Teaspoon of urine can drug test an entire city

locallounge

Bite It, You Scum!
Jul 31, 2005
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20380094/wid/11915773?gt1=10316

WASHINGTON - Researchers have figured out how to give an entire community a drug test using just a teaspoon of wastewater from a city’s sewer plant.

The test wouldn’t be used to finger any single person as a drug user. But it would help federal law enforcement and other agencies track the spread of dangerous drugs, like methamphetamines, across the country.

For the rest of the story, click the link....

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
So the thread title should be 'Teaspoon of wastewater can drug test an entire city'.

martianvirus

Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Did you not read the story? It's not urine that they are testing. It's wastewater. Learn to read.

locallounge

Bite It, You Scum!
Jul 31, 2005
Did you not read the story? It's not urine that they are testing. It's wastewater. Learn to read.

Fucktard, I posted the article as is. If your dumbass cant see that, then your issue is with msn news, not me...go suck your moms cock, freak.

martianvirus

Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
No, the issue is that your thread title doesn't match the actual news. Learn to read.

martianvirus

Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Did you not read the story?

And I do have a life. And no I'm not a troll. And yes, your thread title is still inaccurate.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
MSN sucks. It really should read wastewater.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
The only time the government should be allowed to test my fluids is when I unload hot batches onto the toungues of the DEA.

Jan 6, 2006
So the thread title should be 'Teaspoon of wastewater can drug test an entire city'.
Dude, either you are joking or you are a serious troll...
Fucktard, I posted the article as is. If your dumbass cant see that, then your issue is with msn news, not me...go suck your moms cock, freak.
No, the issue is that your thread title doesn't match the actual news. Learn to read.
No, the issue is you are a fucking troll with no goddamn life. You have proven that much.
Did you not read the story?

And I do have a life. And no I'm not a troll. And yes, your thread title is still inaccurate.
You two should settle this in an alley after school.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Temp Bans! Temp Bans! Two for the Price of One! Get 'em while they're hot!

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
why'd i come in here?....

oh yeah, the urine testing thing... hahahah i mean wastewater testing, whatever...

why the hell not... if youre usin that much get a 5 gallon bucket and fertallize your garden, just dont let cops get a hold of your tomatoes!

back to our regularly scheduled thread drama...

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
and nearly 100% of us currency has cocaine on it

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
and nearly 100% of us currency has cocaine on it
Get your fuckin facts strait buddy. Its more like 95/97% Jeeeeez this place sucks

Chances are pretty good that there are traces of cocaine in your wallet right now. And that's bad news for drug prosecutors.

The problem is that cocaine sticks to cash whenever money is handled by drug dealers and users. And studies show that cocaine is in such wide use nationally that a sizable percentage of paper money bears traces of it -- a finding that courts are starting to cite in ruling against prosecutors.

Within the past 18 months, two federal appeal courts have strongly questioned the government's reliance on cocaine-tainted cash. And in a ruling in April, a federal trial judge said the mere presence of such cocaine traces doesn't give officials the necessary "probable cause" to launch an extensive search to confiscate the cash.

Nancy Hollander, president of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, said, "We're going to see more and more lawyers using these rulings in arguments to suppress evidence by challenging the validity of dog sniffs [detecting cocaine] and confiscation of cash."

The court decisions cite the findings of scientific and informal tests conducted in the late 1980s. Some of the tests showed that more than 95% of the cash in circulation may be cocaine-contaminated because residue from the drug remains long after the initial exposure.

One of the studies that has proved most damaging to prosecutors was done by Sanford A. Angelos, a forensic chemist with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration's North Central Laboratory in Chicago. The study concluded that a third of the samples taken from several Chicago banks and from the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago had traces of cocaine. The test results were reported in an undated internal DEA memo and first surfaced publicly in a trial in Los Angeles three years ago.

More important, Mr. Angelos said in the memo, the belts of the bill sorter at the reserve bank continued to spread the contamination to more and more cash. Mr. Angelos recommended, among other things, that "trace analysis or seizure be stopped."
[...]

The Sixth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati also raised questions about the use of cocaine-tainted cash as evidence in a decision in January involving the seizure of $53,082. The court cited, among other studies, a test conducted four years ago by Lee Hearn, chief toxicologist for the Dade County medical examiner's office in Miami. In a study of currency from banks in cities around the country, Mr. Hearn concluded that 97% of the bills tested positive for cocaine.

:icon_mrgr

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Can someone please start a poll? I want to vote for wastewater.

And that makes me a troll, I see.