Movie Terminator: Dark Fate will open on 11/1/19! With James Cameron and Tim Miller!

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
It's getting silly with the time travel, you could theoretically have a terminator come back over and and overcast different times until they get lucky.
That's going by the old "mechanics" of sci-fi time travel. It's generally posited in modern sci-fi that you can't really change anything, but actually spur an alternate timeline by the attempt, or that that universe already existed for you to do that. I think Cameron has already embraced that by default saying he's not fucking with the previous films and series, so...in a sense he's theoretically acknowledging SKYNET can never change anything

Anyhow, Terminator 4 was supposed to break that wheel by moving us up to John's day and leaving all that crap behind. It was a novel way of turning things on their head, and pretty underrated.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
This is my most dreaded "movie I guess I have to see" for 2019.

And I know Dark Phoenix is coming out next month.
This is my "I'm dreading this...but it has a small chance of being good" movie this year. I have no such hopes for Dark Sansa.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
This is my most dreaded "movie I guess I have to see" for 2019.

And I know Dark Phoenix is coming out next month.
Nobody has to see Dark Phoenix.

I'm not dreading this. The only movie that I'd dread seeing is The Joker, but I will probably just skip that. I happen to be on vacation the week it comes out, so any peer pressure to see it will be muted by the time I get back.

Can you guess what my most anticipated movie is for balance of 2019? (Hint - it's not this, it's not Star Wars, and it's not Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.)

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

I'm not dreading this. The only movie that I'd dread seeing is The Joker, but I will probably just skip that. I happen to be on vacation the week it comes out, so any peer pressure to see it will be muted by the time I get back.

Can you guess what my most anticipated movie is for balance of 2019? (Hint - it's not this, it's not Star Wars, and it's not Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.)
Wonder Woman 2? MIB:I?

Bobobie

What's the point? Linda Hamilton looks a piece of jerky, no hot chicks, and the premise has been beaten to death with newer and better franchises over the past 30 years. I didn't even watch the last one. It's gonna be a hard sell to bring back any fans of the first two films.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy

Is there a new Paul Thomas Anderson movie?

(Serious Answer: I'm torn between Lion King and Jumanji ... Is it Jumanji?)

Pigdango

Donator
Wonder Woman 2? MIB:I?
Wonder Woman 2 comes out next year. Men in Black International has gone up on my anticipation meter with the 2nd trailer, but...not even close.

Is there a new Paul Thomas Anderson movie?

(Serious Answer: I'm torn between Lion King and Jumanji ... Is it Jumanji?)
Lion King is another movie I'm hoping to avoid in theaters. Like Beauty and the Beast, I don't think there's a way to improve on the original simply by making it "live action."

I liked Jumanji more than I thought I would, but I still don't think I'll see Jumanji 3 in theaters.

I thought you'd at least have guessed Hobbs and Shaw. That's probably in my top 5 most anticipated movies for balance of year.

I'll give you three more hints:

A) Not released by the Disney or any of it's studios

B) Here are my top 5 most anticipated films balance of year, minus #1

1) ________ ________ _________
2) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
3) Godzilla King of Monsters
4) Hobbs and Shaw
5) Rambo: Last Blood (A trailer could move this up a few notches, but I loved the last Rambo film.)

Rise of Skywalker and #RealSpidey2 are probably 6 and 7 on the list.

LiddyRules

Wonder Woman 2 comes out next year. Men in Black International has gone up on my anticipation meter with the 2nd trailer, but...not even close.

Lion King is another movie I'm hoping to avoid in theaters. Like Beauty and the Beast, I don't think there's a way to improve on the original simply by making it "live action."

I liked Jumanji more than I thought I would, but I still don't think I'll see Jumanji 3 in theaters.

I thought you'd at least have guessed Hobbs and Shaw. That's probably in my top 5 most anticipated movies for balance of year.

I'll give you three more hints:

A) Not released by the Disney or any of it's studios

B) Here are my top 5 most anticipated films balance of year, minus #1

1) ________ ________ _________
2) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
3) Godzilla King of Monsters
4) Hobbs and Shaw
5) Rambo: Last Blood (A trailer could move this up a few notches, but I loved the last Rambo film.)

Rise of Skywalker and #RealSpidey2 are probably 6 and 7 on the list.
A Dog's Journey?

Pigdango

Donator
Going through the release schedule, there are a few films I'm interested to learn more about.

Midway, directed by Roland Emmerich with a...weird cast.
Motherless Brooklyn, Ed Norton's first directorial gig since Keeping the Faith.
Zombieland 2...I guess?
The Hunt, because Leftovers!

LiddyRules

Going through the release schedule, there are a few films I'm interested to learn more about.

Midway, directed by Roland Emmerich with a...weird cast.
Motherless Brooklyn, Ed Norton's first directorial gig since Keeping the Faith.
Zombieland 2...I guess?
The Hunt, because Leftovers!
Midway sounds like Pearl Harbor with a cast 10 years too late.

The Hunt was a Mads Mikkelsen movie from like 5 years ago. I don't know new Hunt.

I'll check the list later.