LT TACS 7/15-7/31 (praying for August)

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
From what I've heard, DeRosa wasn't there. I don't know know why.
I know nothing about LoS or DeRosa's connection to LoS, but Anthony bashed him on the roast. Was DeRosa originally a Legionnaire?

Lord Zero

I know nothing about LoS or DeRosa's connection to LoS, but Anthony bashed him on the roast. Was DeRosa originally a Legionnaire?
No. DeRosa has no connection to the show itself, but all three members – Big Jay, Luis, and Dave – are friends with him. They wanted Anthony and Joe there because they're friends with both of them. This is 100% Anthony just being bitter and cunty. I can understand Ant's initial anger toward Joe. To me (and I could be wrong here), it always looked like Joe threw Ant under the bus in order to head off a possible conflict with his LA friends. That was a fucking year ago, though. He should at least be over it enough to uncomfortably drag his issues with Joe (or his issues with Opie) into an event being held in his friend's honor.

I've never missed Patrice O'neal more than I have in the past year. Even more than the firing, I want his commentary and insight on Ant's (by all outward appearances) decline.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Yeah but how did he do compared to Joe DeRosa? And I bet if this got back to Joe DeRosa, his response would be "Didn't I put that to bed a year ago? I'm on Better Call Saul now. He really hasn't moved on?"
Honestly, I think DeRosa would have done much better than Anthony.
From what I've heard, DeRosa wasn't there. I don't know know why.
I think he lives out in LA now, so maybe that played into it. Plus, I don't think DeRosa is as close with the LoS guys as he was to...say, Patrice. Either way, they're both teenage girls having a fight.

LiddyRules

Honestly, I think DeRosa would have done much better than Anthony.

I think he lives out in LA now, so maybe that played into it. Plus, I don't think DeRosa is as close with the LoS guys as he was to...say, Patrice. Either way, they're both teenage girls having a fight.
I disagree. I think DeRosa is completely over it.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I disagree. I think DeRosa is completely over it.
Could be (haven't heard a word from him about anything in months), but I wouldn't be surprised if he still holds some animosity towards AntH. I bet AntH is the more upset of the two still though.

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
Honestly, I think DeRosa would have done much better than Anthony..
Agreed. While I don't like what DeRosa has become (a SJW) he at one point was a legitimate standup comic. Plus like all the other roasters he would have been smart enough to have his other comic friends help write his roast material.

Foggy

all mayo is actually my cum
Donator
Tell me, though: how does Andy sucking at comedy make Anthony suck any less?
It doesn't, but Andy's legitimate material is no better and he consistently gets the same tepid crowd reactions and it's not considered bombing. And Andy is considered to be some kind of cerebral veteran by great comics! No kidding.

Comparing Anthony to Andy Kindler tells you all you need to know about how his set went.
Yeah, if it was performed by an ugly Jew he could've taken it to Letterman.

LiddyRules

It doesn't, but Andy's legitimate material is no better and he consistently gets the same tepid crowd reactions and it's not considered bombing. And Andy is considered to be some kind of cerebral veteran by great comics! No kidding.

Yeah, if it was performed by an ugly Jew he could've taken it to Letterman.
Who the fuck cares about Andy Kindler?

Foggy

Donator
Who the fuck cares about Andy Kindler?
Nobody except me and my unhealthy, undying hatred towards him. I hate him because paradoxically, I'm the only human who cares about him. Wait...

Lord Zero

Again, this has what to do with Anthony? Like I said, I know next to nothing about Andy, so I can't judge his performances. I did watch Ant's performance, and that bitch bombed. End of story. If Andy gets the same reactions, then he's bombing too, no matter what anyone says.

Foggy

Donator
Again, this has what to do with Anthony? Like I said, I know next to nothing about Andy, so I can't judge his performances. I did watch Ant's performance, and that bitch bombed. End of story. If Andy gets the same reactions, then he's bombing too, no matter what anyone says.
Well, this consistency I can live with.

So this is all it took for the TACS fortnightly thread to reach eleven pages!?

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Comparing Anthony to Andy Kindler tells you all you need to know about how his set went.
The irony is that Anthony played this Andy Kindler set on his show as an example of a comedian bombing:

Anthony acted like Andy having to explain the jokes was a sign of him bombing. Except that set got the exact response Andy expected. Every word was planned, including the "ad libs" to the crowd.

Normally I would go back and listen to Anthony's comments to make sure I'm not misrepresenting anything he said, but...

Foggy

Donator
"Soder, you're taking the food right out of my children's mouths, and now I have to fuck them hungry."

I *think* I get what it means, but I don't get it.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
"Soder, you're taking the food right out of my children's mouths, and now I have to fuck them hungry."

I *think* I get what it means, but I don't get it.
He's saying that his "children" are his girlfriends. Not that hard to get.

I think I'm going to stop my sub when it's up next month. I really have no desire to keep supporting this show, especially if he's going to keep lying to his audience and continue doing the show he's doing. I wanted funny. I know Ant has been funny. But the direction of the show has been horrid. The roast was the last straw.

Madness

I gave up on the show two months ago. If you took the racism out, he's still pissing his talents away with the alcoholism. I really just want to forget about him until he turns up dead in the next couple of years.

Lord Zero

Anthony acted like Andy having to explain the jokes was a sign of him bombing. Except that set got the exact response Andy expected. Every word was planned, including the "ad libs" to the crowd.
That's funny considering how Ant had to (or thought he had to) explain some of his jokes at the roast. Again, I can't see Patrice letting him get away with that. Not without a massive dose of ball-breaking.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
The full roast for those of you who haven't seen it:
I do enjoy Bonnie's legs.

I think I'm going to stop my sub when it's up next month. I really have no desire to keep supporting this show, especially if he's going to keep lying to his audience and continue doing the show he's doing. I wanted funny. I know Ant has been funny. But the direction of the show has been horrid. The roast was the last straw.
A fat guy turned off by a roast? That's gotta be a first.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
A shitty thing about not having daily threads is being forced to bump this so people see it.

Dan Soder is great.