Tear Drop Trailer - Anybody Own One or Build One?

Yep that’s the way to go the “smart isolator” is the key to that set up the “cheep” way to go is to just add another battery and a mechanical duel parallel switch like on a boat, but, those are notorious for draining both batteries.
I like kits, someone else already made the mistakes.

On the topic of batteries, my fucking Vw is killing its battery again, that car has a serious drain on it that I just can’t find, Well I think it might be in the door lock but I don’t feel like taking it apart, it’s easier to hook up my battery charger if I let it sit for more than a week
I have 2 yellow top optimas in my car to run my CB amp (it pulls 60-70 amps) no isolator, but I don't use it all that much. I can leave stuff on overnight though.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Where were you camping? It looks like paradise.
Fool Hollow in Show Low, AZ.

Saw a beaver this morning slapping his tail in the water. I had no idea there even were beavers in Arizona.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Nice My first two smaller ones were LP only.
So I fucked up. Started draining the freshwater system before realizing the electricity was still on to the water heater. How toast is it if was on while (probably) empty for 5 minutes? Didn't smell anything burning or popping. Just didn't have time to refill the system and fire it back up to see.

ysr50

Donator
So I fucked up. Started draining the freshwater system before realizing the electricity was still on to the water heater. How toast is it if was on while (probably) empty for 5 minutes? Didn't smell anything burning or popping. Just didn't have time to refill the system and fire it back up to see.
It should have some kind of a fuse or circuit breaker to protect it. Catching on fire is bad for business.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Fool Hollow in Show Low, AZ.

Saw a beaver this morning slapping his tail in the water. I had no idea there even were beavers in Arizona.
We stayed at a cabin in the Pocono Mountains were beaver lived
at the end of the lake. It was pretty cool watching them in the
morning swimming around.
5 minutes isn't that long. It should be ok. Most of them do have
some form of thermal protection but even if it doesn't it wasn't
that long to do serious damage.

At 10:30 PM he was probably also a very drunk man.

(searches WDT thread)

Yep - 12 minutes before calling you a faggot he posted a Notting Hillbillies song.

Thank God you were here
Internet Tattletale Guy

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Picked up the gennie yesterday and started breaking it in. Also made blocks to put under the levelers - with the 2" lift, they barely reach the ground on any kind of slope.

Got a shitload of parts and pieces to out on it this weekend - PV panel and controller, new outside speakers, various storage baskets, etc.

The battery was a dud, dealership gave me a new one today after admitting the one in it wasn't new as promised. Didn't help that the fuse for the power line in the trailer plug was blown - but it was gone before that - soon as shore power was pulled it drained right down. Think I've got the rest of the electrical worked out.

I'd like to move the propane regulator to the frame rail and use the battery space for a tool box - if I can find one that will fit.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
@Shootr hows that predator? Is it as quiet as the eu3000is honda? And have you stalled it yet?

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator

This is in the garage so about as loud as it can be (not in the open away from reflective walls). First part is regular rpm, then eco mode dropped it down a bit. I think it's pretty good, never heard a Honda running - but spec-wise they're supposed to be the same.

Yesterday put oil in it, fuel, pulled the starter 3-4 times, hit the starter switch and it wouldn't catch. Went from "START" to "RUN" on the choke and it fired right up. Today just put it to "RUN" and it fired right up again. Apparently when it's 110 degrees out it doesn't need any warmup/choke. Hasn't stalled yet - is that a thing with these?

THE FEZ MAN

This is in the garage so about as loud as it can be (not in the open away from reflective walls). First part is regular rpm, then eco mode dropped it down a bit. I think it's pretty good, never heard a Honda running - but spec-wise they're supposed to be the same.

Yesterday put oil in it, fuel, pulled the starter 3-4 times, hit the starter switch and it wouldn't catch. Went from "START" to "RUN" on the choke and it fired right up. Today just put it to "RUN" and it fired right up again. Apparently when it's 110 degrees out it doesn't need any warmup/choke. Hasn't stalled yet - is that a thing with these?
It’s easy to over load them use a heat gun that you can vary the output and you can hear the load change

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
It’s easy to over load them use a heat gun that you can vary the output and you can hear the load change
Ahhh, gotcha. Doing all the math, with a/c and lights on, I'd be about 20 amps. Only other thing that could be an issue is if I throw a bag of popcorn in the microwave and forget to turn off the a/c (Going to do some tests this weekend to see what each piece of equipment draws [a/c, microwave, etc]). The interweb consensus is: keep the load around 25 amps and it should be fine.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
I know it's hard to tell from a video, what do you think of the noise level?

THE FEZ MAN

Hard to tell from the video, the honda has a lower tone, but also you’re in the garage with the exhaust right up against the door, my honda at full load has a very low tone that is hard to discribe, and when it’s on “eco” throttle it’s even a lower tone, almost like when you listen to a subwoofer using a test tone like a low “brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr”
I know it's hard to tell from a video, what do you think of the noise level?

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
My Honda 2000eu is very quiet when it has a low amp load on it. 5 amps or under lets say. Put something on it slightly higher and then it does get a little louder. If you have something like lights plugged in or some other low draw load, you can put it in eco mode and almost forget that it is running.

We got to use a Honda 3000eu that we rented from United Rentals a year and half ago and it was pretty quiet when just charging cordless tool batteries. But use the cutoff saw or a port-a-band saw or a die grinder and the rpm's came right up and the noise along with it. It didn't get loud per se, but you knew it if you were trying to talk on your cell phone or something like that. Not loud, but definitely there.

Great generators though. I've been really happy with mine. Good luck with yours. Can you link yours with another one to get even more power or no?