Terminator Salvation

ratedRsuperstar

...when McCainia runs wild on you!!!!
i think there may be a thread on this already but the search yielded no results and i'm too lazy to look but...
filmwad.com said:
News > Terminator 4 Update From Producer
Written by David Morgan

James Middleton, producer of The Sarah Connor Chronicles, is overseeing the untitled fourth installment of the Terminator series and gave IGN these tidbits of fact (we got them via Comingsoon.net).

Firstly, Terminator 4 is expected to be the first of three new movies. A second trilogy if you will.

T4 is being "done" by The Halycon Company and written by Michael Ferris and John D. Brancato, who wrote T3: Rise of the Machines.

There's no director yet, though they're hoping to begin pre-production by sometime in October to get a 2009 release.

The film will take place immediately after the events of T3. John Connor and Kate Brewster are in the script, though there's no word on whether or not Nick Stahl or Claire Danes will be playing them.

The movie will have a new hero who has been influenced by John Connor's leadership.

All that info and no mention as to whether or not Arnold will be in it? Well, I suppose it's safe to say that the Governator can't get back in the kind of shape necessary to play a terminator. He wouldn't say no to a cameo for the right price though, would he?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Isn't this in legal battles right now?

ratedRsuperstar

i think they settled. i think it was between production and distribution. something like one of them doesn't exist anymore and sold blah blah to blah blah blah

i don't care as long as they can make a decent sci fi movie(s) without any "you tube" references

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
i think it was between production and distribution.

Does the phrase, "Straight to DVD" mean anything to you?

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
They better hope that at least Stahl and Danes agree to do it. They need at least a couple of familiar faces to make up for no Arnold.

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
as if 3 weren't bad enough, they might as well call this one: Terminator 4: WTF were we thinking?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Was it really any worse then the first one?
Jesus, how young are you? The first Terminator was fantastic. The third movie was not even in the same league as the first 2.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
But . . . I saw the leaked copy of the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Doesn't that completely negate the entire third movie? How can they make a fourth one?

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Jesus, how young are you? The first Terminator was fantastic. The third movie was not even in the same league as the first 2.
Odds are I'm older then you. You don't have to question a persons age, it's just wrong. I don't have to like the same movies you do.

I didn't say the movies sucked. I just said that the new one wasn't any worse then the first one.

ShavedLebaneseBear

Question: What kind of bear is best?
Oct 17, 2002
West Coast
I thought T3 rocked, and looking back, T2 stinks. I liked the fact that the first 2 movies meant nothing, as far as stopping the nukes from dropping. I also liked that in T3, the Teminator was the mindless killer he is supposed to be, not some nice robot who can't kill anybody because he was ordered not to. He eventually would kill John in the future, by using their past "relationship" against him. That rules.
T2 was too cutesy, with the whole surrogate father thing. When Ahnold gives the thumbs up at the end, I want to puke. :icon_roll

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Odds are I'm older then you. You don't have to question a persons age, it's just wrong. I don't have to like the same movies you do.

I didn't say the movies sucked. I just said that the new one wasn't any worse then the first one.
Sorry, I just assumed it was a "bad graphics/slow plot" complaint, which is usually the complaint of younger viewers. I couldn't think of anything alse in the first movie to complain about.

Now the third movie; sub-par plot, continuity issues and bad acting.

I actually liked the third movie, to an extent, but T1 is a classic.

And I'd almost take that age bet.;)

I thought T3 rocked, and looking back, T2 stinks. I liked the fact that the first 2 movies meant nothing, as far as stopping the nukes from dropping. I also liked that in T3, the Teminator was the mindless killer he is supposed to be, not some nice robot who can't kill anybody because he was ordered not to. He eventually would kill John in the future, by using their past "relationship" against him. That rules.
T2 was too cutesy, with the whole surrogate father thing. When Ahnold gives the thumbs up at the end, I want to puke. :icon_roll
Go back and watch the director's cut. In that version they actually re-set his brain chip so he would learn human ideas, like not to kill. The whole surrogate father thing was essential for turning john into his future freedom fighter self. As the Term learned to be human, John learned how a term thinks.

And you do realize that all three arnold terms were different robots, right? They are just the same model.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I know the Predator franchise is pretty much in the shitter but does anyone remember the Predator VS Terminator comic?

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I know the Predator franchise is pretty much in the shitter but does anyone remember the Predator VS Terminator comic?
Heard of it, but never got to read it.

I still say they should do another Predator. I think a predator in Baghdad would be good.

ratedRsuperstar

i used to have a robocop vs. terminator game on my sega. it was a bloody, side-scrolling shooter. i used to love i because of the over the top blood effects

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
But . . . I saw the leaked copy of the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Doesn't that completely negate the entire third movie? How can they make a fourth one?
not really according to reports its set between 2 and 3 and well you can change things with Time Travel