Movie Terminator: Dark Fate will open on 11/1/19! With James Cameron and Tim Miller!

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I wonder if he will directly contradict events in intervening films by intent, ignore them and fuck the consequences, taken them into account and not contradict, or incorporate them into the premise.

Hopefully he's learned from Ridley lately what not to do.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I wonder if he will directly contradict events in intervening films by intent, ignore them and fuck the consequences, taken them into account and not contradict, or incorporate them into the premise.

Hopefully he's learned from Ridley lately what not to do.
I think it's very safe to assume that T3, Salvation and Genisys will be ignored completely. With the time travel aspect in place it's very easy to do so.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
http://collider.com/terminator-6-timeline-explained-by-james-cameron/

James Cameron Says His New ‘Terminator’ Movie Will Ignore All Post-‘T2’ Sequels
by Matt Goldberg September 27, 2017

The Terminator franchise has slowly been ground into a fine powder in the 26 years since T2: Judgment Day hit theaters. Every attempt to revive the series has fallen flat from a direct sequel (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines) to one that ditched Arnold Schwarzenegger’s terminator to focus on John Connor (Terminator: Salvation) to one that attempted to be a time-hopping legacyquel (Terminator: Genisys) and each one does worse at the domestic box office than the one that came before.

Perhaps series’ creator James Cameron can reverse that trend by being involved in the latest installment in the franchise, which Tim Miller (Deadpool) will direct. The idea for the new film is that it will kick off a trilogy with Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton set to return and passing the torch to a new, young female lead. Additionally, the writers room, which includes David Goyer, Charles Eglee, Josh Friedman, Justin Rhodes and Skydance head David Ellison, want to focus on the A.I.-fueled anxiety we face from Amazon drones, social networks, and other current events relating to technology.

Speaking to THR, Cameron says that the upcoming trilogy will ignore everything that came after T2, referring to those movies as a “bad dream”:

“This is a continuation of the story from Terminator 1 and Terminator 2. And we’re pretending the other films were a bad dream. Or an alternate timeline, which is permissible in our multi-verse. This was really driven more by [Tim] than anybody, surprisingly, because I came in pretty agnostic about where we took it. The only thing I insisted on was that we somehow revamp it and reinvent it for the 21st century.”

Here’s what Cameron said two years ago about Terminator: Genisys:

“I start to see things I recognize. It’s being very respectful of first two films. Then all of the sudden, it just swerves. And now I’m going on a journey. I feel like the franchise has been reinvigorated, like this is a renaissance”

You may recall that Terminator: Genisys was borderline unwatchable.

While I doubt anyone will miss the last three sequels being considered canon, I don’t know how much hope we can have for yet another reboot. It’s possible that fans are just tired of the characters and that what was previously exciting back in 1991 may no longer hold any interest to a modern audience no matter how socially relevant you make it. Genisys included a nod to our reliance on smartphones, and that didn’t make the film any better. Just because Cameron and Miller are talking to scientists who are “afraid” of A.I., that doesn’t mean anything with regards to crafting a better story and better characters.

Additionally, Miller and Cameron kind of tip their hand when they say they’re looking at this new Terminator franchise as something similar to the new Star Wars movies where they can hand the baton off to a new, younger cast. So yeah, A.I. is becoming terrifying and all that stuff, but look at how much money those Star Wars movies made:

“A lot of this is handing off the baton to a new generation of characters. We’re starting a search for an 18-something young woman to essentially be the new centerpiece of these stories. And then a number of other characters around her and characters from the future. We still fold time in the story in intriguing ways. But we have Arnold’s character and Linda’s character to anchor it. Somewhere across there, and I won’t say where, the baton gets passed, so to speak.”

The upcoming Terminator film will open July 26, 2019.

Stig

A Bigly Bad Hombre.
Let me get this straight - Linda Hamilton is going to be in this? Didn't she royally fuck Cameron over in the divorce?
Maybe he's gonna make her "Do Her Own Stunts..." *wink*

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Let me get this straight - Linda Hamilton is going to be in this? Didn't she royally fuck Cameron over in the divorce?
Maybe he's gonna make her "Do Her Own Stunts..." *wink*
The final confrontation is Arnold and Linda throwing their walkers and Geritol at each other.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I will give them a tiny, very tiny, bit of credit.

The fact they are self aware enough to ignore and effectively retcon all the garbage is at least a slight bit encouraging.

It's going to liquid dog shit, but they deserve that small bit of recognition.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Tim Miller’s Terminator has found its new Sarah Connor! Face of the Franchise! The less hot robot from Blade Runner 2049!

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/mackenzie-davis-terminator-reboot-1202719960/

If Denis Villeneuve gets swallowed up in a Dune quagmire I wonder if we’ll look back at BR49 as a cursed movie ten years from now.
I don't know. There's something about her I dig.

Besides, it wouldn't be a Dune quagmire that kills him. It'll be, "Cleopatra is a splendid idea!"

I also think Terminator Nu is a bad idea altogether. Don't care who's involved or who's making it. Let it rest. LET IT DIE!!

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
https://movieweb.com/terminator-6-cast-gabriel-luna/

Gabriel Luna Is the New Terminator

Ryan Scott

170shares

We have our new Terminator. Gabriel Luna, best known as the Robbie Reyes version of Ghost Rider on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, has landed a major role in the upcoming Terminator 6, which will once again reboot the series. While Luna has had some success in Hollywood in the past, this is a huge role and will help to truly put him on the map.

James Cameron, though not directing, is heavily involved as a producer and, along with director Tim Miller (Deadpool), they've selected Gabriel Luna for the very important role in Terminator 6. While he's going to portray a new version of the famed sci-fi creation, Arnold Schwarzenegger is still set to return once again as the T-800 model. Linda Hamilton is also on board to reprise her role as Sarah Connor for the first time since Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Even though this movie will serve as a reboot, it will serve as a direct sequel to T2 and will ignore the last three installments, which haven't done much for fans or critics.

In addition to Gabriel Luna as the new Terminator, Natalia Reyes (Lady, La Vendedora de Rosa), has also landed an unspecified role in the movie. Diego Boneta (Scream Queens), who was in talks previously, has reportedly closed his deal for a role as well. They join a cast that also includes Blade Runner 2049 star Mackenzie Davis. Tim Miller and James Cameron have said that the hope is for this new movie to kick off a trilogy of new Terminator movies, so this will likely be a cast that we'll follow for several movies. Or, that's the hope at least.

Arnold Schwarzenegger recently had to undergo heart surgery, which he's been recovering from. While Paramount says it's unrelated, they recently delayed the release date for Terminator 6. Originally, the reboot was scheduled to arrive in July of 2019, but now it's been delayed to November 22, 2019. Even if the delay truly doesn't have anything to so with Schwarzenegger's recovery, it will give him more time to get back on his feet and makes it so they won't have to rush the process. It's been far too long since we've had a good movie in the franchise and it's better if they take the time needed to ensure this one is as good as can be.

Plot details are currently being kept under wraps for Terminator 6, but we know for sure they aren't going to pick up any of the plot threads left behind by the disastrous Terminator: Genisys. Production was scheduled to begin this summer, but it isn't clear if the release date change will delay the start of filming as well. Whatever the case may be on that front, the cast for this new movie is coming together. David S. Goyer (Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice) is writing the screenplay for the reboot. This news comes to us courtesy of Deadline.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
So...where is John?

And I'm glad Hamilton is back. She is among a very short list of actresses who have convincingly pulled of the "bad ass chick" role.

List includes Vasquez from Aliens, Weaver, and River from firefly, in a totally different way.