Thaddeus McCotter: Yea or Nay?

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
He's bald, he's got a really nasal voice, he's got a weird name, he looks like the guy you used to copy during math tests in middle school...

But he's really, really funny in a deadpan way, he's brilliant, and he's got this weird charisma about him if you actually listen to him long enough and give him a chance. Of course, I've seen him for a year or two on Red Eye, and he's been great on there, so that effects my view of him.

I don't think he's electable to POTUS, but it's speculated that he'll be announcing soon.

What do you guys think of him? Have you seen him on Red Eye, and did that effect your POV of him?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Gutfeld/Levy - Kingmakers. I like the sound of that.

Plus, he's a rock guitarist. About time we had one of those in office.

I don't know that much about him, but yes, something about a guy who can routinely go on a show like Red Eye is sits well with me.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Gutfeld/Levy - Kingmakers. I like the sound of that.

Plus, he's a rock guitarist. About time we had one of those in office.

I don't know that much about him, but yes, something about a guy who can routinely go on a show like Red Eye is sits well with me.
I want a Red Eye Nation T-shirt.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
i'm always a little happier when he's on the redeye panel. I'd vote for him, how bad could it turn out.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
A name like Thaddeus McCotter says "I'm in charge of something." I like it.

Aug 11, 2005
I still like Ron Paul

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
If he starts talking about hope and change...he's got my vote. I love hope and change.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
@ThadMcCotter
Under stormy skies at #WAAM Freedom Fest, I announced 4 GOP nomination 4 President & wasn't struck by lightning.
I don't think atrocious grammar is indicative of Presidental material. Since when is the number 4 considered a word in the Queen's English? Would we want Beerbelly as president?

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Aside from Romney he'd probably make the best POTUS out of anyone currently running or considering running from either party.

I just wish the 22nd Amendment had never been ratified and Bill was still POTUS

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I'm going with "Nay." Interesting he endorsed Romney so quickly. Somebody's jockeying for an appointment...

Thaddeus McCotter ends GOP bid, citing "death by media"; backs Romney
September 22, 2011 | 4:56 pm

Rep. Thaddeus McCotter of Michigan, a candidate for in the GOP presidential race since July, withdrew his name from the running Thursday, hours before the latest Republican debate, to which he was again not invited.

He released the following statement:

Today, September 22, 2011, U.S. Representative Thaddeus G. McCotter (MI) has issued the following statement:

“Today, effective immediately, I have withdrawn my candidacy to become the Republican Party’s nominee for the Office of President of the United States of America.

“I have decided to seek re-election to continue to serve as your United States Representative for Michigan’s new 11th Congressional District; and, I am committed to promoting and implementing a platform of principled conservatism.

“Truly, Michigan and America’s best days are ahead of us because of you. Together we will transcend our challenges; revitalize our economy; defend our freedom; and bequeath our exceptional nation to our children.”

McCotter has been unable to reach the polling levels required by the various news organizations to participate in any of the GOP debates since he announced his candidacy. For the Thursday Fox News/Google debate, it was at least 1% of support in five national polls.

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, who had not been in a debate since the first one in May in South Carolina, cleared the hurdle and will be on the stage in Orlando for tonight's debate.

In an interview with the Detroit News, McCotter said, "If they keep you out of the debates, you are out of the conversation, and you can't run. It was sort of death by media."

In the same piece, McCotter said he would throw his support behind his home state's former govenor, Mitt Romney, saying, "Especially with his business background and in a stagnant economy, he may be the most electable."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/was...op-bid-cites-death-by-media-backs-romney.html

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I'm going with "Nay." Interesting he endorsed Romney so quickly. Somebody's jockeying for an appointment...
Well here is enough evidence to show I wouldn't have voted for him:

In the same piece, McCotter said he would throw his support behind his home state's former govenor, Mitt Romney, saying, "Especially with his business background and in a stagnant economy, he may be the most electable."
Not the best candidate, not the best for the country, the most electable. Great way to vote for the leader of the free world.