Tall People Problems!!

AlanSmithee

I remember growing up that everyone wanted to be tall (For many reasons)

My Dad is 6'2 and my mom is 5'7 so I knew I wasn't going to be short.

I ended up being 6'4 ..... and while it does have its advantages ( Intimidation, Putting away things in high cabinets, reach advantage in fights) it also has a lot of drawbacks.

I'm 32 years old and my knee's are shot to shit

I barely fit in my car (mid sized jap car)

I hit my head on something almost every day

Any other over 6 foot Wackbagers encounter these problems???

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
I'm 6'3". I literally could not fit in the passenger seat of my friend's 4Runner. I have a long torso and most shirts are too short and ride up on me. I have to get a 2XLT or a 3XL to fit me right.

lajikal

I used work with a 6'6" guy that needed to get surgeries on his leg/ankle and had to have a frankenstein contraption on it and tighten the screws. Mot sure if it was was completely height-related but fuck that.

6'5''. I have to slouch a little to fit beneath the shower head properly, and cars can be a problem. No limb problems though.

How often do you hit your head on things?
It depends. If I'm in a setting that I'm familiar with I hardly ever hit my head, but if I'm somewhere new I hit my head constantly. The biggest problem for me is cars, I'm constantly hitting my head as I get in and out.

One of my friends is 6'8". All kinds of problems, and gets stared at alot.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
I'm 6'5". My dad was 6'9" back before it was fashionable so I don't really consider myself tall. I went in an auto parts store today and told the lady to hang her cardboard sale sign higher. It hit me in the shoulder so it was a bit low. A single cab Chevy work pickup a few years back gave me a constant neckache from having to stoop down. The new extended cab lets me recline a bit and get a backache from laying back so far. When I was a kid I had a $100 Opel station wagon that seated my dad and I with plenty of room to spare. Amazing German design. All my leg problems are from injuries, not height, unless falling from a height counts.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
I'm 5'9". Or, as my father calls it, almost tall for a girl.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I'm not tall enough for these problems
and I seem to be shrinking as I get older.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
I'm not tall enough for these problems
and I seem to be shrinking as I get older.
Cause, you are....after 30-40 you shrink about a third to a quarter of an inch per decade.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Cause, you are....after 30-40 you shrink about a third to a quarter of an inch per decade.
I know and yet my feet are getting bigger.

In my 30's I wore a 9 1/2 , now it's a full size larger.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
6'4, sometimes a little lower back pain from always having to stoop for everything but no other physical complaints. I never hit my head anymore after living in Asia. I duck walking through a 9' doorway to this day.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
As in your other thread.....again, rollerskates and a steep flight of stairs are the answers.

steve500

I'm 6'5" and my airline job (not a pilot) involves flying to a bunch of cities that only CRJs/Learjet serve...plus we reduced legroom in most of our mainline fleet recently, so that sucks all around. Other issues are constantly sticking my hands in a ceiling fan when changing shirts, and just a little bit short of hitting my head in the ceiling in Royal Caribbean cabins.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
I'm 6'5 wear a 15 size shoe.. It sucks sometimes but most of the time It is pretty nice though the ladies love a tall fella.