Thanks for 20 Years, Opie and Anthony

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
To heck with it, let's see if wackbag's got anything left in the tank.

This is the 437th "Post your favorite O&A bit" thread. Hopefully this one will be the best.

With Anthony enjoying his freedom and gobs of money on TACS, and Opie and Jimmy re-signing with SiriusXM, the Opie and Anthony show has now officially come to an end. Lots of folks are sad, depressed, angry. Some might be happy or relieved. Since O&A were robbed of the chance at any kind of official 20th anniversary celebration, I guess this it.

Is it corny? Yes. Am I a giant sentimental douchebag? You betcha. But these guys gave us something in the neighborhood of FIFTEEN THOUSAND hours of great radio over the last 20 years. Not only that, but they introduced us to dozens and dozens of talented comedians (and Rich Vos), some of whom we may never have heard of if not for them. I figure the least we could do is take 5 minutes and post our favorite moments and give them a little shout out.

For those of you on twitter, I encourage you to tweet whatever clips you post with the hashtag #ThanksO&A If you're so inclined, throw a #wackbag in there too as a thanks to @zagman76 for keeping this thing going for 15 years.

I'll kick things off with the one that started it all, Anthony's first appearance on Opie's show back in 1994:

Pigdango ‏@Pigdango
5s5 seconds ago
Thanks for 20 great years @OpieRadio @AnthonyCumia @JimNorton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyKmuQMJ-DA… #ThanksO&A #wackbag

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Your #ThanksO&A hashtag doesnt work because of the &

This entire show is worth posting but i cant be arsed looking for it

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
The XM-only era ... take your pick. O & A Party Rock!!

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
The XM-only era ... take your pick. O & A Party Rock!!
Oh come on you can do better than that.

If I had to pick just one XM only era clip, it would have to be...

10:52 is the hardest I think I've ever laughed at the show.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Let us compound the sadness.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
Ok, if I had to pick one ... Pat from Moonachie's first egg nog challenge. I heard it on replay right after I subbed and almost had to pull off the road during my ride home.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I started listening during WNEW. I stopped listening some time before Patrice died.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Watching that Dale Bondanza read on TACS, which was fucking hilarious, made me revisit this bit

Obviously, has nothing to do with Opie

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Where did Ma and Pa Rules go so wrong?
You can't blame parents for someone not having a soul. Though I guess it depends on how you define a soul. But if I "[n]ever had a soul" that indicates either a) you have to be born with a soul, which you can't blame my parents for since they're not metaphysical biologists who excised soul from their naughty bits or b) parents are responsible for forming their offspring's soul, which doesn't entirely make sense either.

Sandman9R

Please, serious questions only
Jan 21, 2005
Queens, NY
In no particular order:

All the sound effects that they heavily played during the WNEW days; serious questions only segments; special days when they started the show at 2pm and not 3pm; cold walkovers; live studio audience at XM; instant feedback at WNEW; Steve C; the comedy show at Holmdel, NJ; etc.

I could go on...

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
You can't blame parents for someone not having a soul. Though I guess it depends on how you define a soul. But if I "[n]ever had a soul" that indicates either a) you have to be born with a soul, which you can't blame my parents for since they're not metaphysical biologists who excised soul from their naughty bits or b) parents are responsible for forming their offspring's soul, which doesn't entirely make sense either.
Looks like someone has chosen nature over nurture. There is a nice studio apartment cave right next to mine that is available for rent.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Looks like someone has chosen nature over nurture. There is a nice studio apartment cave right next to mine that is available for rent.
I'm just saying you can't blame or credit my parents for my soul or lack thereof.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
I can purchase a sapling from a nursery, but if I shit on it and neglect it, it's gonna die. You may have started with a perfect little soul just full of potential for a bright and happy life, and then Ma and Pa come along, tell Liddy that there will be no more Santa Claus or Easter Bunny because little Liddy got lippy while trying to watch a little Tom and Jerry, and thus the corrosion of the soul begins.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I can purchase a sapling from a nursery, but if I shit on it and neglect it, it's gonna die. You may have started with a perfect little soul just full of potential for a bright and happy life, and then Ma and Pa come along, tell Liddy that there will be no more Santa Claus or Easter Bunny because little Liddy got lippy while trying to watch a little Tom and Jerry, and thus the corrosion of the soul begins.
The initial premise was that I never had a soul.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
The initial premise was that I never had a soul.
The PIG's initial premise was that you never had a soul. I still hold that you were dealt a perfectly legitimate soul that was then squashed through either years of neglect and abuse or perhaps it was one bad episode of Saved by the Bell. Either way, I'm proclaiming 'death' not 'never had.'

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
The PIG's initial premise was that you never had a soul. I still hold that you were dealt a perfectly legitimate soul that was then squashed through either years of neglect and abuse or perhaps it was one bad episode of Saved by the Bell. Either way, I'm proclaiming 'death' not 'never had.'
Is there anyone who thinks that maybe I still have a soul? That maybe it grew late and I still never particularly figured out what to do with it?