Texas Rangers Score 30 Runs against Orioles

Did anyone see this game? I got a call from my Dad around 8:30 telling me to turn on ESPN News and check out the score of this game. It was the most runs scored by a team in 110 years, and 2 players each had 2 hrs, a grand slam, and 7 RBI. Fucking ridiculous.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
espn.com/mlb/recap

ESPN.COM news services said:
• Summary: After looking at the score, it's hard to beleive the Orioles led this game 3-0 at one point. The Rangers' 30 runs sets a modern MLB record, surpassing the mark of 29 runs that were scored by the Red Sox (June 8, 1950) and White Sox (April 23, 1955). It's the second-most runs all-time as the Chicago Colts (now the Cubs) scored 36 against the Louisville Colonels on June 29, 1897. Jarrod Saltalamacchia led the Rangers' charge, going 4-for-6 with two homers, five runs and seven RBIs.

• Home run heroes: Ramon Vazquez had two homers, while Travis Metcalf and Marlon Byrd both hit grand slams.

• Anyone got the Ravens' number?: The Baltimore Ravens, who play across the parking lot from the Orioles, haven't allowed 30 points since Week 12 in 2005.

• More scoring notes: The Rangers are the first team with four players (Metcalf, Byrd, Saltalamacchia, Vazquez) with four RBIs since the Phillies on May 17, 1979 (Rose, Maddux, Schmidt, Boone). This is the sixth time that a team has scored 9+ runs in two innings.

-- ESPN.com news services
----

didn't see it myself, but theres some info for ya'll

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
heard about it while I was checking the sox game on xm (love getting out of market games, especially during playoff race)

Funny after the yanks lose last night I was wondering to myself what was the biggest scoring game, guess I got my answer

yeah and that one guy from the braves trade was one of the players to have 7 rbi...the catcher with the long last name i don't feel like typing out

ha ha and they are playing a double header....30-3...that's a fucking football score, think they're playing the 2nd game now....and the orioles probably have no bullpen left ha ha

MJMANDALAY

Funny after the Yanks last night I was wondering to myself what was the biggest scoring game, guess I got my answer
That's just nuts

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
yeah and that one guy from the braves trade was one of the players to have 7 rbi...the catcher with the long last name i don't feel like typing out

ha ha and they are playing a double header....30-3...that's a fucking football score, think they're playing the 2nd game now....and the orioles probably have no bullpen left ha ha

His name is Jarrod Saltalamacchia. He is only 22 years old. I am friends with his other brother, who had 2 years in the minor leagues with the Braves.

His name is Jarrod Saltalamacchia. He is only 22 years old. I am friends with his other brother, who had 2 years in the minor leagues with the Braves.
yeah! Jarrod Saltalamacchia!!! thats awesome you are friends with his brother...seems like that Texiera trade is working out for both sides... :clap: