Tea Party Leader: Boehner Must Go

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Tea Party leader: Boehner must go

By Cameron Joseph and Daniel Strauss -
07/27/11 10:41 AM ET

Tea Party Nation leader Judson Phillips called on House Speaker John Boehner "to go" and be replaced by a "Tea Party Speaker of the House" in a blog post Wednesday morning, the same day that Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder of the Tea Party Patriots, said that her group was looking into the same idea.

"Now Boehner is in the process of surrendering again. He is surrendering not to [President] Obama, but to the status quo in Washington," Phillips wrote. "The House passed Cut, Cap and Balance, which would cut $111 billion from the budget. It would cap spending and set a good course for the future."

Martin sounded a similar theme at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor, saying that in a just-completed poll of their members, four-fifths are not satisfied with Boehner and nearly three-quarters would like to have a new Speaker of the House.
"Maybe we should see about a different Speaker right away," she said.

Phillips was more strident in his criticism. "Boehner has no real interest in solving the problems this country faces. ... He worships at the altar of massive spending," he wrote. "We need a Speaker who is a leader. We need someone with courage and vision. Boehner has none of those qualities. He is not a leader."

Phillips urged readers to call their legislators and advocate for Boehner "to go" and be replaced by a "Tea Party Speaker of the House."

Earlier this week Boehner unveiled a two-step proposal to increase the debt ceiling that attracted criticism from conservative members of his caucus. The proposal aims to raise the debt limit by roughly $900 billion and set up a commission to find another $3 trillion in deficit reduction. Boehner's plan is likely to also require another debt-ceiling vote before the 2012 elections.

Many Republicans instead called on Boehner to back the House "cut, cap, and balance" proposal, which is unlikely to make it through the Senate. On Tuesday Republicans were scrambling to try and find 217 House votes to pass the Boehner plan, the same day that the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projected that Boehner's plan would reduce the deficit by roughly $850 billion over 10 years, about $350 billion short of what he had been aiming for.

The Tea Party Patriots is a loose-knit group of approximately 3,500 local Tea Party groups around the country. Martin and Mark Meckler, co-founder, poll local leaders before taking policy or political positions.

Meckler derided Boehner's plan as "phantom cuts" that Congress could reverse in future years. He also said he was not worried about hitting the debt ceiling, and called the possibility of the federal government defaulting on its loans a "myth that has been pretty much debunked."

He slammed both parties for their handling of the debt-ceiling debate. "We're asking Congress, the leaders in both parties and the president to keep real," said Meckler. "There's nobody in a leadership position who's putting real cuts on the table."

The government could continue to pay off its loans and cover military costs, Social Security and Medicare in the case of a default, according to Meckler. When pressed on what cuts he would like to see, he said "it's not the job of individuals or outside organizations" to decide what cuts to make and that elected officials should find programs to axe.

The Tea Party groups' attacks aren't the first time Boehner has come under fire throughout the debt-ceiling negotiations. At one point during the talks, Boehner received pressure from his right flank to walk away from a so-called "grand bargain" that he and President Obama were reportedly close to finalizing. Democrats tried to capitalize on the criticism by arguing that Boehner was not, in fact, leading the GOP in negotiations and that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) was really in charge. Boehner and Cantor both denied there was any rift between them or that anyone but Boehner was leading Republicans in the talks.

There have not yet been public calls from elected Republicans for Boehner to step down as Speaker. But the Tea Party movement is an influential one within the GOP, and this could spur some members to be more vocal in their criticisms of the Ohio Republican.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...a-party-leader-calls-for-boehner-to-step-down

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
And yet, a day later, it seems increasingly likely that Boehner's plan will pass the House.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC

Are those tears you're wiping from your face, John...or did a racist teabagger spit on you?

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Boehner is about 100 times as smart as anyone gives him credit for.

after the 2006 election he should have lost his leadership position in the party and forced by the party elders to quietly resign from the House, but yet 4 years later he is probably the most powerful Speaker of the House in any of our lifetimes.

