LT TACS October Listening Thread

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Do you think he intended to and chickened out? Or thought "we" demanded it. . . . . . and chickened out?
How could he do it without coming across like even more of an asshole? Opie is pretty much the same, so anything Anthony decided to pick on would be something that Opie did when Anthony still was there and said nothing about. "Dude, he did that two years ago, you nonconfrontational pussy."

Could he make fun of them for taking a lot more guests? I suppose, but they had to fill the void left by Anthony's missing mouth. Could he make fun of the quality of the guests? I suppose, but they share a lot of the same comics, and Anthony's bottom of the barrel guest list is pretty deep. Opie had Dan Rather, Mike Tyson, and Evander Holyfield in just the past week. Anthony had Kissa Sins, Theo Von, and Gary Vider. Yeah, maybe he doesn't want to go there.

Could he make fun of the Stangels? I suppose, but they were instrumental in getting O&A on Letterman. No way that wouldn't come across as phony and disingenuous.

Could he make fun of the morning zoo accusations? Maybe, but he might not want to do it on the same show where he's talking about Caitlyn Jenner and playing clips from The View.

Also, the only thing I've ever heard him say that could be taken negatively about the new show is that it's nicer, implying that that's something Opie wanted. Regardless of Opie's intentions, when you take away the guy who routinely ranted about black culture and had screaming matches with callers, then short of hiring a Klan member the show is going to get nicer without even trying.

Aside from giving raging boners to a handful of neckbeards on reddit who probably don't even subscribe to TACS anyway, Jocktobering Opie is a no-win situation.

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
How could he do it without coming across like even more of an asshole? Opie is pretty much the same, so anything Anthony decided to pick on would be something that Opie did when Anthony still was there and said nothing about. "Dude, he did that two years ago, you nonconfrontational pussy."

Could he make fun of them for taking a lot more guests? I suppose, but they had to fill the void left by Anthony's missing mouth. Could he make fun of the quality of the guests? I suppose, but they share a lot of the same comics, and Anthony's bottom of the barrel guest list is pretty deep. Opie had Dan Rather, Mike Tyson, and Evander Holyfield in just the past week. Anthony had Kissa Sins, Theo Von, and Gary Vider. Yeah, maybe he doesn't want to go there.

Could he make fun of the Stangels? I suppose, but they were instrumental in getting O&A on Letterman. No way that wouldn't come across as phony and disingenuous.

Could he make fun of the morning zoo accusations? Maybe, but he might not want to do it on the same show where he's talking about Caitlyn Jenner and playing clips from The View.

Also, the only thing I've ever heard him say that could be taken negatively about the new show is that it's nicer, implying that that's something Opie wanted. Regardless of Opie's intentions, when you take away the guy who routinely ranted about black culture and had screaming matches with callers, then short of hiring a Klan member the show is going to get nicer without even trying.

Aside from giving raging boners to a handful of neckbeards on reddit who probably don't even subscribe to TACS anyway, Jocktobering Opie is a no-win situation.
The points you brought up are valid and maybe the AntH of 15 years ago would have thought about it that way. However, I think the reason why he didn't go through with it is much simpler than that. Bottom line is AntH is lazy and he doesn't have any competent staff to do the "heavy lifting" for him (I guess Keith could have taken out a SiriusXM or terrestrial radio producer to a few lunches in an attempt to get him to do all the Jocktober work).

So the choice was to either do the work himself or just continue to coast on what is easy (reviewing his Tweets from the night before, ranting about 'tha blacks', continue to rip off Kramer from Seinfeld with the awkward want-a-be talk show format, and quote movie and tv shows from the 1970's).

