Terra Nova : Mondays on FOX... and SKY1 is Cancelled

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
Gotta say it was a pretty entertaining start. Imagine Lost and Jurassic Park being mushed together for a TV series. I will definitely continue to watch this show. Thoughts?

[video=youtube;W9lzcqo6sxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9lzcqo6sxc[/video]

Dec 12, 2007
I didn't watch but its not tongue and cheek avatar refernces is it? It seems like a avatar bandwagon type show and avatar bored me todeath.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
We kinda trashed it in the New Fall Shows thread, but I haven't even watched the entire episode. There were just a few things in the first half hour that were pretty douchy and bad.

sillyfuck

Wackbag Uncle Tom
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
I liked it, but it looks too expensive to continue.

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
We kinda trashed it in the New Fall Shows thread, but I haven't even watched the entire episode. There were just a few things in the first half hour that were pretty douchy and bad.
To be honest It was kinda iffy the first hour but as long as they don't mess up the story it should be a fun show. It has everything it needs to be great, it all depends on the writers at this points... And maybe they could up the budget a little and get some ILM dinosaurs.

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
I didn't watch but its not tongue and cheek avatar refernces is it? It seems like a avatar bandwagon type show and avatar bored me todeath.
It has the military commander from Avatar and he kinda over acts (his stances are hilarious) but other than that they haven't tread into that territory yet. Of course it is only the first show.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I'd like to know why everyone aren't armed? Especially when outside the compound.

Just seems silly to be dependent on JBT's for your self preservation in a very hostile era.

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
I'd like to know why everyone aren't armed? Especially when outside the compound.

Just seems silly to be dependent on JBT's for your self preservation in a very hostile era.
Those are teens that snuck out. Watch the show. The gentleman sent to retrieve the teens were very much armed.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Those are teens that snuck out. Watch the show. The gentleman sent to retrieve the teens were very much armed.

Yes, the JBT's went to get the teens.

However, the n00bs walked unarmed to the compound through various dangerous creature territories protected by JBT's. Common sense would dictate all should be armed. Not just a few select people.

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
Isn't it already like the largest budgeted pilot in TV history?
IDK but if that true it wasn't spend on the dinosaurs. It's a long pilot though, 3 hrs without commercials. Monday was just the first part. I think that and the location is what is sucked up all that money. The dinosaurs aren't even at a Jurassic Park (1993) level of quality and even those dinosaurs haven't aged well.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
I liked it, but it looks too expensive to continue.
I think they are only doing 12 or 15 episodes for the season. Similar to a cable show. So it won't cost a ton for the season. If I remember right it's only going till jan and then Alcatraz starts in it's spot.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Go to the new Fall shows thread, we had fun there.

How can they mess up the story when all they've seemed to have thought through is "people and dinosaurs! Go with it!"?

I also don't think the compound is large enough to handle that many people.

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
Yes, the JBT's went to get the teens.

However, the n00bs walked unarmed to the compound through various dangerous creature territories protected by JBT's. Common sense would dictate all should be armed. Not just a few select people.
Yeah but if you look at the world in future earth you see a strict controlling regime that probably doesn't allow civilians to own weapons.

The idea of settlers living under the protection of the police force makes sense considering how things were run on future earth.

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
I also don't think the compound is large enough to handle that many people.
How about we wait and watch. It's only the first episode. In fact there was a scene were someone mentions that they want to send 100 people on the next pilgrimage and the General type was none too happy.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Yeah, I'm going to watch the rest of the episode tonight. I'm still curious to see where they go with this show. It looked to me like they were setting up an episodic detective show, except in an exotic location. That sounds awful, but reading some of these posts, I'm getting the sense that that isn't the concept.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
How about we wait and watch. It's only the first episode. In fact there was a scene were someone mentions that they want to send 100 people on the next pilgrimage and the General type was none too happy.
How about ... FUCK YOU!!!! *double middle finger and out*

Yeah, I'm going to watch the rest of the episode tonight. I'm still curious to see where they go with this show. It looked to me like they were setting up an episodic detective show, except in an exotic location. That sounds awful, but reading some of these posts, I'm getting the sense that that isn't the concept.
Oh I didn't get the episodic detective show at all. It seems more like Lost where it's about these people surviving in an exotic location while being hunted by dinosaurs and Others. Except with an annoying whiny brat as the lead. ("MY DAD DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ME!!" "Maybe he understands you better than you think..." "Woah...wait aren't you like 25?" "There ain't no laws here in Terra Nova.")

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Also, can people just learn to use fucking apostrophes? It really isn't that hard. Mondays on Fox. Not Monday's, for christ sake.

PS: Sky1 is a channel in the UK.