I'm guessing this is why Nancy is sticking around, she thinks the same thing will happen for her, but I think its safe to say we'll see President Trump before we'll see Speaker Pelosi again.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Fuck you, Begbie. You made coke come out of my nose.
I don't believe it actually came out your nose. First person that posts video of it gets $10K.

joshrawdon said:
Good one, use another MSNBC line about an event that did not happen.
I guess, between the 909 posts and how I obviously haven't been posting in CE in a while, I understand.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I don't believe it actually came out your nose. First person that posts video of it gets $10K.

I guess, between the 909 posts and how I obviously haven't been posting in CE in a while, I understand.
Ahh, I guess I'm "missed the sarcasm guy".

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Future reference, every single thing posted by Begbie is 100% sarcasm. Just like everything posted by Kirk Strong is retardation.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Well VT, maybe not 100% per se...but yeah, lately, most of my posts have been sarcastic drivel that only a handful of people on this board get, so don't sweat it. I just got tired of bashing Obama and the guvmint...it's too easy these days. Then I read those mindless Kirk threads and eh, I just head for the Movies and TV or Off Topic forum. But dont worry, we good.

BloodyDiaper

Oct 7, 2005
And yet, a day later, it seems increasingly likely that Boehner's plan will pass the House.
Boehner needs Pelosi to loan him her balls. Maybe it will help him scrounge up those last teahadist holdouts who don't seem to want to vote for a bill they hate that is doomed in the Senate.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
God forbid people stand up for something they believe in. We can't have principles in politics! Especially conservative principles!

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Boehner needs Pelosi to loan him her balls.
The liberals definitely have a monopoly on effective propaganda. They talk so much shit, and the republicans just respond with facts and other shit that no one pays attention to.

BloodyDiaper

Oct 7, 2005
Let's see, conservative principles like: the financial industry can regulate itself; tax cuts create jobs and create more revenue; in a recession when businesses and consumers are not spending, the government should cut their spending too; it's ok to invade a country on that didn't attack us, etc. have done enormous damage to the country, so fuck conservative principles.

BloodyDiaper

Oct 7, 2005
The liberals definitely have a monopoly on effective propaganda. They talk so much shit, and the republicans just respond with facts and other shit that no one pays attention to.
Delusional much?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Let's see, conservative principles like: the financial industry can regulate itself; tax cuts create jobs and create more revenue; in a recession when businesses and consumers are not spending, the government should cut their spending too; it's ok to invade a country on that didn't attack us, etc. have done enormous damage to the country, so fuck conservative principles.
Were you dropped on your head as a baby? Everything you say is fucking retarded.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Not at all. Today, I watched Jay Carney talk about how the Republicans were playing politics and trying to hold the economy hostage because they would not compromise on a debt ceiling deal, while the whole time Harry Reid will not even allow a vote on the deal that had already passed the House. Sounds like Mr. Reid is holding a deal, that would actually raise the debt ceiling to prevent a "default", hostage. If he really believes that it won't pass the Senate because the democrats won't vote for it, why not man up and prove it with a vote? How about the Obamacare bullshit? The democrats bitched for a year that the republicans were holding the bill hostage and wanted grandma to die etc, when they couldn't even get their own party members to vote yes. How could a minority in both houses of Congress have been holding anything hostage?

BloodyDiaper

Oct 7, 2005
Were you dropped on your head as a baby? Everything you say is fucking retarded.
Quit projecting your fetal alcohol syndrome level cognition onto others. You dummies couldn't even make it 6 months before people realized what shitheads the tea party turned out to be.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Quit projecting your fetal alcohol syndrome level cognition onto others. You dummies couldn't even make it 6 months before people realized what shitheads the tea party turned out to be.
Who realized that they were "shitheads"? And what did they do that would give them that title?