I agree. What I think was dumb was Ant starting October guaranteeing he'd get to the show for Jocktober. Then not doing it.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
The points you brought up are valid and maybe the AntH of 15 years ago would have thought about it that way. However, I think the reason why he didn't go through with it is much simpler than that. Bottom line is AntH is lazy and he doesn't have any competent staff to do the "heavy lifting" for him (I guess Keith could have taken out a SiriusXM or terrestrial radio producer to a few lunches in an attempt to get him to do all the Jocktober work).
Anthony Jocktobered shows nobody listens to with current clips. His "staff" is at least that competent. Plus Garrett listens to O&J every day. I can't say I know exactly the reasons why Ant bailed, but the inability to cut up a few clips isn't one of them.

Foggy

all mayo is actually my cum
Donator
I've been listening a little lately. TACS is certainly not bad, but it's not worth all of the price of subscription, but there's other shows that justify it. It's ho-hum, if you will.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
Jocktober promise drunkenly explained: it was a goof.

Bobobie

Dave Mac is getting a show on the Network. A completely uncensored Dave without any filter from a co-host, should be interesting.

DrewDown

All are welcome
Dave Mac is getting a show on the Network. A completely uncensored Dave without any filter from a co-host, should be interesting.
How would that be different from his current podcast?

DrewDown

All are welcome
Never promised sense making, my good man. Just wanted to offend some dogs in a post.
Well, you've got your work cut out for you. You'll need to train them to read before the intended effect kicks in. Good luck.

Foggy

all mayo is actually my cum
Donator
If it's not about sports, I'm in.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Any other info on the Dave show? I generally enjoy him, but I'm not sure if I could handle his insanity daily (not that I'm going to start paying for it anyway though).

I predict yelling, lots and lots of yelling...oodles, even.

Bobobie

Any other info on the Dave show? I generally enjoy him, but I'm not sure if I could handle his insanity daily (not that I'm going to start paying for it anyway though).

I predict yelling, lots and lots of yelling...oodles, even.
I'm guessing it's going to be only 1-2 times a week, like Gavin and TOS. Anyone know if he still has that job at that NJ radio station? His show doesn't start until January. Maybe his contract runs out at that station then.

Ditto97

Professor of White Male Studies
So let's recap TACS programming:

* The title program, which many agree is the weakest show on the platform
* A podcast that also has a free edition and two of the regular having their own show on SiriusXM (that I'm already subscribed to)
* A hipster douche that apart from being worshipped by two Aussies and hating all non-whites, is just like every other hipster douche with an opinion
* I think a show devoted to crime in NYC? I couldn't be bothered reading the details, but if I'm right, I can only imagine what the preferred topic line will be
* and now a former 3rd mic of a long JTS show that has managed to bungle every other stable opportunity given to him.

Sure sounds like it's worth that monthly fee. :rolleyes:

Jocktober promise drunkenly explained: it was a goof.

Well, I fell for it. I also subscribed to Ant's show for a while expecting funny insight and commentary and was fooled. I hate smug reddit statements like this. All I can say, in the spirit of his snakiness; no--I don't think "Sants" will be visiting me.

Also like how he's shock--shocked!--- at the idea he'd slam Opie. The guy who put out the original two hour free show titled "Walking on Greggshells."

Have you heard Davey Mac lately? The last few times I listened, Skinny Man Studios was shut down and Dave and Pepper were doing a wind tunnel abortion of a podcast over ISDN lines. Hope it beats that!

Bobobie

So let's recap TACS programming:

* The title program, which many agree is the weakest show on the platform
* A podcast that also has a free edition and two of the regular having their own show on SiriusXM (that I'm already subscribed to)
* A hipster douche that apart from being worshipped by two Aussies and hating all non-whites, is just like every other hipster douche with an opinion
* I think a show devoted to crime in NYC? I couldn't be bothered reading the details, but if I'm right, I can only imagine what the preferred topic line will be
* and now a former 3rd mic of a long JTS show that has managed to bungle every other stable opportunity given to him.

Sure sounds like it's worth that monthly fee. :rolleyes:
Yeah, that Hipster Douche hates them Non-whites so much he decided to marry one and give birth to two of 'em. :rolleyes:

There is another big change to the Lineup.