 percent beef, with the remaining 65 percent containing water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent and modified corn starch.
The suit was filed on behalf of Taco Bell customer and California resident Amanda Obney, who is not seeking monetary damages, but instead wants a court to order Taco Bell to be honest in its advertising................

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
I'm not a food snob
I hit McDonalds and Arbys once in a while
But I think I've been to the local Taco Bell twice in the 18 years I've lived here

I wasn't impressed with the place or the product

I could go for a Binders and Extenders taco though

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Taco Bell might want to change it's "Think Outside the Bun" campaign to "What's Really in That Taco?" after a class-action lawsuit filed against the fast-food giant claimed its taco filler doesn't, um, "meat" federal standards.
Whoever wrote, edited, approved and uploaded that should have Ebola squirted into their eyes with a turkey baster.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
They can easily make a cheaper menu by shaving a few more percentage points off the meat.
That cunt dropped her lawsuit. Taco Bell's meat is just fine.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Their new campaign slogan.

"Try Taco Bell's new low end menu. Your lower end will hate you!"

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Wish more people ate at Taco Bell. Would directly lead to more deaths from eating dogshit food. More deaths = happier Me.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Attorney Dee Miles said the meat mixture contained just 35 percent beef, with the remaining 65 percent containing water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent and modified corn starch.
Delicious!

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I used to love Taco Bell until around 30 years old, and then it became muh. I don't know what changed, my tastes or the quality.

However, the short time that they served breakfast burritos back in 2000, those were awesome. Much better than McDonald's.