Ted Turner: ‘Men Should Be Barred From Political Office’ for ’100 Years’

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013

Appearing at this past weekend’s International Women’s Earth and Climate Summit in New York City, CNN founder Ted Turner reiterated his belief that men should not be allowed to hold elected office for the next 100 years, in order to allow for more women in politics.

Moderator Sally Ranney lamented the fact that only 20 percent of parliamentarians around the world are women, and then turned the mic over to Turner to explain his theory on how to get that figure up:

“I came up with the idea at least 20 years ago that we needed more women in politics,” he explained. “I suggested that men be barred from political office. They could do everything else — be president of universities, business leaders — but they just couldn’t serve in any elected position for 100 years.”

The audience applauded as Turner continued: “I think we’d have a lot more emphasis on education and healthcare and a lot less on Army and the Navy and the Marine Corps. It would be a very positive step, but it hasn’t happened yet. But it still might.”

As NewsBusters noted, Turner also proposed the 100-year ban back in 2003 and 2006.
Link

A new war once a month, amirite fellas!?! *Fist bump* *Blow it up*
Fuck you Ted.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Article published Tuesday, November 27, 2007, at Washington Times.

Women's suffrage over time

By John R. Lott, Jr.

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen."

—Ann Coulter, Oct. 2 New York Observer

With Hillary Clinton still the leading Democrat in the race for president, a lot of news stories over the next year will discuss women voting patterns. Some women may well vote for Mrs. Clinton, even if they disagree with her policies, simply because she is a woman. Terms like "historic" will be thrown around a lot, but Mrs. Clinton's run really just represents a continuation of a trend that started about a hundred years ago, when women started voting in large numbers.

In fact, if you believe all the academic research that voters do a very good job of putting into office the right politicians who represent their interests, Mrs. Clinton's specific election is really besides the point.

Academics have long pondered why the government started growing precisely when it did. The federal government, aside from periods of wartime, consumed about 2 percent to 3 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) up until World War I. It was the first war that the government spending didn't go all the way back down to its pre-war levels, and then, in the 1920s, non-military federal spending began steadily climbing. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's New Deal — often viewed as the genesis of big government — really just continued an earlier trend. What changed before Roosevelt came to power that explains the growth of government? The answer is women's suffrage.

For decades, polls have shown that women as a group vote differently than men. Without the women's vote, Republicans would have swept every presidential race but one between 1968 and 2004.

The gender gap exists on various issues. The major one is the issue of smaller government and lower taxes, which is a much higher priority for men than for women....................
http://johnrlott.tripod.com/op-eds/WashTimesWomensSuff112707.html

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
As someone who would probably enjoy the downfall of civilization, I'm all for this.

JackieImpression

Mar 25, 2013
Guilty, white, liberal fool.
Right on the first three. But not the last. This is classic propaganda. For what? Hillary Clinton. You'll be seeing thousands of articles that are pro-woman and anti-man or anti-conservative propping up until 2016. This is just a piece to start working the stupid masses into subconsciously preparing for a Hillary vote.

This is not random foolish article. This is a DNC ordered piece.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
But who is going to alder? WHO?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Right on the first three. But not the last. This is classic propaganda. For what? Hillary Clinton. You'll be seeing thousands of articles that are pro-woman and anti-man or anti-conservative propping up until 2016. This is just a piece to start working the stupid masses into subconsciously preparing for a Hillary vote.

This is not random foolish article. This is a DNC ordered piece.
Supporting ol' butter thighs isn't foolish? Wanting another far-left Democrat to run the country after (by then) 8 years of Barack Obama isn't foolish?

JackieImpression

Mar 25, 2013
Supporting ol' butter thighs isn't foolish? Wanting another far-left Democrat to run the country after (by then) 8 years of Barack Obama isn't foolish?
You're missing the point.

The left is setting things up for political correctness and identity politics. This is all a long-con game. Where they will spew their leftist garbage through the media nonstop until election day.

I'm not saying he's not foolish for supporting Hillary. I think he's an idiot. I'm saying he's not foolish for starting the propaganda machine early. If you think this wasn't a plant from the Hillary campaign then you're missing what's really at work. Hillary is running for president. It's already in motion. This was straight from her campaign team. No question.

This wasn't some offhanded remark. This was a timed and calculated move.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Men and Sarah Palin. He forgot to add Sarah Palin.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
We do not need that many sammiches.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
You're missing the point.

The left is setting things up for political correctness and identity politics. This is all a long-con game. Where they will spew their leftist garbage through the media nonstop until election day.

I'm not saying he's not foolish for supporting Hillary. I think he's an idiot. I'm saying he's not foolish for starting the propaganda machine early. If you think this wasn't a plant from the Hillary campaign then you're missing what's really at work. Hillary is running for president. It's already in motion. This was straight from her campaign team. No question.

This wasn't some offhanded remark. This was a timed and calculated move.
You're giving him way too much credit. There are those that use the tactics you describe, but Ted isn't one of those people. He has a long history of saying stupid liberal shit as well as (according to him) four girlfriends to pander to. He's just a pussy-whipped liberal idiot and nothing more. Trust me, Ted Turner is no political tactician.