Tear Drop Trailer - Anybody Own One or Build One?

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
"Some Liquid Nails, 20 or 30 2x4 braces - piece of cake"...

-Shootr's Guide to Ni@@erRigging

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Welllllllll...this escalated rather quickly:

17'er used 2017 model - thing is like brand new - can't believe it has ever been out. Awning, popout, factory spring over option for clearance, levelers/stabilizers on all 4 corners:

Kitchen with microwave and fridge. Roof mount A/C, propane furnace, extra gas line at rear for grill or firepit, outdoor shower:

Queen memory foam bed (forgot the blacklight)...

Dining room (or second bedroom in a pinch)...

They're wiring in a brake circuit on the truck, new stinger and ball, battery, propane bottle. Tried to gethtem to throw in a couple Honda silent gennies, but they balked - best I could do was the above plus $500 cash back, to put towards this:

$750 at HF - should run everything pretty comfortably. Any tips or tricks to lugging these around safely (100lbs)?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Welllllllll...this escalated rather quickly:

17'er used 2017 model - thing is like brand new - can't believe it has ever been out. Awning, popout, factory spring over option for clearance, levelers/stabilizers on all 4 corners:

Kitchen with microwave and fridge. Roof mount A/C, propane furnace, extra gas line at rear for grill or firepit, outdoor shower:

Queen memory foam bed (forgot the blacklight)...

Dining room (or second bedroom in a pinch)...

They're wiring in a brake circuit on the truck, new stinger and ball, battery, propane bottle. Tried to gethtem to throw in a couple Honda silent gennies, but they balked - best I could do was the above plus $500 cash back, to put towards this:

$750 at HF - should run everything pretty comfortably. Any tips or tricks to lugging these around safely (100lbs)?

Put bigger air filled rubber wheels on it.
And congrats, now you have to dump the teardrop on some midgets

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Put bigger air filled rubber wheels on it.
And congrats, now you have to dump the teardrop on some midgets
It just went live on Craigslist - bracing for the idiocy... (Although the motorcycle sale couldn't have gone smoother)

Not sure what you mean RE: rubber wheels? Seriously - keep me out of trouble. EDIT _ Duh, the gennie...

Now I'm watching youtube videos on how to dump the tanks, how to use shore power without blowing stuff up, etc.

Missus found an open spot at one of our favorite campgrounds (but in the RV loop - we're usually in the primitive sites) for this weekend - so I'm picking it up Friday morning, loading it out, and we're heading up to break it in. Get to bring the dog too, which I hope she enjoys and isn't too big a pill.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
It just went live on Craigslist - bracing for the idiocy... (Although the motorcycle sale couldn't have gone smoother)

Not sure what you mean RE: rubber wheels? Seriously - keep me out of trouble. EDIT _ Duh, the gennie...

Now I'm watching youtube videos on how to dump the tanks, how to use shore power without blowing stuff up, etc.

Missus found an open spot at one of our favorite campgrounds (but in the RV loop - we're usually in the primitive sites) for this weekend - so I'm picking it up Friday morning, loading it out, and we're heading up to break it in. Get to bring the dog too, which I hope she enjoys and isn't too big a pill.
Bring a crate

ysr50

Donator

You mind telling us how much you paid? I might be in the market for something similar.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
You mind telling us how much you paid? I might be in the market for something similar.
Used for $14,750 before taxes, license, etc. - no $1500 delivery fee when buying used - just FYI.

ysr50

Donator
Used for $14,750 before taxes, license, etc. - no $1500 delivery fee when buying used - just FYI.
Thanks. One other question, does it have a shitter? You mentioned the outside shower, I'd like to have both of those things inside.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Thanks. One other question, does it have a shitter? You mentioned the outside shower, I'd like to have both of those things inside.
Oh yeah, full luxurious ensuite lol! "Wet" bath with shower, toidy, and sink (Which is silly because the kitchen sink is 3 feet away...

25 gallon fresh, gray, and black water tanks, 6 gallon water heater, and fesh water and sewer hookups too. They'll all get tested this weekend, the RV spot we reserved has it all.

ysr50

Donator
Oh yeah, full luxurious ensuite lol! "Wet" bath with shower, toidy, and sink (Which is silly because the kitchen sink is 3 feet away...

25 gallon fresh, gray, and black water tanks, 6 gallon water heater, and fesh water and sewer hookups too. They'll all get tested this weekend, the RV spot we reserved has it all.

I like it, your wife will probably do unspeakable things to you for bestowing such luxury upon her. Congratulations.

I like it, your wife will probably do unspeakable things to you for bestowing such luxury upon her. Congratulations.
She can blow him in the shower, take her morning dump and cook breakfast all at the same time.

TomC

uppity neobarb

thats about the size of my first one, 2 feet different, 3 campers later.....
Number 1 advice, keep it out of the sun!!!! cover of some sort, check and reseal roof every 2 years.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
thats about the size of my first one, 2 feet different, 3 campers later.....
Number 1 advice, keep it out of the sun!!!! cover of some sort, check and reseal roof every 2 years.
I'll have to store it at a storage yard - and it will be covered. Arizona sun will tear stuff like this down in no time - and to me not covering it is just lazy abuse.