Teacher's Insult Awards "Hurts" Kids

http://www.nbc10.com/education/13495112/detail.html

I thought the Class Clown award was "normal" for a sixth grader ut the "Most Likely Not to Have Children" award is great.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Sixth-grader Matt Porter didn't enjoy getting "Most Likely Not To Have Children" and "Sir Clowns-a-Lot" awards from two teachers at his school.

His parents aren't pleased, either.

Matt said he received the awards in front of classmates during a ceremony at the Decatur Intermediate Learning Center at the end of the recently finished school year. His mother and his stepfather have asked the Decatur Township school system to reprimand the teachers, and they want an apology.

"Words cut deeper than any knife could. They hurt," said his stepfather, Joseph Sims. "When you hurt a child like that, you not only hurt him mentally, but it does hurt physically because you withdraw within yourself. That is what Matthew has done."

The certificates were signed by the teachers who distributed them. Matt recalled what the ceremony was like.

"I was standing in the middle of (the two teachers), and they (were) reading them off," he said. "Everyone was laughing."

Matt felt humiliated.

"They (were) putting us down and everything," he said. "That is not what their job is for, to put kids down. They are supposed to teach us."

Amy Sims, Matt's mother, said she met with a school official over the matter but was not satisfied with the response.

"She just told me that the teachers would call and apologize to him, and we've not heard anything at all," Amy Sims said.

Gary Pellico, spokesman for the school system, declined to say whether the teachers have been disciplined. He said system officials regret the incident.

"We don't feel like it was an appropriate awards ceremony at all," Pellico said. "It wasn't part of the school's award ceremony, and it will not happen again."

Amy Sims said her son needs counseling because of the awards. The school has offered it, but an agreement on who will provide it has not been reached, Thomas reported.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
I heard his classmate Susie got the "Most likely to get a facial by a black cock." She was happy though.

That's a fucked up thing to do to a kid. If the parents were looking for money I'd disagree but those teachers should be reprimanded and should apologize.

"Words cut deeper than any knife could. They hurt," said his stepfather, Joseph Sims.

eeewww.

No wonder the kid's getting awards for being a fuck-up. He'd be better off with a single mom. Beats being raised by a eunuch.

PDX909

We're raising a generation of pussies that are going to get their ass handed to them every time they get in trouble.... I weep for the future, I really do.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
I wouldn't be surprised if the teachers were fairly young - early 20's.

That being said, I wonder what other categories they had:

- Most Likely to "Date" the Football Team

- Most Likely to Ace the GED

- Obviously Adopted But Doesn't Know It

- Most Likely to Sucessfully Complete Rehab...Eventually

- Most Likely To Have A Kid Before A Diploma

- Nicest Smile...And Everyone in the Cell Block Will Agree

- Most Likely the Result of A Broken Condom

- Most Likely To Give Thanks for 'No Child Left Behind'

- Future Special Olympics Honorable Mention Recipient

- Most Likely to Die In Hazing Incident

cozzie

head retard
what about

- most likely to be a sloppy power bottom

- most likely to have her kids join the Yates swim team

- most likely to have his cake stomped on by an 80 year old OPIE

-most likely to paint the ceiling red

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
- Most likely to kill themselves for getting this award

TheKris

I wouldn't be surprised if the teachers were fairly young - early 20's.

That being said, I wonder what other categories they had:

- Most Likely to "Date" the Football Team

- Most Likely to Ace the GED

- Obviously Adopted But Doesn't Know It

- Most Likely to Sucessfully Complete Rehab...Eventually

- Most Likely To Have A Kid Before A Diploma

- Nicest Smile...And Everyone in the Cell Block Will Agree

- Most Likely the Result of A Broken Condom

- Most Likely To Give Thanks for 'No Child Left Behind'

- Future Special Olympics Honorable Mention Recipient

- Most Likely to Die In Hazing Incident
:haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7:

You'd think a kid in 6th grade that gets a class clown award would be happy as hell. It was a cool thing to be known as a class clown at that age at my school. The kid was probably an asshole to his teacher all year and this was just a very minor way for her to lash back at him.

NortonsHeiny

Ronnie B Rocks my Fat Ass
eeewww.

No wonder the kid's getting awards for being a fuck-up. He'd be better off with a single mom. Beats being raised by a eunuch.
My dads answer to us would have been something like "its a tough titty when you have to chew the milk kid now beat it." This kid is a pussy and hope all of his classmates call him names.

bethm1b

person of interest
"Words cut deeper than any knife could. They hurt," said his stepfather, Joseph Sims. "When you hurt a child like that, you not only hurt him mentally, but it does hurt physically because you withdraw within yourself. That is what Matthew has done."

Definitly the words of someone who's never been stabbed. Was dad voted most likely to exaggerate?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
My proud epitaf from High School: most likely to commit an axe murder.
Grade school: most likely to become a priest.

Capt.Quint

ANDREW DICE GAY
-most likely to be violently *****

-most likely to fail out of college and fuck a jar of jelly

-most likely to start posting on Wackbag

-most likely to become a ''movie'' star

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
"Most Likely Not To Have Children"

All right, that one is a little fucked up. They should have known better.

(But funny in any case.)

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Any time I complained about anything as a kid I got the same answer from my dad, "The fair comes once a year kid, get used to it". The pussification of boys today makes me weep for the future. We are doomed. The Chinese are going to tear through use like a rabid dragon through wet toilet paper.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Any time I complained about anything as a kid I got the same answer from my dad, "The fair comes once a year kid, get used to it". The pussification of boys today makes me weep for the future. We are doomed. The Chinese are going to tear through use like a rabid dragon through wet toilet paper.
I think there is a difference between raising cowards and tearing someone down. You wouldn’t go into your workplace, point at someone, and say “Your too fucking ugly to have kids.” It is an issue of consideration vs. being an asshole.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
I think there is a difference between raising cowards and tearing someone down. You wouldn’t go into your workplace, point at someone, and say “Your too fucking ugly to have kids.” It is an issue of consideration vs. being an asshole.
No, I wouldn’t, but if someone else said the same thing to me I wouldn’t show weakness by letting the person who said it know it bothered me.
I totally agree with your point but the point I was trying to make is the way this kids father handled the situation turned the kid into a victim. I don’t think what happened to him was cool but what ever happened to, “shitty stuff is going to happen to you in life, and the world is full of assholes, it’s unavoidable so you have to learn to shake it off, don’t give them the dignity of a response and behave like a man.”?

bethm1b

person of interest
I think there is a difference between raising cowards and tearing someone down. You wouldn’t go into your workplace, point at someone, and say “Your too fucking ugly to have kids.”.

Why not? Some people need to hear the truth.