Teen Facing Sex Offender Registration For Streaking At A Football Game Commits Suicide

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I wonder what the anti-bullying brigade has to say about this one.

Boy, 15, kills himself after ‘facing expulsion and being put on sex offender registry’ for STREAKING at high school football game

A popular 15-year-old student has committed suicide after he reportedly faced expulsion and being placed on the sex offenders’ register simply for streaking at a high school football game.

Christian Adamek, from Huntsville, Alabama, hanged himself on October 2, a week after he was arrested for running naked across the Sparkman High football field during a game.

The teenager died two days later from his injuries and on Wednesday, friends and family gathered at a memorial service as they struggled to comprehend the beloved student’s death.

A video of Adamek streaking during a game against a rival team was posted on YouTube hours after the event and students took to Twitter to call him a ‘legend’.

Loss: Christian Adamek, 15, hanged himself last week after he faced possible expulsion and criminal charges for streaking across his high school’s football field during a game the week earlier

‘Sparkman’s new slogan is gonna be “Welcome to Sparkman High School, Home of Christian Adamek”,’ one student wrote.

But school staff did not treat the situation so lightly.

Sparkman High Principal Michael Campbell told WHNT a day before the suicide attempt that the teen could face major repercussions because of his actions.

‘There’s the legal complications,’ Campbell said. ‘Public lewdness and court consequences outside of school with the legal system, as well as the school consequences that the school system has set up.’

Incident: Adamek, seen right, was filmed streaking across the school football field on September 27

In Alabama, indecent exposure is linked to the state’s sex offender laws, meaning that he could have found himself on the sex offenders register due to the streaking.

Campbell added that that the incident was not just a prank and needed to be treated seriously.

Sparkman High administrators even recommended that Adamek face a hearing in the Madison County court system to determine if formal charges would be filed, WHNT reported.

Adamek had also been disciplined by the school district but the details had not been made public.

The day before the suicide attempt, the principal had confirmed that Adamek was not at school and the teenager’s sister suggested on Twitter that Adamek faced expulsion, AL.comreported.

Popular: After the streaking, fellow students called Adamek, pictured, a ‘legend’ but the school district took it far more seriously, recommending that he had a court hearing and disciplining him

Missed: He is pictured with his mother, Angela, in his younger years. He also leaves behind a brother and sister

Campbell declined to comment on Adamek’s death but the Madison County school district issued a statement saying it had ‘received word that a Sparkman High School student has passed away’.

‘Our prayers and thoughts are with the family during this time of bereavement,’ the statement read.

The messages on Twitter have now turned from congratulatory to somber.

‘Praying for the Adamek family. Christian was so funny and nice. He will be missed by so many,’ one girl wrote.

The family – Adamek leaves behind his mother, Angela, and a sister and a brother – shared photos and memories online of the fun-loving teen, who was pictured posing and grinning at the camera.

At Wednesday’s memorial service, his Boy Scout Troop master, David Silvernail, said Adamek was a popular teenager who always had a smile on his face.

Questions: The principal of Sparkman High School in Harvest, Alabama has not commented on the suicide

‘There are two kinds of people in the world; ones that brighten the room when they walk in and those that don’t,’ he said.

‘He was one that brightened the room when he walked in. That’s what I’ll always remember about Christian.’

His mother, Angela, thanked her son’s friends and said they could learn from his life, AL.com reported.

‘Remember to smile, don’t be afraid to do something goofy and remember the consequences of those actions, ask for help when you need it, ask for help if you think your friends need it if you don’t know what to do, be quirky, be happy, be smart,’ she said.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
This is so sad. Normally I'd say he had a problem that he would kill himself over being punished for streaking but getting put on the SOL? That's a bit far. No life was ruined due to his streaking stunt except his own now.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

This is so sad. Normally I'd say he had a problem that he would kill himself over being punished for streaking but getting put on the SOL? That's a bit far. No life was ruined due to his streaking stunt except his own now.
I'm sure his family isn't doing so well either.

You do wonder if these zero tolerance-y ideals are going to have their day.

‘Sparkman’s new slogan is gonna be “Welcome to Sparkman High School, Home of Christian Adamek”,’ one student wrote.
A haunted high school? Hello, Hollywood!

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
There are many stories like this. People put on the registry for mooning other cars (that had kids in them) or urinating in public. It's just fucking outrageous the things that get lumped in under the sex offender umbrella.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Forty years ago it was a funny million seller song about a humorous act. Now it's a sex crime. Kinda like Coward of the County and the **** storyline.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Forty years ago it was a funny million seller song about a humorous act. Now it's a sex crime. Kinda like Coward of the County and the **** storyline.

What about this classic from The Crystals?

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
A video of Adamek streaking during a game against a rival team
Aren't pretty much all sporting events against a rival team/person?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
What happens to school administrators and politicians that causes them to completely forget about what life as a youth is really like to the point where they think that an idiot streaking is going to ruin other youths' lives?

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
There are many stories like this. People put on the registry for mooning other cars (that had kids in them) or urinating in public. It's just fucking outrageous the things that get lumped in under the sex offender umbrella.
remember, violence is ok for everyone to see on the news. but when cocks and tits are involved, you're out of line!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ugggggg, what a bunch of bullshit, i dont feel overly bad for the kid that killed himself, it is a shame but the "zero tolerance" horse shit that has started to overtake American society is so far out of hand it makes my head spin. what the fuck is wrong with people that they have to constantly involve "the law" with every fucking thing, should the kid been suspended, yep, but "sex offender" for a 15year old boy? its complete insanity.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
remember, violence is ok for everyone to see on the news. but when cocks and tits are involved, you're out of line!
This country is one of the shining examples of hypocrisy in the world.

America, fuck yeah.

FellowTraveler

Frank Reynolds is my hero
Jul 24, 2005
What happens to school administrators and politicians that causes them to completely forget about what life as a youth is really like to the point where they think that an idiot streaking is going to ruin other youths' lives?
Lawyers.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
He didn't get put on the sex offender list. Technically, he "could have". That's all. He offed himself a week after he got arrested.

Hey giraffe neck, how about you wait until things play out before you go Googling how to make a noose?

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
‘There are two kinds of people in the world; ones that brighten the room when they walk in and those that don’t,’ he said.

‘He was one that brightened the room when he walked in.
Sounds like the kid would've died of radiation poisoning anyway.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
He didn't get put on the sex offender list. Technically, he "could have". That's all. He offed himself a week after he got arrested.

Hey giraffe neck, how about you wait until things play out before you go Googling how to make a noose?
But as soon as he Googled that he was accused of a hate crime.

Dec 12, 2007
Bullshit. Does a man get on the SOL if he streaks at a game with kids in the stands?

I hope this sets a precedent for putting people on the list needlessly.

May 30, 2013
Bullshit. Does a man get on the SOL if he streaks at a game with kids in the stands?

I hope this sets a precedent for putting people on the list needlessly.
I totally agree, you should never have been put on it. That 4th grade baseball team was asking for it, bucha liars.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
I've said it before and I'll say it again, When you hear someone is a sex offender your first thought should not be,"I wonder if they are really a sex offender?".