Movie Terminator: Genisys (5th) Arnold is Back? Oh GOOOOOOOOD for HIM! July 1, 2015

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/22/arnold-schwarzenegger-to-appear-in-terminator-5/

Briefly: our man Patrick Dane is down at the London junket for The Last Stand and he reports back, in short, that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be appearing in the next Terminator movie. Arnold said so himself.
The big man listed the film as being on his upcoming slate alongside Triplets and the next Conan picture.
Arnold was being linked to Terminator again back when Justin Lin was developing the next film, but we had no idea that he was involved in the current Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier version until now. I’m glad he is.
Quite what role a ‘significantly older’ Arnold would play in the film remains to be seen. The model for the original T-800 seems like a fairly good bet, so would some motion capture of de-ageing FX.
http://screenrant.com/arnold-schwarzenegger-terminator-5/

Terminator 5 showed new signs of life last week, with reports emerging that a pair of screenwriters have been recruited by Oscar-nominated Zero Dark Thirty producer Megan Ellison. The Annapurna Pictures mogul is rapidly evolving into the next Harvey Weinstein, as the SR Underground Crew half-joked in the Last Stand podcast. Hence, it’s no surprise she’s managed to keep the sci-fi cash cow afloat (even without a director nor star formerly attached, that is).
However, the T-800 himself Arnold Schwarzenegger promises he’ll be appearing in the fifth Terminator installment, even amidst recent speculation about whether or not that remains the plan (not to mention, if that’s indeed a good idea).
Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (My Bloody Valentine 3D) are currently putting together a Terminator 5 script for Ellison, nearly two years after the budding Hollywood power player purchased the Terminator franchise rights. Some of our readers have speculated that the plan is for T5 to return the series to its roots, by resurrecting the format of James Cameron’s original movie – which combines slasher tropes with sci-fi pop action – and moving away from the mythos building that culminated in Terminator Salvation (similar to how Riddick is taking the Vin Diesel franchise back to its Pitch Black origin, after Chronicles of Riddick). That would explain the hiring of a writing duo like Kalogridis and Lussier, who have complimentary backgrounds in the sci-fi and horror genre.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
A Twins sequel and another Conan movie with Arnold? Ugh.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
they might be complete horseshit but i'll no doubt watch them all

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
He was too old to be in the last terminator... give it up arnie you old bag of farts.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I wonder if Bale is going to be in it. Salvation was kind of his "Hey, I'm a celebrity now" movie. And I'm sure Sam Worthington doesn't have anything better to do.

And I think Salvation worse than Rise of the Machines.

And The Sarah Connor Chronicles was probably the best thing to happen to Terminator since T2. Not including graphic novels or what not, because I'm only talking about things people care about.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Ewwww Triplets?.......Starring: Swarzenegger, DeVito, and Murphy.....
Teaser plot line: Julius and Vincent Benedict discover they have a third sibling......
Bets on who the third sibling is?

Too bad there won't be lines like:
Vincent: You mean we're related to a N1gger!!!???!!!
Julius: A N1GGER????!!!!!! NAwilaaaaawwww! (breaks table and chairs in a rage.)
And if you stop and think about it...Twins was about the hysterical side to naziism. Trying to make a superman.

Last edited:

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Ewwww Triplets?.......Starring: Swarzenegger, DeVito, and Murphy.....
Teaser plot line: Julius and Vincent Benedict discover they have a third sibling......
Bets on who the third sibling is?

Too bad there won't be lines like:
Vincent: You mean we're related to a N1gger!!!???!!!
Julius: A N1GGER????!!!!!! NAwilaaaaawwww! (breaks table and chairs in a rage.)
And if you stop and think about it...Twins was about the hysterical side to naziism.
The main characters in Twins were Jules and Vincent?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I'm wondering if they go the route of mad inventor or some shit for Arnie.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I never put that together. Is Eddie Murphy's character going to be named Marvin?

I thought HBC invented the Terminators. Then Sam Worthington tore that emotions chip out of his neck and through a chair in her computer face like the Mac 1984 commercial.

There's so much about Terminator Salvation that I'm beginning to wonder if I hallucinated.

I was imagining Arnie in role as mad scientist and I realized I was just thinking of the Patrice impression. (Is that seriously not on YouTube?)

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I never put that together. Is Eddie Murphy's character going to be named Marvin?
I bet they'll go cute with naming Eddie's character Arnold Benedict...and he betrays Jules and Vincent.

Last edited:

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
It's certainly way more boringer. And T3 at least kinda makes fun of itself a little.

We should totally HitW T3 and Salvation back to back.
I'm in!

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
It's certainly way more boringer. And T3 at least kinda makes fun of itself a little.

We should totally HitW T3 and Salvation back to back.
I'm going to be busy this weekend so cannot this weekend, but I would be up for it some weekend.

I think T3 at least tries to be Terminator-y while Terminator Salvation tries too hard to be Transformersy. Like there is a bit of the darkness in T3 while TS has nothing of the sort. Though I will always feel uncomfortable about T3 for "this battery in my chest is a nuclear bomb. I'm sure that won't come into play later in the picture."

I also like the two movie format, which is why I want to figure out something to do with The Spirit and Sucker Punch before we start on the adventure. Also, the Transformers 2/3 Explosion Spectacularrrrr will be a whopping 304 minutes. Terminator 3/4 will be 227 minutes.

If we do all three horrible Superman movies in a row, it can range from 369 to 413 minutes since apparently there's a 90 minute version of Superman IV and a 134 minute version of Superman IV. I don't know which I've seen, but I'm pretty sure it's the 90 minutes. I think I need to see the 134 minute version of Superman IV whether or not we do it for this thread. Superman IV was the one with

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
It's been so many years since I've seen the Superman sequels that it'll be totally nostalgic and hilarious for me to watch them now.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
It's been so many years since I've seen the Superman sequels that it'll be totally nostalgic and hilarious for me to watch them now.
It would be a delightful mix of 80s cheese and fanboyness that we can't really get with the newer movies.

And even though effects have come a long way since the 1980s, imagine if Superman Returns had the tone of this.

EDIT: And another good thing would be we can combine those two clusterfucks with how Superman Returns still managed to get it wrong. Though I think three movies in one night would be pushing it. Though we might be able to link Superman Returns with Spider-Man 3 as the franchise killers, and the Amazing Spider-Man (which I know fandango86 wanted to do) with The Spirit as ... I don't know, superheroes or something.

I won't be free this weekend or the weekend of the 9th, but I will be the weekend of the 16th. Both nights probable. I can't believe I'm basing schedules around watching comic book movies on the Internet.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
So basically Superman 3 was just like Die Hard 4.
It's a bit more complicated than Die Hard IV. I can't tell if I'm meaning that as a joke or seriously or both.

EDIT: I will give credit to Superman IV above Superman Returns for one thing. At least he fights a dude.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
It's a bit more complicated than Die Hard IV. I can't tell if I'm meaning that as a joke or seriously or both.

EDIT: I will give credit to Superman IV above Superman Returns for one thing. At least he fights a dude.
I will have to say I love how Jon Cryer was apparently filming this and Hiding Out at the same time..... same hair, just reversed coloring

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I will have to say I love how Jon Cryer was apparently filming this and Hiding Out at the same time..... same hair, just reversed coloring
He's a stock broker on the run from the mob so he hides out in a high school. What of it?