Thai Senator kills Secretary with an Uzi

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
13 August 2012 Last updated at 13:26 ET

Thai MP Boonsong Kowawisarat 'accidentally kills secretary'

It's not clear if Mr Boonsong realised that the gun was loaded

Police in Thailand say that they will charge a member of the Thai parliament with causing death by negligence for accidentally shooting his secretary dead with a submachine gun.

They say that the accident happened in a restaurant on Sunday night.

Senator Boonsong Kowawisarat took out a 9mm Uzi submachine gun while waiting for food, the Bangkok Post reported.

He told police the gun accidentally discharged and his secretary was shot in the stomach.

Police say that the shooting happened in Phrae province, northern Thailand.

Police say that because Mr Boonsong was in shock after the incident, the restaurant owner rushed the secretary to hospital where she succumbed to gunshot wounds.

Correspondents say that it is not clear whether Mr Boonsong knew the gun was loaded before the shooting.

"From our initial inquiry, the secretary's family will not sue because they were relatives and it was an accident - he did not mean to do it," a local police officer told AFP by telephone.

Officials said it was also unclear why the senator was armed at the meal.

Police have yet to arrest the senator - a member of the upper house of the Thai parliament - as he is protected by parliamentary privilege, the Bangkok Post reported.

Mr Boonsong faces a maximum of 10 years imprisonment and a 20,000 baht ($636;£405) fine if convicted.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19247135

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Somebody wanna call a goddamn paramedic?

There is so much I enjoy about this story.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
See?

If they had the same kind of gun laws as Chicago this wouldn't have happened!

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Uzis are notoriously prone to this stuff. He could be telling the truth.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Uzis are notoriously prone to this stuff. He could be telling the truth.
Nah, I bet he was banging her and she was gonna squeal.

That'll teach her. Snitches get stitches..... or worse. ;)

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Thais are weird, man. They actually have an aircraft carrier, the Chakri Naruebet, but it's only really used as the yacht for the royal family.

When you combined Buddhism with a military, you get some weird stuff.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
We should send Feinstein and Reid over there to investigate. They'll get that nasty gun problem under control.

I can relate, my grenade launcher went off in Taco Spico the other day. Shit happens.

Mr Boonsong faces a maximum of 10 years imprisonment and a 20,000 baht ($636;£405) fine if convicted. - Quite the fine...

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
The next video game character I name will be Boonsong.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Lil update:

(CNN) -- A Thai politician accidentally shot and killed his former wife and personal secretary with a submachine gun in a restaurant in northern Thailand, local police said Monday.

Senator Boonsong Kowawisarat was dining with Chanakarn Detkard and four others on Sunday when he took out an Uzi 9mm sub-machine gun, police said.

"Senator Boonsong's gun was accidentally fired off while he was trying to keep his pistol into its case. The shot went straight into his secretary who was having dinner," Police Lt. Colonel Choosak Pulsawat told CNN.

The police officer said that Boonsong had been separated from his wife for a while but they were currently living together.

He added that Boonsong had permission to own such a weapon.

Police have initially charged Boonsong with causing death by negligence but he cannot be arrested while the Thai parliament is in session -- unless the parliament rules otherwise.

The Bangkok Post said the charge carries a maximum sentence of 10 years imprisonment and a 20,000 baht fine (US$640).

The newspaper said that Boonsong was so shocked by the shooting that he was unable to take Chanakarn to hospital.

It is not clear why he was armed, why he took the weapon into the restaurant or whether he knew the gun was loaded.

Boonsong is a senator from Mae Hong Song province, which borders Myanmar. The incident took place in Phrae province, also in northern Thailand.

Gun ownership is common in rural Thailand but owners require a permit from the Ministry of the Interior.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Police have initially charged Boonsong with causing death by negligence
Well, it beats "leaving the scene of an accident", and a suspended sentence plea bargain.