Talking Heads

There hasn't been a thread about them, but I must say, they are my favorite band. It doesn't get better than 'The Lady Don't Mind'. Not to mention, I can listen to any CD and never have to skip a track, they are all amazing. Everything from vocals to instrumentals, they are amazing.

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Hmm... I don't really know that much Talking Heads stuff. I'll check out The Lady Don't Mind. I know that offhand, I wouldn't consider them, but as I said, I don't know enough of their stuff to really have an opinion.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Always like The Talking Heads. Psycho Killer, Burning Down the House,
Once in a Lifetime and Take me to the River, all great tunes.
Little Creatures was a good album too.

I was turned on to the Talking Heads listening to a Halloween show Phish did, where they did their whole "Remain In Light" album live.

I don't know which one is my favorite album, but my two favorite songs are "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)" and "Crosseyed and Painless"

This Must Be The Place is one of my favorite songs period.

Bit Wrecker

Too big to fail
Remain in Light is a terrific CD. Speaking in Tongues is essential as well.

ThatsNotFunny

Three...Girth Units.
Stop Making Sense is the quintessential concert DVD. The extras are also noteworthy (especially the self-interview clip). Enjoy.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
one of my favorite songs is Nothing but Flowers. I'm always going to have a great admiration for a band that can put good chord progressions together.

one of my favorite songs is Nothing but Flowers. I'm always going to have a great admiration for a band that can put good chord progressions together.
Good song, I was surprised to hear it in the intro to Clerks II.

I've got the audio to Stop Making Sense, but never seen the DVD

Have no idea why but their videos got me hooked onto them ages ago when I was a kid. Definitely an influential band coming out of the NY CBGB's scene. I think overall I'm a bigger fan of David Byrne's solo work for some odd reason.

Frankie_Ballz

wear no bag, spread the hiv
love the talking heads, byeolo you are too young to like them wait a couple of years

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
If I remember correctly, you voted for Kansas and Boston in the "Greatest American Rock Band" thread :icon_eek:
Your point is?

Boston and Kansas blow that stupid artsy asses music off the map. Ever hear a lil album called " Leftoverature"? I,m excited as hell actualy Kansas is playing out 4th of July event here this year at cooper river...

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Love the Talking Heads, however...

Oingo Boingo > Talking Heads.

If you are a fan of David Byrne, you would love Nick Drake. I believe they have a CD together as well.
One of my favorites. A friend of mine had Bryter Later playing one day and I heard it and fell for it. Been a fan since.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Oingo Boingo > Everyone.
Goddamn right.

You see the live dvd of their farewell show? Good shit right there.

Anyhow, back to the Talking Heads....yes, I think they're great, but I've been Talking Headsed the fuck out. This chick I know decided that David Byrne is a god, and all other songs sync up to anything he writes. She discovered this while hammered, and played a few songs that were all in 4/4. Go figure, they all kinda went along the same tempo as another song in 4/4. Fucking dolt.

Anyhow, I do enjoy me some Nothing but Flowers.

One of my favorite performers. Stop Making Sense is one of the best music DVD's ever done. And I love his post TH stuff and have traveled to see him 6-7 times over the last 10 years or so. His youthful violin section is fun to watch. A true musical genius.

H

Hans Gruber

I'm not a huge fan of some of their later stuff, but Fear Of Music is one of my favorite albums. Way ahead of its time. More Songs About Buildings And Food is also pretty damn good.

:clap: Actually I think his favorite band was the grumbling heads.

"HEY GUYS THEY ARE MY FAVORITE BAND!"

Talking Heads also one of my favorites, fuck Opie and his lack of music knowledge saying they only had a few big songs.